The Student Room Group

2013 Pharmacy applicants :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2380
Original post by EatRainbows_x
Hey! you'd be fine wearing trousers and a smart shirt as you said, I think a full suit would be too much. I had to ask the same question lol :rolleyes:

Where have you applied? :smile:

Hi! Thanks for the advice! Think I might just go with a slim fit suit without a tie though. :cool: I've applied to Keele, DeMontfort, Aston, Birmingham and Manchester...so mostly ones around the West Midlands. How about you? :smile:
Reply 2381
Original post by Jassstewart
My interview is on the 12 of December too!

Might see you there :smile: where else you applied ?
Original post by Legal drugdealer
Phew i thought i was the only one on here who did. Have you heard anything from them yet?

Hahaha I have too! :smile: yes I had to pass an online aptitude test. I send off my application on the 7th of November and they emailed me the link to the online test last Thursday. :smile:
Reply 2383
Original post by Hishy1
You can do both. For my last interview I wore a full suit but the time before I jus wore a v-neck jumper and a shirt n tie. I think smart is best, probs best to go in full suit I would say. But up to ur preference :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Thanks for the advice! I've seen a nice slim dark navy blue suit...might wear that with just a shirt...no tie. :cool: Where have you applied? :smile:
Original post by A.Alexis
I have got an interview at Reading univerity on the 12th December. I don't know what to expect, has anyone already had an interview at Reading? Tips on preparation would be great! x

Mee too on the 12 th
Reply 2385
Original post by Jassstewart
Mee too on the 12 th

I'll definately see you around :smile: Do you have registration at 1:15pm aswell?
Original post by Jessss
Cardiff was hard for me! Yeah, it's goes like 5 mins on "why pharmacy, why cardiff" etc. then 10 mins on pure science knowledge, they'll ask how your subjects relate to pharmacy, news in pharmacy and I got horribly specific questions on drugs since I work in a pharmacy, then like 5 mins on "give an example of team work, what's your greatest achievement" etc.

I left my interview almost crying since I couldn't answer half the questions, but got an offer 2 days later!! So really don't worry, I had such a bad vibe from her and it ended well :smile: Just try and answer the questions even if you have no idea. I think its the fact that I gave every question a go that they liked, even if I didn't know it rather than being like "I don't know ... next question." :smile: Good luck!! x

My interviewer didn't ask me many science questions just what my favorite chemistry course work was and what did I know about MRSA it wasn't that bad at all which interviewer did you have?
Woohoo UCL finally invited me for an open day thingy

Omggggggggg got an interview for UCL NEXT WEEK
Original post by otrivine
Omggggggggg got an interview for UCL NEXT WEEK

is it an actual individual interview or a group discussion???
i'm trying to determine whether the group discussion will actually couint towards our selection process.....
Original post by striver17
is it an actual individual interview or a group discussion???
i'm trying to determine whether the group discussion will actually couint towards our selection process.....

yes i think its an individual interview?
Reply 2391
Original post by tom_roberts
My interviewer didn't ask me many science questions just what my favorite chemistry course work was and what did I know about MRSA it wasn't that bad at all which interviewer did you have?

Her name was Leanne. In the talk the man gestured to her and was like "Leanne will be taking over admissions soon" she was the tall, skinny blonde lady in the front row. So I think she's the new head of admissions.
Thank god the maths test is not part of the selection process at ucl!!! :wink: yay
Original post by Jessss
Her name was Leanne. In the talk the man gestured to her and was like "Leanne will be taking over admissions soon" she was the tall, skinny blonde lady in the front row. So I think she's the new head of admissions.

yeah I remember her. I thought she was just training to be on the admissions team
Original post by medaxx
Might see you there :smile: where else you applied ?

Brighton, reading, Kingston(times 2) and KCL. you?
Thank god the maths test is not part of the selection process at ucl!!! :wink: yay

Really? How'd you know??

Reply 2396

Apparently it is!!! got an email inviting for an open day from there today and it will involve a group discussion with a maths test! Or were you being sarcastic? haha :')
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Princess-x
Really? How'd you know??

its says in the guideline for applicants :smile:

is yours on tuesday ! if so excited to meet you :biggrin:
Original post by chiny94
Apparently it is!!! got an email from there today and it will involve a group discussion with a maths test! Or was that a sarcasm? haha :')

yes but in the applicant guideline the link , it says it does not form part of the selection process

is your interview on tuesday next week

so quick better start preparing my self
Original post by A.Alexis
I'll definately see you around :smile: Do you have registration at 1:15pm aswell?

Yes!!! :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending