The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pinkpenguin
As long as Star Wars 7 isn't written by George Lucas, this is EXCELLENT NEWS.

I have to disagree. For all the griping about how Lucas is a sell-out, I think the real problem here is: why can't we just leave "Star Wars" alone?! It's run its course. I really think any continuation is going to be terrible, no matter who writes it!

Think I'll wait for the library to get this one, just on principle.
Original post by aja89
Just got spoiled for Skyfall by some **** on Twitter. Furious. :colonhash:

Very annoying! Fortunately, I managed to avoid all information (didn't even watch the trailer). So everything was a surprise. But avoiding spoilers in the digital age is really hard work! You definitely have to avoid twitter :frown:
Original post by ariadnak
I have to disagree. For all the griping about how Lucas is a sell-out, I think the real problem here is: why can't we just leave "Star Wars" alone?! It's run its course. I really think any continuation is going to be terrible, no matter who writes it!

Think I'll wait for the library to get this one, just on principle.

Has it though? It doesn't have to be a direct sequel to ROTJ. People can moan all they like about George Lucas, but he's crafted an exciting science fiction universe with lots of potential to cover stories at different times in its history. It could jump hundreds of years into the future and still be interesting.

Personally, I loved the Star Wars OT and was one of the disappointed band with the prequels. Lucas ruined the great idea of doing a prequel trilogy to the original films with poor scriptwriting, bad acting and a slightly off-the-mark story idea.

So everyone is now disappointed with the idea of more because we are basing our experience of new Star Wars off the prequel trilogy. Why can't this film kick ass? The concept of Star Wars had some great sci fi principles and a real potential for a heartfelt story etc etc. I'd love to see this again.

And this is the studio that bought Marvel and produced The Avengers. Get the right team on board (Christopher Nolan anyone....?? That's only half a joke) and this could be an awesome movie.
Reply 7723
Does anyone want to be a complete life saver and message me a Orange Wednesday code? :puppyeyes:

We are one short for the night, I would be very grateful :colondollar:
Reply 7724
Original post by Deshi
Does anyone want to be a complete life saver and message me a Orange Wednesday code? :puppyeyes:

Still need it? If so, let me know. :smile: Not going out tonight so it's fine
Reply 7725
Original post by Revent
Still need it? If so, let me know. :smile: Not going out tonight so it's fine

Yeah I do. Will greatly appreciate it mate.
Reply 7726
Original post by Deshi
Yeah I do. Will greatly appreciate it mate.

Sent.
Can't believe I've never seen The Nightmare Before Christmas before! Watching it now. :awesome:
Original post by Deshi

What's an Orange Wednesday code? If you don't mind me asking?
Reply 7730
Original post by Plato's Trousers
What's an Orange Wednesday code? If you don't mind me asking?

If you're on Orange, you get cinema tickets at participating cinemas at a price of 2 for 1.
Original post by Revent
If you're on Orange, you get cinema tickets at participating cinemas at a price of 2 for 1.

:cool: about time I changed from O2 by the sound of it.
Got round to watching the Top Gear Bond car special.

If you're a fan of Bond please, please watch it. It may as well not be an episode of Top Gear, it's just Hammond and it's not trying to be stupid or funny. It's just a really good look at some of the iconic cars and a quick look at some of the more memorable stunts and moments on set.

Also (Skyfall spoiler):

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by cambo211
Got round to watching the Top Gear Bond car special.

If you're a fan of Bond please, please watch it. It may as well not be an episode of Top Gear, it's just Hammond and it's not trying to be stupid or funny. It's just a really good look at some of the iconic cars and a quick look at some of the more memorable stunts and moments on set.

Is it still on iplayer? Forgot to watch that on Monday...
Original post by PoGo HoPz
Is it still on iplayer? Forgot to watch that on Monday...

Yep. Sitting right at the top of most popular.
Original post by Plato's Trousers
:cool: about time I changed from O2 by the sound of it.

I don;t even think you need to be on Orange. Last I heard, there's an app.

Classic example of a film that's just been tarnished by crappy sequels/prequels/remakes etc
I enjoyed that.
I'm glad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending