The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CB91
De Gea wouldn't be very high on Barca's list at all tbh. He would cost too much and is shaky at best.

Id gladly have De Gea but i doubt United would sell to us. Ter Stegen, Guieta.
Reply 1181
Original post by CB91
We should raid Arsenal again for Chesney. :teeth:

I'd like to see Courtois or Ter Stegen.

Not sure Szczesny would fit in very well at Barca. His biggest weakness is his distribution, while the same seemed to be Valdes' biggest asset and was used to pretty good effect in Barca's system. :dontknow:
Original post by Malevolent
Id gladly have De Gea but i doubt United would sell to us. Ter Stegen, Guieta.

Why guaita over diego alves btw? Isn't he the backup keeper for valencia?
Original post by Abiraleft
Not sure Szczesny would fit in very well at Barca. His biggest weakness is his distribution, while the same seemed to be Valdes' biggest asset and was used to pretty good effect in Barca's system. :dontknow:

While we're at it, we should take Cazorla as well. :teeth:

Seriously, I think we'll either let Valdes' contract run down and buy someone in 2014 or get Courtois/Ter Stegen. I can't really see anyone else that would be an instant fit.
Original post by CB91
While we're at it, we should take Cazorla as well. :teeth:

Seriously, I think we'll either let Valdes' contract run down and buy someone in 2014 or get Courtois/Ter Stegen. I can't really see anyone else that would be an instant fit.

Petr cech maybe?
We're trying to get rid of all the old players so I'm guessing we're going to lose cech in 2014 while we're at it. We'll try harder to keep courtois and just get rid of cech.
Original post by jam277
Why guaita over diego alves btw? Isn't he the backup keeper for valencia?

I think Guaita is the better prospect but Alves wouldn't be a bad buy either.
I think Guaita is the better prospect but Alves wouldn't be a bad buy either.

I remember alves vs chelsea and vs barcelona and he was just a boss, haven't seen much of guaita though. Would like him to stay at valencia since he's a youth product and all though.

Is alves brazils no.1 keeper or is it still cesar?
Original post by jam277
I remember alves vs chelsea and vs barcelona and he was just a boss, haven't seen much of guaita though. Would like him to stay at valencia since he's a youth product and all though.

Is alves brazils no.1 keeper or is it still cesar?

Not sure for some reason i have an idea that the first choice keeper was someone from the Brazil league since the manager prefers players in the Brazilian league. I don't mind who Barcelona get as long as their not prone to mental screw ups like Valdes is.
Not sure for some reason i have an idea that the first choice keeper was someone from the Brazil league since the manager prefers players in the Brazilian league. I don't mind who Barcelona get as long as their not prone to mental screw ups like Valdes is.

It's probably Jefferson then, he played in the Olympics. Don't see why he's using the Brazil players.

Great if it works out as it'll strengthen the calibre of the Brazilian leagues but I can see Brazil flopping. I don't like how It's Europe or nothing in football today. Seeing how south America do and african teams like Ghana and ivory coast have very good teams too. Would like there to be a bit more parity between league quality in other continents.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know why Barca should get De Gea, very over-rated.

Guaita is better and would cost less too.

Guaita will be the Spanish Number 1 once Casillas dips in his peak, imo.

He's good at his feet and his aerial game/commanding of the penalty area is significantly better than De Gea.

He also can pull off wonderous saves (see Real Madrid game)
Original post by jam277
It's probably Jefferson then, he played in the Olympics. Don't see why he's using the Brazil players.

Great if it works out as it'll strengthen the calibre of the Brazilian leagues but I can see Brazil flopping. I don't like how It's Europe or nothing in football today. Seeing how south America do and african teams like Ghana and ivory coast have very good teams too. Would like there to be a bit more parity between league quality in other continents.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's Alves, i came across a few of their games on TV and i think i recall seeing him...
:frown: :sigh: No...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
So no undefeated season for Barca then lol.
****ing joke defending. Conceding a goal in the 90th minute 2 games in a row. Sort it the **** out.

Here's a ****ing plan: play to whistle and don't start appealing for offside before the ****ing ball is in the net.
Why did Puyol not pass the ball to Valdes instead of putting it out for the throw?
Christ what did i miss? I go out to have a frolic in the snow and come back to this . Whut the hell QQ

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i
Original post by CB91
****ing joke defending. Conceding a goal in the 90th minute 2 games in a row. Sort it the **** out.

Here's a ****ing plan: play to whistle and don't start appealing for offside before the ****ing ball is in the net.

Going to lose 4 matches this season. Said it here first.
Original post by jam277
Going to lose 4 matches this season. Said it here first.

Yes you did. :teehee:

I've calmed down now, but we seriously need a CB. Without Pique we look ridiculously weak at the back atm.
Only just found out the result. Get in! I've got a soft spot for Real Sociedad ever since they nearly won the league about 10 years ago.
Original post by TheMagicRat
Only just found out the result. Get in! I've got a soft spot for Real Sociedad ever since they nearly won the league about 10 years ago.

Sociedad are my favourite team in the league(real madrid can **** off and get relegated when mourinho leaves :colonhash:)
Sociedad are having a good season and bilbao are doing poor. Makes up for reals failure in the league. Had a pretty strong team in the 80s, along with bilbao.

Hopefully sociedad get a european spot this season. I like inigo martinez, also think that ruben pardo and griezmann will turn into quality players. Think they're a team with potential with those 3 players there. Also hoping for an alonso arteta comeback now they've made it on the big stage :moon: One can dream though.

Latest