The Student Room Group

Android OS Discussion v2.0

Scroll to see replies

Android 4.1.2 available on the unlocked and vodafone S3's...
Wow this review is soo biased [video="youtube;uF5noq4vZbo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF5noq4vZbo[/video]
i am so pickkkyyyyyy
Reply 423
Just downloaded the Google Play Music app on my phone. How the devil do I upload songs that are stored on my phone to the cloud. Pretty much my entire library is only on the SD card in my phone and I was hoping to back it up.
Original post by RtGOAT
Just downloaded the Google Play Music app on my phone. How the devil do I upload songs that are stored on my phone to the cloud. Pretty much my entire library is only on the SD card in my phone and I was hoping to back it up.

I'm pretty sure you can't upload it from the Android app. You have to install Google music manager on your computer and upload them that way :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 425
Original post by wizard710
I'm pretty sure you can't upload it from the Android app. You have to install Google music manager on your computer and upload them that way :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. I feared that may be the case.

Seems silly but oh well.
Reply 426
Original post by RtGOAT
Thanks. I feared that may be the case.

Seems silly but oh well.

The reason is because your computer is generally where the music is stored and then you only need to access it on dummy devices such as phones tablets etc.

Also as newer phones don't often have a micro sd card slot it is a life saver for saving space and listening to music!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally got the Jellybean update a few hours ago. About time as well!
Nexus 4 is brilliant. Really fast. Great price too.
Has my Ingress invite. Hell yeah :smile:
Original post by G8D
Still haven't bothered to play Ingress.

I briefly tried it. Quite odd and not very fun to play IMO. Didn't really give it much chance, though.
Pretty good discounts going on. Think I'll help myself to a few games. :colone:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/comprehensive-list-play-store-holiday-deals-sales-play-store-0-61-1422158
(scroll down for direct links)
I have no idea about all these Gingerbreads and Jelly Beans but there are some cheap games as listed above and I was wondering if GTA3 and Max Payne will work on my Samsung Galaxy S2?

Seen some reviews where a lot of users just can't get them to work :beard:
Original post by Colbert
I have no idea about all these Gingerbreads and Jelly Beans but there are some cheap games as listed above and I was wondering if GTA3 and Max Payne will work on my Samsung Galaxy S2?

Seen some reviews where a lot of users just can't get them to work :beard:

Should be fine. If not, just get a refund within 15 mins. I tell you now though, GTA is awful unless you use a control pad. Shooting is a nightmare. The driving is quite nice though.
Discounts on massive games + 16GB N4 with no SD card slot = not good.
Original post by mikeyd85
Should be fine. If not, just get a refund within 15 mins. I tell you now though, GTA is awful unless you use a control pad. Shooting is a nightmare. The driving is quite nice though.

Actually GTA is pretty fun on my nexus.
Original post by coconut2456
Discounts on massive games + 16GB N4 with no SD card slot = not good.

I feel your pain. :frown:
Reply 437
GTA3 should defo work, i would assume max payne does too. The S2 is pretty much up there for compatibility isnt it?
Couple of thoughts. How does whatsapp work? I'm getting a nexus 7 tomorrow and I would like to use it via there with the WiFi signal but I'm not sure if you're able to do that or not. I also had thought of hooking up a PS3 controller but I forgot what I was going to ask. Probably if it is worth it?
Original post by alexs2602
Couple of thoughts. How does whatsapp work? I'm getting a nexus 7 tomorrow and I would like to use it via there with the WiFi signal but I'm not sure if you're able to do that or not. I also had thought of hooking up a PS3 controller but I forgot what I was going to ask. Probably if it is worth it?

Whatsapp requires a phone number. You can use a ps3 controller but you must root your device first.

EDIT: http://androidforums.com/nexus-7/621298-guide-whatsapp-messenger-nexus-7-without-root-updated-12-02-12-a.html

Quick Reply

Latest