The Student Room Group

PGDE Primary Scotland - 2013

Hey

Anyone else out there applied to any of the PGDE Primary courses in Scotland for a 2013 start? I sent mine to Edinburgh Uni about 2 weeks ago now. I know it's far too early to be hearing back but I can't stop myself from constantly checking the Track on GTTR haha!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iLanny
Hey

Anyone else out there applied to any of the PGDE Primary courses in Scotland for a 2013 start? I sent mine to Edinburgh Uni about 2 weeks ago now. I know it's far too early to be hearing back but I can't stop myself from constantly checking the Track on GTTR haha!

Hey! I've applied to Glasgow and Strathclyde. What is the normal time for people to start hearing back? Will it be after Christmas?
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Rock N Roll
Hey! I've applied to Glasgow and Strathclyde. What is the normal time for people to start hearing back? Will it be after Christmas?

Well last time I heard back after New Year, but I think some people heard on the Friday before the University closed for Christmas. I'm guessing it will be around then again for Edinburgh and possibly Glasgow.

I may be wrong but I think Strathclyde usually have interviews in March so might get in touch a bit later than Christmas time?

It's a long wait!!
Original post by iLanny
Well last time I heard back after New Year, but I think some people heard on the Friday before the University closed for Christmas. I'm guessing it will be around then again for Edinburgh and possibly Glasgow.

I may be wrong but I think Strathclyde usually have interviews in March so might get in touch a bit later than Christmas time?

It's a long wait!!

Just to make the application process that little bit more agonising :P I got an acknowledgement email from Glasgow and they said they start their interviews in January so I imagine they would tell us before Christmas...
Original post by iLanny

It's a long wait!!

I have applied for Edinburgh (and Strathclyde). Received acknowledgement from Edinburgh and they have given me a username to access MyEd to track my details there. Think Edinburgh usually have their interviews towards end of January so should hear before Christmas. Are you going to their PostGrad open day next week?
Reply 5
hey, i applied for the pgde course at glasgow aswell and i had my interview yesterday. It wasnt as bad as i thought and it was quite relaxed, however, i need to wait till january to find out if i get in or not :frown: has anyone else had their interview? how did it go?
Reply 6
Original post by weeclaire
hey, i applied for the pgde course at glasgow aswell and i had my interview yesterday. It wasnt as bad as i thought and it was quite relaxed, however, i need to wait till january to find out if i get in or not :frown: has anyone else had their interview? how did it go?

Well done on getting to the interview stage! Fingers crossed that you get good news in January! :smile:

I still haven't heard back from Edinburgh Uni but I didn't hear back until January last time I applied so I kind of expected it. But I guess (or hope!) that no news is good news.
Reply 7
Yeh no news is better than bad news! We just need to stay positive and hope for the best lol
Reply 8
I received an email from Edinburgh Uni inviting me to an interview on February 1st! :smile: So glad I found out before Christmas because now I can relax and start to prepare myself. Has anyone else heard back from Edinburgh yet?
Original post by iLanny
I received an email from Edinburgh Uni inviting me to an interview on February 1st! :smile: So glad I found out before Christmas because now I can relax and start to prepare myself. Has anyone else heard back from Edinburgh yet?

I've still not received anything :frown: just says pending our decision on the myed thingy...hope its not a bad sign!
Reply 10
Original post by ciarafarrell
I've still not received anything :frown: just says pending our decision on the myed thingy...hope its not a bad sign!

Mine is the same so really hoping we know either way before Christmas!!
has anyone else heard back?
Hey have applied to Edinburgh PGDE but havent heard anything yet. This is my fourth and last attempt at applying as I am a mature student. Have been checking continuiously this morning but nothing yet. Anyone else had any word back good or bad?:s-smilie:
Original post by iLanny

Well done you I know getting an interview is difficult. :smile:
Hi all,

I have an interview for PGDE primary teaching at Aberdeen on the 14th. What do you all think is mot important when preparing for the interview?
Original post by weeclaire

Hi Claire! I've got my interview at Glasgow on Wednesday and I'm soooooo nervous, trying to get all my prep finished for it today. Was the group discussion part quite relaxed as well? That's the bit I'm most nervous about :frown:
Reply 15
Anyone any clue when Edinburgh will get back to us?
I sent my application in November - the wait is very frustrating especially when all the other places are filling up!!
Original post by youwish
Anyone any clue when Edinburgh will get back to us?
I sent my application in November - the wait is very frustrating especially when all the other places are filling up!!

Being the bearer of bad news here. I was sick of waiting so phoned the admissions office and asked. Got told that currently all interview spaces are full but they are waiting to get final intake numbers and if more than expected they will interview more. In a roundabout way, I didn't get it :frown: worth all the others who haven't heard back to phone aswel to see if its the same reason. Bit annoying they won't fully reject me as ill probably loose out to my second choice Strathclyde by the time Edinburgh fully make up their mind, but kind of living in hope at increase in intake numbers.
Reply 17
Hey Ciara,
My second choice is Strathclyde too. I rang up GTTR yesterday and withdrew from Edinburgh so I would have a chance to be hopefully looked at somewhere else as the wait made me lose hope. Not sure if it was the best move but really want teaching, don't care where!
Thanks a million for your info and best of luck!:smile:

Being the bearer of bad news here. I was sick of waiting so phoned the admissions office and asked. Got told that currently all interview spaces are full but they are waiting to get final intake numbers and if more than expected they will interview more. In a roundabout way, I didn't get it :frown: worth all the others who haven't heard back to phone aswel to see if its the same reason. Bit annoying they won't fully reject me as ill probably loose out to my second choice Strathclyde by the time Edinburgh fully make up their mind, but kind of living in hope at increase in intake numbers.
Reply 18
Original post by LaundryService
Hi Claire! I've got my interview at Glasgow on Wednesday and I'm soooooo nervous, trying to get all my prep finished for it today. Was the group discussion part quite relaxed as well? That's the bit I'm most nervous about :frown:

Hi well done on getting an interview :smile: yeah the group discussion is a lot more relaxed than I thought it would be and the teacher who is present listening to the discussion also does your individual interview so it's all fairly relaxed :smile:
Let me know how it goes
Xx
Reply 19

Hi, I haven't heard yet as well and after reading your post I am wondering if there is a chance... Am I correct thinking that if I was rejected they would tell me by now? Has anybody been rejected already or they will contact all unsuccessful candidates later on at the same time?

Quick Reply

Latest