The Student Room Group

UEA Medicine with a foundation year A104 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hopefulmedic
did you manage to get one filled out in time? :smile:

I sent them an e-mail explaining what had happened, and they were really nice and gave me till the 1st of June to have it sent in. I posted it today, so it should be there before the date :biggrin:

Have you got everything sorted, finance, accomodation etc? :smile: x
Original post by Ally312
I sent them an e-mail explaining what had happened, and they were really nice and gave me till the 1st of June to have it sent in. I posted it today, so it should be there before the date :biggrin:

Have you got everything sorted, finance, accomodation etc? :smile: x

ah that's awesome! good good :smile:
yeah all applied for finance and accommodation, have you?
ah that's awesome! good good :smile:
yeah all applied for finance and accommodation, have you?

Yep, finance is sorted, and I've applied for accomodation too, but I haven't heard anything about that since the confirmation e-mail.

How's revision going? :smile: Not long now and all exams will be over too! :biggrin:
Original post by Ally312
Yep, finance is sorted, and I've applied for accomodation too, but I haven't heard anything about that since the confirmation e-mail.

How's revision going? :smile: Not long now and all exams will be over too! :biggrin:

that's good! yeah same here, don't think they sort it out until after results etc. :smile:
not too bad thanks! and for you? been doing bits of revision here and there, but started properly today (i.e. intensive, aha)
have you got lots done so far?
that's good! yeah same here, don't think they sort it out until after results etc. :smile:
not too bad thanks! and for you? been doing bits of revision here and there, but started properly today (i.e. intensive, aha)
have you got lots done so far?

same, here and there, but started it properly on the weekend. Chemistry is settling with practise, but it's biology that I'm freaking out on... too many cycles and ions haha :biggrin:
Reply 345
Original post by Ally312
Has anyone else got that health questionaire through e-mail? It says reminder but this is the first I've seen of it, and I haven't got the A104 offer letter pack either. Has anyone else got these?

As to the pack there really isn't much except a letter to say congrats about making it through... They were meant to send something on accommodation but in the same pack it said something along the lines of them having not enough to hand out so to check out the website... Not much apart from that :smile: good luck on your exams btw :smile:
Original post by Granny11
As to the pack there really isn't much except a letter to say congrats about making it through... They were meant to send something on accommodation but in the same pack it said something along the lines of them having not enough to hand out so to check out the website... Not much apart from that :smile: good luck on your exams btw :smile:

thanks and good luck with your exams too :smile: x
Original post by mahan93
hi

have they been really active with everyone else as well? I am getting a lot of E-mails and letters from them and i dont know if i should read into it or not, i mean shouldnt they be doing the CRB check after we have secured the place? i dont know much about the offer process, have they offered 25 exactly for 25 places? doesnt that mean everyone who got the offer has basically secured a place?

Hi :smile: Yeah I've been getting mail from them too, about health and CRB checks. From what I've heard, most universities do that for medicine before you've secured the place, not sure why though. Probably because they're too busy after? I'm not too sure about the offer situation, though I thought they gave more offers than they have places.
Hi, this is more for my girlfriend than me, but she is absolutely set on becoming a doctor/surgeon. She's done lots of work experience and has an unpaid job in a local hospital.
She has 6As and 5Bs at GCSE but unfortunately did not do good enough in her As's to be concidered for the standard 5 Year course.:frown:
Could this course be a good option for her?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 349
Original post by x-QueenOfHearts
Hi, this is more for my girlfriend than me, but she is absolutely set on becoming a doctor/surgeon. She's done lots of work experience and has an unpaid job in a local hospital.
She has 6As and 5Bs at GCSE but unfortunately did not do good enough in her As's to be concidered for the standard 5 Year course.:frown:
Could this course be a good option for her?

Thank you :smile:

Sounds quite similar to me tbh... You can pm me if you'd prefer but please note that I am really not that active on tsar :smile: I'm one of the lucky few to have been accepted this year and so can't really give you that much information (as I don't really know it myself!) but referring back to your original question... The course is designed to give an opportunity to those who are usually less fortunate... Not really one to be considered as a back up as they didn't do well or so... Be a tad careful with the wordings there :smile: I qualified as I lived in a poor area and went to a school, which is at the bottom of the league tables... The 6 year med at UEA is in a way an easier way to get in (in the sense that the grade boundaries are lower) but also note it is probably one of the hardest to get in as well! There are only 25 places and somewhat 930+ people applied this year... Therefore your credentials have to stand out! But as stated, not necessarily through grades... Therefore reasonable grades, extra curricular activites, outstanding personal statement, good social skills for interview and the ability to do a average in UKCATs :P... If you'd like to hear a little more on my credentials message me :smile: the course is there to give an opportunity to make some unforuntate people shine. To give a tiny flavour I got BBCCC at AS... I am as passionate as any other on the medical course, if not more :wink: I suppose to summarise my otherwise useless essay... This course will be good for you, only if 1) you meet the minimum entrance criteria 2) you meet the minimum social criteria (I.e. From bad school) and 3) really are passionate about medicine that you're prepared to dedicate your life to it!

Again sorry if not useful but feel free to ask me any questions you may have (this goes out to anyone) but also remember I may take time to reply unless TSR email me that you've replied :smile:

Granny11 (p.s. I am a guy... Don't ask about the username :P)
Sounds quite similar to me tbh... You can pm me if you'd prefer but please note that I am really not that active on tsar :smile: I'm one of the lucky few to have been accepted this year and so can't really give you that much information (as I don't really know it myself!) but referring back to your original question... The course is designed to give an opportunity to those who are usually less fortunate... Not really one to be considered as a back up as they didn't do well or so... Be a tad careful with the wordings there :smile: I qualified as I lived in a poor area and went to a school, which is at the bottom of the league tables... The 6 year med at UEA is in a way an easier way to get in (in the sense that the grade boundaries are lower) but also note it is probably one of the hardest to get in as well! There are only 25 places and somewhat 930+ people applied this year... Therefore your credentials have to stand out! But as stated, not necessarily through grades... Therefore reasonable grades, extra curricular activites, outstanding personal statement, good social skills for interview and the ability to do a average in UKCATs :P... If you'd like to hear a little more on my credentials message me :smile: the course is there to give an opportunity to make some unforuntate people shine. To give a tiny flavour I got BBCCC at AS... I am as passionate as any other on the medical course, if not more :wink: I suppose to summarise my otherwise useless essay... This course will be good for you, only if 1) you meet the minimum entrance criteria 2) you meet the minimum social criteria (I.e. From bad school) and 3) really are passionate about medicine that you're prepared to dedicate your life to it!

Again sorry if not useful but feel free to ask me any questions you may have (this goes out to anyone) but also remember I may take time to reply unless TSR email me that you've replied :smile:

Granny11 (p.s. I am a guy... Don't ask about the username :P)

I am hoping to apply this year for this particular course, I was wondering Granny11 whether I could message you about your application like work experience, personal statement, ukcat etc?

thanks and well done for getting a place there!
Reply 351
Original post by cloughnuts
I am hoping to apply this year for this particular course, I was wondering Granny11 whether I could message you about your application like work experience, personal statement, ukcat etc?

Yeah sure thing I'd love to help in any ays possible! Thank you very much :smile: I know from personal experience just how hard it can be to break into the medical world, especially if circumstances aren't ideal so will be loving to help anyone looking for help :smile:
Reply 352
Original post by cloughnuts

Sent you a message :smile:
Reply 353
May be a daft question but does anyone know what we need to in regards to immunisation? Do we have to get everything done as its just a med course or do we wait till we start next ear because of the foundation year?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 354
Original post by Saf0892
May be a daft question but does anyone know what we need to in regards to immunisation? Do we have to get everything done as its just a med course or do we wait till we start next ear because of the foundation year?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Still need to get them done as we may have placements or so.. As to which ones I'm a bit hazy on that one myself, sorry.
Original post by xxsanhaxx
Got an interview invite by letter for the 27th march :biggrin: over the moon :smile:!!!!!!!
When I had to confirm there were three other dates available so good luck everyone :smile:

can you possibly send me your personal statement?
Original post by xXA786DXx
Got interview for 15th March!!!!

can you send me your personal statement please? whats your academic profile like?
Yeah sure thing I'd love to help in any ays possible! Thank you very much :smile: I know from personal experience just how hard it can be to break into the medical world, especially if circumstances aren't ideal so will be loving to help anyone looking for help :smile:

Can i also message you about your application like work experience, personal statement, ukcat etc?

congratulations for getting a place onto the course! :smile:
Reply 358
messaged you :smile:
What is the interview like for this?

OSCE MMI or PANEL?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending