The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3440
Original post by Elm Tree
He did fail Arthur:frown:

Not really, Morgana finding them wasn't the reason Arthur died. Either way, it wasn't really Gwaine's fault.
Merlin was an average show made great by the bromance of Arthur and Merlin that lit up the screen.
Reply 3442
Original post by foreverstrong_97
5 series so thats 5 years and then there's the 3 year gap between series 4 and 5. So its 8 years :smile:
8 years Merlin and Arthur knew each other and then he died :'( WHY??!?!! :emo:

But weren't the earlier series set back to back? I knwo ther was supposed to be about 18 months between 3 and 4, then 3 years between 4 and 5.

Also you might want to check your maths :tongue: 1-2= 1 year, 2-3=1 year, 3-4=i year, 4-5=3 years. = 6 years :biggrin:
Original post by Alix23
But weren't the earlier series set back to back? I knwo ther was supposed to be about 18 months between 3 and 4, then 3 years between 4 and 5.

Also you might want to check your maths :tongue: 1-2= 1 year, 2-3=1 year, 3-4=i year, 4-5=3 years. = 6 years :biggrin:

Oh yeah sorry :colondollar: I must have added the 1st year and last as well :colondollar: When they dont exist, they dont exist....:emo:
Original post by Alix23
Here is the list of all the people that died in Merlin. Help me find people I've missed out, and order them from first to last properly :smile:

Lady Helen of Mora
Mary Collins
Valiant
Aulfric
Sophia
Edwin Muirden
William
Tom
Ewan
Tauren
Sir Owain
Sir Pellinor

Myror
Aglain
Aredian the Witchfinder
Freya or The Lady of the Lake
Balinor

Cenred

Morguase
Julius Borden
Uther Pendragon
Agravaine
Isolde

Elyan
Ruadan
Alator
Mordred
Gwaine
Morgana
Arthur Pendragon

how about lancelot?
Original post by Raiden10
Merlin was an average show made great by the bromance of Arthur and Merlin that lit up the screen.

I agree with the Bromance :wink: But average?? No Merlin was the best!! :biggrin:
Original post by Alix23
Not really, Morgana finding them wasn't the reason Arthur died. Either way, it wasn't really Gwaine's fault.

If Merlin didn't waste time killing Morgana he could have got Arthur to the lake in time
Reply 3447
Original post by LookIt'sPete
how about lancelot?

Thanks, I can't believe I missed the most obvious ones!

If Merlin didn't waste time killing Morgana he could have got Arthur to the lake in time

He couldn't have been saved, whatever Merlin and Gaius had hoped. He was destined to die at Mordred's hand and to sleep/not be alive for a very long time :biggrin:
Original post by Alix23

He couldn't have been saved, whatever Merlin and Gaius had hoped. He was destined to die at Mordred's hand and to sleep/not be alive for a very long time :biggrin:

Darn destiny:mad:

Could Merlin have killed Mordred when he was one of Arthur's knights? I would have done that...
Reply 3449
Darn destiny:mad:

Could Merlin have killed Mordred when he was one of Arthur's knights? I would have done that...

He sort of tried to at times, but couldn't bring himself to do it when Mordred hadn't done anything wrong :frown:
Reply 3450
I know a lot of people on here didn't like it, but I actually enjoyed the final episode. People have said Merlin should've called the dragon sooner, but if he had then he wouldn't have had all the touching moments with Arthur on their journey. As sad as it was, Arthur had to die - if he'd beaten destiny it would've ruined all the other times that destiny has been important in the show.
Loved the truck at the end - completely unexpected!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3451
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
:lolwut:

I really didn't like it.... :sad:

The lorry thing can be viewed in the following ways:

- Merlin is still alive over a thousand years later, and Arthur still hasn't come back to life.
- Arthur came back to life at some point, brought about Albion, and Merlin is still around
- Arthur is never coming back
- Arthur will one day come back in the modern world and sort out the global economic crisis
- As part of the extended gay metaphor, and Merlin is now close to Albion where Magic/Gay people can be accepted :colonhash:

Whatever the case, it was like Frodo finding a gun on the way to Mordor for me. Just completely ruined the safe little fantasy world I had going on for Merlin.

Lool. Completely agree..
But apparently "Emrys" meant immortal in Welsh..so I'm kinda sticking with that one :P

Personally I'd have been happy with Arthur being cures by the dragon, then dying because it drained him of his magic..
Arthur and Merlin skipping back to Camelot, Arthur enforcing a law that allows magic to be practiced freely and the last scene being Merlin being knighted!!

Well I'm my head that's what happened anyway! :smile:
Original post by Amyy496
Lool. Completely agree..
But apparently "Emrys" meant immortal in Welsh..so I'm kinda sticking with that one :P

Personally I'd have been happy with Arthur being cures by the dragon, then dying because it drained him of his magic..
Arthur and Merlin skipping back to Camelot, Arthur enforcing a law that allows magic to be practiced freely and the last scene being Merlin being knighted!!

Well I'm my head that's what happened anyway! :smile:

I made up my own episode that I'm choosing to remember too :biggrin:

The most important scene of which was Merlin tells Arthur about his magic... And Arthur's line is:

Arthur:" I've always known Merlin. Did you think I was an idiot?"

Would have just suited his character perfectly in my opinion :h:
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
I made up my own episode that I'm choosing to remember too :biggrin:

The most important scene of which was Merlin tells Arthur about his magic... And Arthur's line is:

Arthur:" I've always known Merlin. Did you think I was an idiot?"

Would have just suited his character perfectly in my opinion :h:

HAHA, I've always thought he knew secretly that he had magic. Odd how he never questions the amount of time Merlin has saved him
Reply 3454
What really makes me sad is the thought of Gauis waiting for Merlin with his favourite meal. :'(
Original post by Alix23
It is in Merlin, but I've read a few versions of the legend since then and all have the Lady of the Lake, Nimue, as a different person to the one who gave and took excalibur back. Also excalibur wasn't the sword in the stone :smile:

I'm going to do a final episode sort of tribute thing on youtube to The Call, could someone point me in the right direction for finding help of how to do editing and stuff like that for beginners? I've never tried it before but I'd love to have a go :smile:

I can give you some editing tips :smile:. Do you have an editing programme in mind?
When the lorry went across the screen I was like :lolwut: and then realised :tongue:

:ninja:

Posted from the TSR Android app
Original post by foreverstrong_97
5 series so thats 5 years and then there's the 3 year gap between series 4 and 5. So its 8 years :smile:
8 years Merlin and Arthur knew each other and then he died :'( WHY??!?!! :emo:

There were two 1 year gaps as well between 2+3 and 3+4 so it's more like 10 years if that makes you feel any better :p:.
Reply 3458
Original post by codle
I know a lot of people on here didn't like it, but I actually enjoyed the final episode. People have said Merlin should've called the dragon sooner, but if he had then he wouldn't have had all the touching moments with Arthur on their journey. As sad as it was, Arthur had to die - if he'd beaten destiny it would've ruined all the other times that destiny has been important in the show.
Loved the truck at the end - completely unexpected!

I liked the modern ending, but it would have been fun to hear a line from age-old Emrys before the closing credits, he could have bumped into a passing cyclist and said "nice things those peddling machines" or some such.

Actually I think the scriptwriters cribbed the end from the excellent TV miniseries "Merlin" with Sam Neill and Helena Bonham-Carter that had almost exactly the same formula with the ancient Merlin stepping out from a modern village pub as the closing scene, after a bitter-sweet parting with an old enemy goblin from the Morgana days, now turned into an ordinary chap.
Reply 3459
Original post by Alix23
I think it is just one of the rumoured places, but the modern adaptations of the legend all base Avalon on it :smile:

It was nice the way they made the modern Tor look as if it had water all around it, as in the legends - but then perhaps it does right now, I haven't seen it this winter!

Latest