The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8220
Again :colonhash:
Dafuq man?

After a promising start, the season has already started towards a downward spiral.

Santos is definitely not good enough at LB. Need a proper world class striker. DAMMIT!
Getting the popcorn for Twitter's 'Wenger Out' brigade.

Spurs - Arsenal, Europa League final? I can dream. Also heard that the Schalke fans were singing Spurs songs, atta boys.

:teehee:
****ing depressing.
Reply 8224
Santos hasnt been good enough from the start, hes way too attacking.
Podolski and Chamberlain need to become our first choice wingers. And we need to spend big on a new striker.

Gervinho is horrific.
We'll still qualify with ease.

**** performance though. Santos was beyond bad. Our attack toothless. We need to play wider, too often are team clogging up the middle and stopping us from playing. Doesn't help when our 3 attacking players are all inclined to move inside. If we played wide players it would open up space for our striker to make runs in behind for those cute balls, plus we could be more direct.
Reply 8227
Arsenal fans like to treat their players like utter ****e don't they? Those sarcastic cheers when Gervinho was announced to come off were v. surprising.

Arsenal miss Walcott. Quite clearly too. Podolski is a good player but he isn't the type to make something out of nothing, Gervinho is erratic and Giroud hasn't found his shooting boots yet. It's no surprise Arsenal's form is dipping and swerving. I still expect Arsenal to qualify from this group and do quite well in the league - it's just whether Arsenal fans want more than that every season. It seems to be the same wet routine every year.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by EmperorMustard
We'll still qualify with ease.

Hopefully, but we really need to top the group otherwise we'll just end up drawing someone like Barca.
Other than Cazorla not one player in the team put out tonight is creative. You would've thought that after Norwich Wenger would have learnt but clearly not. Players like Gervinho and Ramsey are hardworking but they are useless on the ball so for home games where we should be outplaying the opposition I don't see the point in having them both playing and taking up 2 of the 3 forward roles. Gnabry or even Arshavin would've been better options but maybe tonight has finally showed Wenger that his ridiculous ploy of playing Gervinho as the central striker doesn't work.
Original post by T.Adams VI
Podolski and Chamberlain need to become our first choice wingers. And we need to spend big on a new striker.

Gervinho is horrific.

You've got to be kidding me? He's been atrocious in our last two games and arguably has been worse than Gervinho. At least with Gervinho, he tries to get into position and engineers chances, Podolski hasn't even done that. I'm not saying Gervinho has done well, he's been ****. However, Podolski has been just as bad and yet everyone praises him.
Gervinho and Santos were both dreadful, the former should only be played on the left as that's the only position in which he can actually contribute to the team. But then we've got the problem that Podolski plays there. His decision making and composure leave a lot to be desired and it's quite suprising because he scored eightteen goals in back-to-back seasons for Lille. Santos shouldn't be played as a LB, Farfan killed him repeatedly and it was depressing to watch. Reminded me of Bale tearing apart Maicon.

Don't even understand why Giroud was dropped, like that's going to help improve his confidence when a winger is playing in your position. Ramsey on the right too was a baffling decision, why not start Gnabry instead of being conservative. Schalke were always going to counter us today. It's not a disaster by any means but it's disappointing that we approached the game with such naivety. We should be OK in the next few weeks because our English quartet are all returning.
(edited 11 years ago)
I have just heard Arsenal lost the match against Schalke at home. But I think Arsenal is strong enough to reach the last sixteen.
Original post by Darth Vader 7
Disgusting performance. Our entire attack is ****. It's ridiculous that Gnabry does more in 5 seconds than the entire attack has done throughout the match.

Some are crediting him with your only shot on target.

This match was at the Emirates, right?
Anyone else think Podolski should be given a chance up front alongside or just behind Giroud? He has a pretty good conversion rate of shots on goal/goals so far this season and looks dangerous when he does get in an attacking area. When he's played on the wing he goes so silent he might of well has been in the stands watching the game, bar the cross to Giroud in the WHU game. Worst time for Walcott to decide he wants to be a striker now - yeah he was frustrating there last season but right now he's the best we have down the flanks, and it's been obvious that pace he brings has been desperately needed for 2 games now.

also...
Aaron Ramsey has more all-time Champions League appearances (21) and goals (3) for Arsenal than anyone else in the starting line-up.

Wow. :/
Original post by Kevmeister
Some are crediting him with your only shot on target.

This match was at the Emirates, right?

Yup. Our only shot on target and it was in injury time after the game was already lost. Pathetic performance. Our attack is the worst it has been in a very long time.
Original post by ImGlad
Arsenal fans like to treat their players like utter sh'te don't they? Those sarcastic cheers when Gervinho was announced to come off were v. surprising.

Arsenal miss Walcott. Quite clearly too. Podolski is a good player but he isn't the type to make something out of nothing, Gervinho is erratic and Giroud hasn't found his shooting boots yet. It's no surprise Arsenal's form is dipping and swerving. I still expect Arsenal to qualify from this group and do quite well in the league - it's just whether Arsenal fans want more than that every season. It seems to be the same wet routine every year.

I remember similar things happening to Eboue. But lets be honest gervinho can be as useless as he can be good. I guess that small form he had is deterioating
Original post by The_Jatt_Joker
I remember similar things happening to Eboue. But lets be honest gervinho can be as useless as he can be good. I guess that small form he had is deterioating

She conveniently forgets to mention how those jeers are drowned out by a standing ovation by the fans.
Very poor tonight. Mertesacker kept us in the game but we had no hop with mugs like Gervinho/Ramsey leading the line.
Depressing.

Respect for the Schalke fans though, never stopped singing.
all my analysis is not based on today's result

Our problems wont go away untill the manager has been sacked and the board are changed. Arsenal fans need to gather for a protest at the stadium..we need to get the board where it hurts most their pockets. Its because we love arsenal too much we keep buying tickets.....I hope it doesnt take the loss of champions league football to wake arsenal fans up about our crisis that started 5 seasons ago

Latest