The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2013 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Sorry I came across badly. I was a bit shocked by them saying this but I appreciate that they called me to ask rather then dinge me without calling. I don't think I'm too good to be there at all... it was just an odd experience.
Currently thinking over my decision to choose between BAML and Deutsche (IBD), how would you guys rate the two? The environment of DB was amazing when I went there, great office location and very relaxed, friendly people. BAML seemed more corporate but its IB division is considerably better from what I understand.
Original post by Monaco Knight
Currently thinking over my decision to choose between BAML and Deutsche (IBD), how would you guys rate the two? The environment of DB was amazing when I went there, great office location and very relaxed, friendly people. BAML seemed more corporate but its IB division is considerably better from what I understand.

Tough call. I'd probably choose Deutsche--they're much stronger in Europe and though they're weaker in IBD overall they're an aggressive franchise and I'd rate their prospects above BoAML going forward.

But there's not much in it though and cultural fit should play a major role in any decision. If you're having trouble deciding I'd call up HR and tell them you're deciding between offers and would like to speak to some more people (perhaps on one or two desks you're most interested in) before deciding. Maybe leverage the offers to try and get a desk-specific offer at a desk that interests you (assuming they aren't rotational programs).

Congrats on having such a nice decision to make.
Is it just me or do Commerzbank only have vacancies for FICC Sales and not FICC trading for their summer internship? I hate their website. Can anyone tell me if I'm right?

https://cbcm.commerzbank.com/en/site/career/internships/internshipapplication.jsp
Original post by Arakasi 2.0
Is it just me or do Commerzbank only have vacancies for FICC Sales and not FICC trading for their summer internship? I hate their website. Can anyone tell me if I'm right?

https://cbcm.commerzbank.com/en/site/career/internships/internshipapplication.jsp

its straightforward, what you see is what they have left. no trading

DB is top notch... I would argue that DB is without a doubt a better choice for IBD in EMEA. Not sure why you would think otherwise
Original post by facetious
When did you apply/what part of Finance did you apply to? Wondering if they've started on Risk..

I applied 21st october. I applied general but was put in controllers.
Reply 3887

DB's conversion ratio this year wasn't great - 50%. Not exactly sure what the % was at BAML, but didnt hear anything that gave cause for concern from my mates. At the end of the day, getting a job is the most important thing, so I'd go where I have better chance of getting a job (note, DB is cutting back in CorpFin). I would do some research into conversion ratios at the two banks before I decide.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3888
Has anyone heard anything re:

BAML - Global Research?
Citigroup - IBD?

Would be much appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3889
Original post by MAINE.
DB's conversion ratio this year wasn't great - 50%. Not exactly sure what the % was at BAML, but didnt hear anything that gave cause for concern from my mates. At the end of the day, getting a job is the most important thing, so I'd go where I have better chance of getting a job (note, DB is cutting back in CorpFin). I would do some research into conversion ratios at the two banks before I decide.

do you work in HR?
Hey my status at Perella is "reviewed, Not selected". Does this mean it is a ding ?

Anybody received invitation for tomorrow's AC with MS ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3891
Original post by magnum206
Hey my status at Perella is "reviewed, Not selected". Does this mean it is a ding ?

No it means you're selected
Reply 3892
Original post by snakee
No it means you're selected

Its the new recruitment technique, say something and take the complete opposite meaning.
Reply 3893
Anyone heard from JPM trading AC from yesterday yet? I know it's early days but the wait is killing me
Original post by Ram92
Its the new recruitment technique, say something and take the complete opposite meaning.

don't know, could have meant, reviewed but no yet selected (or rejected)
Anyone have any idea of what might happen here.

Had interviews with a BB for a non-London office.

2nd round interview was with a MD Co-head of a group, we hit it off and he let me pass onto the final round

There were 2 interviews in the final round, the first one went well, the second one was with the other co-head MD and another director. Didn't go that well.

Would there need to be a consensus opinion of me, or I guess I am screwed because I think I didn't perform well during the interview with second MD?
Original post by magnum206
don't know, could have meant, reviewed but no yet selected (or rejected)

I got the same status.

I think it means dinged :frown:
Anyone heard back from JP Morgan for IB Risk?
Reply 3898
Original post by mysongbook
Anyone heard back from JP Morgan for IB Risk?

I have my interview with them on monday but this is for Full time.
Original post by FinLuv
I have my interview with them on monday but this is for Full time.

Good luck!

Do you happen to JP Morgan's recruitment email that I can write to regarding my application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending