The Student Room Group

Greggs festive bake :) anyone know how to make it?

Hello :smile:

As the title asks does anyone know how to make it?

I want to give my family one each tonight when we have our very mini Boxing Day dinner but I haven't got the money to go out and buy 13 xD

I know it's all done in a lattice pastry with pieces of chicken, bacon, stuffing and the sauce tastes like it's made with sage, cranberry and I think a red onion relish?

Thank you and hope you enjoyed your Christmas :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
I've no idea of the actual recipe, but it tastes like it's basically a Christmas dinner blended up, then put inside pastry and crisped in the oven. Assuming you have leftovers from yesterday, you might as well just use what you've got there.
Reply 2
Original post by Cerdog
I've no idea of the actual recipe, but it tastes like it's basically a Christmas dinner blended up, then put inside pastry and crisped in the oven. Assuming you have leftovers from yesterday, you might as well just use what you've got there.

That why I love it ^^ but my family keeps refusing to accept that it actually tastes like Christmas dinner so I want to prove them wrong :P
Unfortunately my family ate the entire lot (apart from the Brussel sprouts) :frown:

I'm guessing rather than a white sauce like with chicken bakes you'd use a sage sauce? Then go on from there, I'm not sure if I want to risk it or not though xD

Reply 3
Original post by CarryOn123

I want to give my family one each tonight when we have our very mini Boxing Day dinner but I haven't got the money to go out and buy 13 xD

I know it's all done in a lattice pastry with pieces of chicken, bacon, stuffing and the sauce tastes like it's made with sage, cranberry and I think a red onion relish?

"Lattice pastry filled with tender pieces of chicken, stuffing & sweetcure bacon in a creamy sage sauce with cranberry pieces & red onion relish."
Reply 4
Original post by tehforum
"Lattice pastry filled with tender pieces of chicken, stuffing & sweetcure bacon in a creamy sage sauce with cranberry pieces & red onion relish."

Is this the actual filling?

Reply 5

I found this recipe for a Christmas dinner pie, maybe go by that and just adapt the ingredients to make it more similar to a festive bake?
Reply 6
Original post by ameritus
I found this recipe for a Christmas dinner pie, maybe go by that and just adapt the ingredients to make it more similar to a festive bake?

That's a good idea! Thanks, I feel a bit stupid for not looking properly now xD

Reply 7
That's a good idea! Thanks, I feel a bit stupid for not looking properly now xD

No worries, hope your family like whatever it is you end up with! Maybe put up a picture when it's done so we can gawp at your handiwork :p:
Reply 8
Original post by ameritus
No worries, hope your family like whatever it is you end up with! Maybe put up a picture when it's done so we can gawp at your handiwork :p:

Ahaha thanks and I will ^^
I'll hopefully have something worked out by the time the shops close xD

Ahaha thanks and I will ^^
I'll hopefully have something worked out by the time the shops close xD

How did it go? Which recipe did you use in the end?
Reply 10
Original post by PhoenixFortune
How did it go? Which recipe did you use in the end?

I didn't get to make it :frown: the shops around my area closed a hell of a lot earlier than I thought, last year they were open till 6/7 but most of them closed at 4 this year O.o

I'm going to try it later on probably next week when I go back to uni and bored :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad Ap

Quick Reply

Latest