The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aula
It's funny, more and more people are using this site, but it feels much less like a community.

:clap2:
Reply 9901
It's the same principle that makes a village more of a community than a city. Was always gonna happen eventually :sad: :nopity:
Original post by Magnum Opus
Do we not still do footy meets? :sad:

As Pat said a few posts up, we just stopped doing it after loads of people said they would turn up and then only 4 (5 if you include Jo, who I felt particularly sorry for) of us did. Of course, some have valid reasons for not attending, but for some it just seems like they couldn't be bothered getting out of bed or just voted for the b4ntz. Still, the least you expect is a quick text or a call or something to let you know if someone isn't planning on turning up. I also had diarrhea on the day, which just summed up how **** that day was! Doesn't help that there's also a couple of people who seemed to revel in seeing these meets fail or did their utmost to derail them. Attendances have obviously dwindled since Mike left as there's no one to put a lot of people up for the night, but we still used to get good-ish numbers. There's still some people up for the meets, as you show, I get the odd message on FB and on here asking when the next one is, so there is still some interest. Just needs an organiser.
Reply 9903
Oh yeah, it stopped being a tight knit thing ages ago. Look at this ****ing thread.
Reply 9904
Original post by Mastermind`
As Pat said a few posts up, we just stopped doing it after loads of people said they would turn up and then only 4 (5 if you include Jo, who I felt particularly sorry for) of us did. Of course, some have valid reasons for not attending, but for some it just seems like they couldn't be bothered getting out of bed or just voted for the b4ntz. Still, the least you expect is a quick text or a call or something to let you know if someone isn't planning on turning up. I also had diarrhea on the day, which just summed up how **** that day was! Doesn't help that there's also a couple of people who seemed to revel in seeing these meets fail or did their utmost to derail them. Attendances have obviously dwindled since Mike left as there's no one to put a lot of people up for the night, but we still used to get good-ish numbers. There's still some people up for the meets, as you show, I get the odd message on FB and on here asking when the next one is, so there is still some interest. Just needs an organiser.

Your illness ruined our momentum.
I'd be up for meeting to watch a match with a good few people. That could be good. IIRC there's a good few London based people.... :beard:

I can't play football atm, due to an injury.

Also, I provisionally have a new job. :h:
Reply 9906
I'd be perfectly happy to meet up with the good lot and catch a game during the holidays.
Reply 9907
Original post by Colonel.
Oh yeah, it stopped being a tight knit thing ages ago. Look at this ****ing thread.

Haha so true, we used to have a new thread every week or two, now we can't even get through one in a year!

Everyone that used to post on here regularly just doesn't have the time anymore, this thread will be pointless in a year or two.
Original post by Colonel.
Your illness ruined our momentum.

Tell me about it :bawling:
Original post by Aula
:mmm: oh dear.
Yeah, I can see why you wouldn't want to bother organising them any more.

It's funny, more and more people are using this site, but it feels much less like a community.

That's because it isn't anymore, you only have to look at how the site has been redesigned to see how the community aspect is being erased :tongue:

TSR :rip:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Aula

Yes.

Not that this is particularly relevant, but I've been really **** at keeping in touch with people I'd have once been in touch with on a daily basis :sad:
Original post by isawsparks89
Yes.

Not that this is particularly relevant, but I've been really **** at keeping in touch with people I'd have once been in touch with on a daily basis :sad:

It's you :gah:

It's me :eek2:
It's me and you :eek3:

How's it going MO? What are you doing yurr?
It's me :eek2:
It's me and you :eek3:

How's it going MO? What are you doing yurr?

I'm pretty good, but I suddenly seem to never have much free time. I need more Bowie in my life.

How're you? :h:
I'm pretty good, but I suddenly seem to never have much free time. I need more Bowie in my life.

How're you? :h:

Bowie :love:
I'm good thanks, nothing much to report :h:
God, I'm so hungry. Why always me. :sad:
Original post by JessicaW
God, I'm so hungry. Why always me. :sad:

you exist! :gah:

How's uni?
you exist! :gah:

How's uni?

I do!

Not bad, not bad. How's Spain?
Original post by JessicaW
I do!

Not bad, not bad. How's Spain?

Good :h: yeah it's ok, much better than the last trip to Spain thus far.
Any of you ***** seen Skyfall?

Went to see it at the o2 last night. I was queuing for popcorn, and a couple slithered to the end of the counter - I was in the second last Q - and then the couple ordered some food, almost causing a ruckus. One man confronted them, called them Q jumpers and swore a few times [the cinema was rammed, with every Skyfall slot sold out], so the woman went to the management after she got her food. The trouble was that three people seen her jump the Q and she tried to claim they hadn't done that at all. ****ing idiots.

Latest