The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

btw Mourinho said in a press conference recently that they 100% wont be signing falcao, some kind of agreement between the clubs. I think the inevitable options for him are PSG, City, Chelsea and Juve, Possibly Barca but I doubt it very much, I just pray he doesnt end up at the english clubs. Also what a season Malaga are having, I'd completely written them off this season, with the loss of Cazorla, Rondon, Mathijsen, Ruud etc and the whole unpaid wages stuff, figured theyd be scrapping relegation and be out of the CL, Pellegrini deserves massive credit.
Juve cannot afford Falcao. If you think Malaga had it bad just look at Milan, who they faced tonight.

Madrid v Dortmund will be interesting. A draw will suit both sides. :beard:
Im not certain of Juventus' financial position but ive had the feeling the money is there if they want to use it, I dont think they will pay what atletico want for him but it wont be because they cant afford him. Berlusconis 560m fine has absolutely screwed milan, they need a new owner pronto.
Reply 723
Barca win 5-0 away made it look soo easy in the second half Messi grabbing 2 goals.
Original post by xxbradkennedyxx
btw Mourinho said in a press conference recently that they 100% wont be signing falcao, some kind of agreement between the clubs. I think the inevitable options for him are PSG, City, Chelsea and Juve, Possibly Barca but I doubt it very much, I just pray he doesnt end up at the english clubs. Also what a season Malaga are having, I'd completely written them off this season, with the loss of Cazorla, Rondon, Mathijsen, Ruud etc and the whole unpaid wages stuff, figured theyd be scrapping relegation and be out of the CL, Pellegrini deserves massive credit.

Pellegrini is a top manager. Got 2nd with villareal in 09 with a shoestring budget. He's the only manager to have more wins than defeats vs barca as villareal manager. He did ok with madrid, closed the gap(expected) but couldn't get them to click like mourinho did.
Also took villareal to a CL semi-final, shame his record in the CL with madrid was so poor, he's much more likeable than mou.
Original post by Manny92
Barca win 5-0 away made it look soo easy in the second half Messi grabbing 2 goals.

Career goals 300 and 301 in 419 games, if I remember correctly. :sogood:
Reply 727
His calendar total is now 73. Gerd Muller's is 2nd with 75 and Pele 1st with 85.
Original post by jit987
His calendar total is now 73. Gerd Muller's is 2nd with 75 and Pele 1st with 85.

Should smash Pele's record then since he's still got 2 months then?
I thought Pele was the one with 75 and Gerd had 85..Swear that's what they said on Revista the other day.
Reply 730
Original post by The Baron
I thought Pele was the one with 75 and Gerd had 85..Swear that's what they said on Revista the other day.

Yeah, you're right :sigh:
Reply 731
Original post by The Baron

Also said if he kept going at same rate then probably could get 95. Wouldn't bet against him getting to 100. Ridiculous scoring rate!
Speaking of ridiculous scoring rates, Falcao just scored again...what a season he's having.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
GOLO!

Higuain makes it 0-1 :biggrin:

Hala Madrid !
If atletico keep this up(falcao staying permitting) then I can see them closing the gap between the big two. Think they'll be 10-15 points behind compared to being 45 points behind madrid last season. Simeone is doing wonders for sure. Would be interesting to see them win the league though.
That's 11 games in a row now for Falcao. In fact, the only game which he hasn't scored this season was the opening game of the season.
Ronaldo makes it 2-0 :biggrin:
Reply 737
Original post by KingMessi
Career goals 300 and 301 in 419 games, if I remember correctly. :sogood:

Yes indeed simply amazing love watching him play :smile:
Madrid going rampant now. Looks like they're back, a real test would be the malaga and the atletico match since they passed their barca test already. Atletico are looking like title contenders while malaga are overacheiving down to the management skills of pellegrini.
I'm predicting;

1) Barcelona, 2) Real Madrid, 3) Atletico Madrid.

I'm fairly sure Falcao wont be able to keep this crazy goalscoring record going. If he does, and they keep solid at the back, then Atletico will be a title contender.

I think Real Madrid can only get stronger, Barcelona look solid this season.

Latest