The Student Room Group

How to reply to visitor message?

Hi,

When someone leaves a visitor message (not a pm) on your profile screen is there a way to reply (like a reply button perhaps, or something similar)? Or do I just go visit their profile to leave a message?

Thanks in advance for your response.

:smile:
Reply 1
If you click "View Conversation" to the right you can post a reply there. Or you can do as you said, and just post a message to their profile instead. :smile:
Thank you!!!
Hi

I've tried looking under "view conversation", but I don't see any option to reply. I don't see any way to reply on other peoples wall either.
Original post by incipientT
Hi

I've tried looking under "view conversation", but I don't see any option to reply. I don't see any way to reply on other peoples wall either.

Some people have disabled their wall for comments (like me), so you might have to pop them a private message instead :smile:
Original post by EierVonSatan
Some people have disabled their wall for comments (like me), so you might have to pop them a private message instead :smile:

I'm not sure this is it. visitor message is listed in their contact info and it seems this way for every wall I've seen so far.
I'm not sure this is it. visitor message is listed in their contact info and it seems this way for every wall I've seen so far.

Ah ok, I think there has been a recent change where very new members can't post VMs (since we get a lot of spam accounts making use of the feature).
Original post by EierVonSatan
Ah ok, I think there has been a recent change where very new members can't post VMs (since we get a lot of spam accounts making use of the feature).

So how long will it be? Thanks for clearing this up for me!:smile:
So how long will it be? Thanks for clearing this up for me!:smile:

Not too long :smile: Just use private messages for now, instead :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending