The Student Room Group

Civil Service Graduate Fast Stream 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by sunburnt_note
Without intending to start a panic or constant refreshing of email/application progress pages, I thought I should mention that I met someone today who has already heard about their result for the GFS etray. I was slightly bemused as no one on here seems to have heard, but I asked her to repeat it several times (which was slightly embarrassing since she hadn't had a positive result!). I think I will just ring them tomorrow morning and ask whether the initial pass marks have been set.

Sorry I thought I included the quote in the previous post..

Did you happen to speak to anyone regarding this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 561
Quick query about what to bring to the E-tray, sorry its mundane...

Do we need to bring a passport as well as documentation with our national insurance number on? Or do we just need national insurance documentation if we don't have a passport?

I did E-mail the fast stream but I don't think they quite understood my question as she just replied please bring passport haha!
Reply 562
Original post by Dems1973
Quick query about what to bring to the E-tray, sorry its mundane...

Do we need to bring a passport as well as documentation with our national insurance number on? Or do we just need national insurance documentation if we don't have a passport?

I did E-mail the fast stream but I don't think they quite understood my question as she just replied please bring passport haha!

"Please bring the following items with you to the event:
3. Your passport. If you do not have a passport, please bring another document that bears your photograph, name and address, and also a document that bears your Name and National Insurance Number (NI No)."

My understanding of that is that all you need is a passport if you have one.
Reply 563
I don't have a passport so last year I took my driving license and National Insurance card.
Reply 564
Original post by Bezzler
"Please bring the following items with you to the event:
3. Your passport. If you do not have a passport, please bring another document that bears your photograph, name and address, and also a document that bears your Name and National Insurance Number (NI No)."

My understanding of that is that all you need is a passport if you have one.

That's how I read it too. Just wanted to make sure, I'm such a stresspot over things like that haha! Thank youu
Original post by aclark22
Sorry I thought I included the quote in the previous post..

Did you happen to speak to anyone regarding this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I did; the woman was not at all informed! It seemed to be the case that they hadn't set the etray marks yet (so I don't know if the candidate I was talking to was mistaken or what), but all the lady could tell me was that the marks would be set 'later in December'. Hmmm.
Reply 566
Original post by sunburnt_note
Yes I did; the woman was not at all informed! It seemed to be the case that they hadn't set the etray marks yet (so I don't know if the candidate I was talking to was mistaken or what), but all the lady could tell me was that the marks would be set 'later in December'. Hmmm.

I see. Well thanks for letting me know nonetheless! I have a friend who applied for social research stream and has already found out that she was unsucessful so I find it very strange that they 'haven't set a pass mark'

Hmm....good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe they have only set the mark for 'unsucessful'?
Reply 568
Could anyone answer the following.

Which dates are available to choose for the E-tray Assessment?
Reply 569
Original post by Thorin100
Could anyone answer the following.

Which dates are available to choose for the E-tray Assessment?

We can't answer that. I've seen people with a range of dates, they'll give you a date and you can change it if you need to. They go until the middle of January.
I have yet to do the selection tests and my deadline to do them is tomorrow, but I feel as if need mire numerical prep.

If I do the vr tomorrow, woukd I have to do the other tests immediately or is there a week gap ?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nasher and Basher
I have yet to do the selection tests and my deadline to do them is tomorrow, but I feel as if need mire numerical prep.

If I do the vr tomorrow, woukd I have to do the other tests immediately or is there a week gap ?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm afraid you have to complete all the tests by the time specified (which in your case I think must be 23:59 tomorrow). Don't worry too much about the numerical - most people think the actual thing is easier than the practice. I scored 10/15 in the practice last year and 11/15 this year and passed straight away in the actual thing.

I'd recommend doing a few practice tests tomorrow morning if you're a bit worried - I find it helps to 'warm your brain up'! Good luck!
Reply 572
Original post by Nasher and Basher

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I did mine, I was expecting to have to do them all in one go (because it was the day of the deadline) but after the verbal reasoning I think my deadline for the numerical reasoning extended by a day. However, it is possible that I was being slightly dumb at that point and that the whole thing was actually due the day after and I'd just got confused.
Original post by Bezzler
When I did mine, I was expecting to have to do them all in one go (because it was the day of the deadline) but after the verbal reasoning I think my deadline for the numerical reasoning extended by a day. However, it is possible that I was being slightly dumb at that point and that the whole thing was actually due the day after and I'd just got confused.

Just done and yep it got extended by a day
Reply 574
A few quick questions:

Has anyone booked an E-Tray assessment with a February date?

Also I've read that we would not be allowed to use our personal calculators. Firstly, is this true? If it is true does anyone know which calculator they will provide the candidates with.
Reply 575
Original post by Thorin100
A few quick questions:

Has anyone booked an E-Tray assessment with a February date?

Also I've read that we would not be allowed to use our personal calculators. Firstly, is this true? If it is true does anyone know which calculator they will provide the candidates with.

You don't book your e-tray, they allocate a time/date to you based on the location(s) you have requested. You do have to confirm it though so if it is unsuitable you can rearrange it.

Last year it was just a basic calculator, not a scientific one. The numerical test is the same standard as the one you complete on-line so there is no need for anything more advanced.
Reply 576
Has anyone been invited to an e-tray event in EDINBURGH? If so, when? :smile: I was invited to one in mid January but I wouldn't be able to make it as I have an exam that day and was told the next one wasn't until the 8th February. It's not the most convenient date as I'm back at uni then and fares are a lot more expensive on a Friday. I would be grateful to hear from any Scottish fast streamers about their e-tray test dates..
Reply 577
Original post by cococ
Has anyone been invited to an e-tray event in EDINBURGH? If so, when? :smile: I was invited to one in mid January but I wouldn't be able to make it as I have an exam that day and was told the next one wasn't until the 8th February. It's not the most convenient date as I'm back at uni then and fares are a lot more expensive on a Friday. I would be grateful to hear from any Scottish fast streamers about their e-tray test dates..

I've been invited to an e-tray event in Edinburgh on the 16th January, presumably that's the same one that you were invited to.
Hey,

I've been invited to the FSAC, after completing the social research assessment centre.

As I have already been to a assessment centre already, is the process any different for those on the analyitical streams?

I have been searching some threads and have come up with a few points of how to prepare. However, has anyone found any useful threads on here for the FSAC?

Thanks.
Reply 579
Anybody else not able to access the practice e-tray excercise on the fast stream website?

Have my e-tray tomorrow and left the tests until now purposely so it was fresh in my mind and now can't access it! It let me do the verbal and numerical practice test but won't let me access the e-tray :s-smilie:

Anyone help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending