The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5160
Original post by ROSSYROO
I'm so nervous, I'm just waiting for someone on this thread to write "Got an interview letter for History" or something!

Seeing my teacher at work tonight didn't help quell my nerves "you'll get the news this coming week most likely: whether you've been rejected or not." Yeah, thanks!

Heard from a friend that her tutor is still up to her eyes with HAT papers to mark- and they will still have to do the sorting after that. So, history people take a deep breath...
Reply 5161
Original post by sarajlim
I hope so too! If I get an interview, I will be heading over there. I'll miss some of my finals, but my school will let me make them up :smile: 3 days, 23 hrs until BMAT results come out :O

That's good. You'll have to tell me how it is! :wink:
Yikes! Good luck!
I didn't have to take any tests for Chemistry, which is good—it's been six months since I've been in a chem class. I'll definitely have to do some refresher studying if I get an interview.
Reply 5162
Original post by cesca42
Oh, cool ,I liked Colorado, never went to Dallas though. I lived in Houston.

That's cool. I worked in Houston this summer. Not exactly my favorite city in Texas, but not the worst either.
Reply 5163
Original post by berryripple
I think there's been one for chemistry but nothing else. I've applied for law at Brasenose and nothing yet!

Brasenose law here too,

still waiting for the interview...hmm
Reply 5164
The Merton College Facebook says we can expect an email "toward the end of November".
Reply 5165
Hi!
Yesterday evening I received email from UCAS
"Something has changed on your UCAS application; please log in to UCAS Track to view the changes."
But I wasn't at home and due to it wasn't able to check it. Today maintanance take place and I cannot check my UCAS Track...
Does anyone know If rejections were sent as well, or only invitations?
I can't wait till I see those information.
Did you get email from Oxford as well?
Thanks in advance :wink:
Original post by Przeszaf
Hi!
"Something has changed on your UCAS application; please log in to UCAS Track to view the changes."
But I wasn't at home and due to it wasn't able to check it. Today maintanance take place and I cannot check my UCAS Track...

Most likely case is its just an offer from one of the other universities you applied to.
Reply 5167
Original post by Przeszaf
Hi!

It'll be a rejection, offer or change to one of your offers you have already.
Interview's get sent via email or post (I got mine via email). :smile:

Has anyone planned their outfits yet?
Original post by DCDude
Heard from a friend that her tutor is still up to her eyes with HAT papers to mark- and they will still have to do the sorting after that. So, history people take a deep breath...

*deep breath* :eek:
Original post by Solo123
Yes... I have a delightfully bright red hoodie that I shall wear for two weeks straight to identify me as an interview helper :tongue:
Original post by fluteflute
Yes... I have a delightfully bright red hoodie that I shall wear for two weeks straight to identify me as an interview helper :tongue:

Oh Greg :tongue: Also, listen to the album!! IMO better than Speak Now, not a single song I dislike :smile:
Reply 5171
Kind of hope that my passport comes in on time so that ill actually be able to go and not like fail and have to say, "they took to long renewing it... I regretfully cannot attend..."
Reply 5172
Original post by auggie
That's good. You'll have to tell me how it is! :wink:
Yikes! Good luck!
I didn't have to take any tests for Chemistry, which is good—it's been six months since I've been in a chem class. I'll definitely have to do some refresher studying if I get an interview.

Thanks! Hoping for really good news :smile: It would be awesome if I have to take my finals late :biggrin: Did you do AP Chem? What classes are you taking right now?
Reply 5173
Original post by Solo123

Yup: black velvet dress, red blazer (like dull red) and black tights. Thoughts? What are you wearing then?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5174
Trousers, shoes and shirt. Maybe a jumper.

If I have to go to another college ill put a coat on.
Reply 5175
You're already thinking of what to wear !?!

God, I'm not even going to even contemplate this yet, I'm not even going to assume I've got an interview haha
Original post by Solo123

Onesie :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
You're already thinking of what to wear !?!

God, I'm not even going to even contemplate this yet, I'm not even going to assume I've got an interview haha

Precisely. I'm actually starting to worry that the rejection is going to come through very soon :frown:

I'm going to think about what to wear about 2 days before having to go up to Oxford IF I even get that far!
Reply 5178
Original post by shaminn
Precisely. I'm actually starting to worry that the rejection is going to come through very soon :frown:

I'm going to think about what to wear about 2 days before having to go up to Oxford IF I even get that far!

Exactly!

I'm trying to convince myself I haven't got an interview to lessen the disappointment for if it comes to that. If I happen to though, then it'll be a great surprise!

But everyone at my school is talking about how I have an interview guaranteed, and it's really annoying me. Whereas I'm trying to play it down, and say "well, chances are I won't," they're saying "for when you get your interview ..." and it bugs me. Not just teachers, but friends too, and so all this pressure is really unnecessary. I applied to say that I had, and so from the beginning I was doubtful of progressing further what with so many more abled candidates.

I just want the letter, rejection or not, to shut them all up basically hahah!
(edited 11 years ago)
Exactly!

I'm trying to convince myself I haven't got an interview to lessen the disappointment for if it comes to that. If I happen to though, then it'll be a great!

But everyone at my school is talking about how I have an interview guaranteed, and it's really annoying me. Whereas I'm trying to play it down, and say "well, chances are I won't," they're saying "for when you get your interview ..." and it bugs me. Not just teachers, but friends too, and so all this pressure is really unnecessary.

I just want the letter, rejection or not, to shut them all up basically hahah!

I know what you mean, it really puts the pressure on you for something that is now out of your hands and it's not exactly nice having everyone do that to you even though they are doing it with the best intentions. That's why I like to keep the Oxford part of my application quiet with friends/family/teachers, just saves me the headache.

:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending