Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York St John Upper Primary PGCE 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Good luck!!

I haven't heard anything back since the weekend when I got the disability form.

When did you submit your application to GTTR? Mine was sent by them to YSJ for consideration on 25/10

And did you receive an email from YSJ or GTTR? How did you find out?

Thanks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Reply 21
That was quick. When did you find out you had an interview? You can tell us all about it and give up pointers (if I ever get an interview) hehe x
Reply 22
Original post by Nicky T
Good luck!!

I haven't heard anything back since the weekend when I got the disability form.

When did you submit your application to GTTR? Mine was sent by them to YSJ for consideration on 25/10

Eek.. Hopefully we will hear something this week...Track is saying mine was sent on 24/10 but I did ring YSJ a few days later and they hadn't received it yet. When I emailed about the skills tests though they had my application and all the official docs to say I passed them both are now part of my application. Cmon..I wanna know already..if its a no at least it can go to my second choice. x
Reply 23
"Our sincere apologies for the receipt of the support needs questionnaire regarding a disclosed disability. Please ignore the email as it has been sent in error.
Your application has not been affected or delayed in any way by this error.
Once again our apologies.

Kind regards,
Learning Support Service
E: [email protected]"

Reply 24
Sorry for the late response. Can't log on to student room from my main computer for some reason. I think it about 3 weeks ago that I applied. The interview is for the part time course which is not tied to GTTR processes as you apply direct to the Uni. The interview process is the same though. I went to the open day and they said that the parttime course which starts in March is already half full.
Reply 25
Heard anything mad-cow18?

Do you know how many full-time places they have?

I phoned them about a month ago and they said each year they get allocated about 150-160 places. I hope they haven't had their allocation cut since then Hmmm

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
No not yet! I rung them on Friday when they had my application for 2 weeks and they said would be I'm next week or so and it's with head of school admissions at the mo. Eugh... I really would hope this week we hear something at least. A friend who did the course last year said they are a bit unorganised at these things but he had his application in late September and had interview mid November.. So from timings I'm guessing mid December meaning we find out in a few weeks.

Reply 27
How was your interview Striving?

Reply 28
Original post by mad-cow18
No not yet! I rung them on Friday when they had my application for 2 weeks and they said would be I'm next week or so and it's with head of school admissions at the mo. Eugh... I really would hope this week we hear something at least. A friend who did the course last year said they are a bit unorganised at these things but he had his application in late September and had interview mid November.. So from timings I'm guessing mid December meaning we find out in a few weeks.

Cool, I hate waiting. Just got to be patient I guess :smile:

Reply 29
Interview Thursday 22nd November-next week! Eek xxx

Reply 30
Interview Thursday 22nd November-next week! Eek xxx

Well done you, you're the second batch then :smile:

I haven't heard anything officially but I called up earlier concerned and they said unofficially, that if I was sent the disability questionnaire that means I should be invited to an interview, but she said she wasn't able to confirm.

So maybe I'll be with the 3rd batch of interviewees on 6/12. I hope so, totally in limbo arghhhh!

My friend who got on last year said she was sent an article about a Master's level PGCE debate. Have you been sent that? I wonder if it's the same.

Has anything surprised you from YSJ or is their website up-to-date with the interview day itinerary? Hope they don't throw any curve balls! Lol

Best of luck!!!

Reply 31
Original post by Nicky T
Well done you, you're the second batch then :smile:

I haven't heard anything officially but I called up earlier concerned and they said unofficially, that if I was sent the disability questionnaire that means I should be invited to an interview, but she said she wasn't able to confirm.

So maybe I'll be with the 3rd batch of interviewees on 6/12. I hope so, totally in limbo arghhhh!

My friend who got on last year said she was sent an article about a Master's level PGCE debate. Have you been sent that? I wonder if it's the same.

Has anything surprised you from YSJ or is their website up-to-date with the interview day itinerary? Hope they don't throw any curve balls! Lol

Best of luck!!!

Thanks. Fingers crossed for you too. Can't believe its next week. Luckily I don't have too much uni work at the mo.

Yup..got the masters level debate...Can you ask your friend what she wrote about? Would be really useful to know the kind of things they are looking for.

You have the written task, the 4 tests, group task (think this is same as group presentation) and individual interview. Just trying to get my head around the briefing paper at the mo as its 12 pages long! They have pretty much said go to the website for more details so guessing the website is all up to date. x
Reply 32

Yup..got the masters level debate...Can you ask your friend what she wrote about? Would be really useful to know the kind of things they are looking for.

It doesn't sound straight forward. She'd need to know what they've asked of you. She said feel free to email her, [email protected]

Good luck!

Reply 33
Thanks. Have just emailed so hopefully get some tips lol xxx

Reply 34
Hey,

Have an interview at YSJ for upper primary in two weeks time and was hoping for some advice and help on what to expect.

Worried about the written and group task so any advice would really help!

Thank you in advance.
I know how you feel

I have an interview on the 7th of march for upper primary and I'm really worried too!
Does anyone know if we can use whiteboards during our teaching task?
Reply 37
Original post by rebecca-moffatt
Does anyone know if we can use whiteboards during our teaching task?

I don't think we can no! When is your interview? Mines the 7th x
Original post by sammyt850
I don't think we can no! When is your interview? Mines the 7th x

think it'd be okay if i brought in a small whiteboard with a marker? haha and mine's the 7th too :smile: getting scared! x
Reply 39
Original post by rebecca-moffatt
think it'd be okay if i brought in a small whiteboard with a marker? haha and mine's the 7th too :smile: getting scared! x

I can't see why not? I'm so scared lol mainly about the written task part I just can't get my head around the article!! Oh and the presentation! Haha may well see you there then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending