The Student Room Group

Spent my whole youth on the computer...

I turn 18 soon and since the age of 11 I have been going to school then coming home and spending the whole time in the computer, even eating all my meals in front if it.

I now feel so regretful and annoyed at myself. Any advice?

Scroll to see replies

There's no way to change the past, just move on and spend less time on the computer.
Try regain some CTRL! Good luck :wink:
Reply 3
Advice for what? You can't change the past. If you're so regretful, get off the computer and move on with your life!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I turn 18 soon and since the age of 11 I have been going to school then coming home and spending the whole time in the computer, even eating all my meals in front if it.

Hi, as I'm a mature student many years older than you (but not that old!), I found this post interesting.

When I was growing up we had computers: Spectrum, Amiga, then came gameboy, Nintendo in my teenage years... however no internet until I was 18?

So yeah, I think if I was your age I would have spent my youth on computer all the time too.

But lately, I'm tired of computers too, although I still spend far too much time on them.
Reply 5
Calm down, breath slowly and clear some SPACE in your head.

EDIT: :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Dont regret it, you must of went on there for fun and if you had fun thats the most important thing. If you wanna change then limit yourself.
Yeah it sounds like you don't watch enough TV or xbox, manage your time a bit better in future.
Have you tried turning it off and turning it on again?
Lol don't spend your time looking back on the past with regret. Look forwards to a better future.

I spent a large part of my teenage years sitting in front of a computer screen, or playing video games. But so what? I left school with top A-Levels, am now at a top university, set to get at least a 2:1, have a beautiful girlfriend who I love with all my heart and who I intend to marry after we graduate.

Do I wish I'd spent less time staring at a screen? Yeah, maybe. But it wasn't all bad - playing on Xbox all the time with all my friends from school when I was about 15/16 - those were good times, as was playing Runescape when I was about 12/13/14.

Lifes too short to have regrets. You haven't done anything wrong, and even if you had, Jesus died for our sins so there's nothing to worry about.
Lol don't spend your time looking back on the past with regret. Look forwards to a better future.

I spent a large part of my teenage years sitting in front of a computer screen, or playing video games. But so what? I left school with top A-Levels, am now at a top university, set to get at least a 2:1, have a beautiful girlfriend who I love with all my heart and who I intend to marry after we graduate.

Do I wish I'd spent less time staring at a screen? Yeah, maybe. But it wasn't all bad - playing on Xbox all the time with all my friends from school when I was about 15/16 - those were good times, as was playing Runescape when I was about 12/13/14.

Lifes too short to have regrets. You haven't done anything wrong, and even if you had, Jesus died for our sins so there's nothing to worry about.

Would have negged for this but PRSOM.
Reply 11
Actually, in my youth I did enjoy playing with what were even then considered slightly old fashioned toys and games - hornby trains, scalextric, board games and so on.

I even bought a train set last week and have found it very enjoyable to 'fiddle' with something more hands on like that; might even learn some DIY skills in the meantime.

I don't know if you ever watched the James May Toy Story programmes (still on youtube); I think it showed that there is still great value in mechanno, lego, hornby etc.
Reply 12
It's not too late to ALTer your lifestyle.

ESCape while you can!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13

Amen
Be thankful you've realised this at 18, not 80.

You have your whole life ahead of you - take it as a lesson and get out there. :smile:

(P.s. Your 'youth' will last a while yet, it's when you're 35 that you start getting worried.)
become an IT guy
Reply 16

When you're 18 you'll never quite believe how young you are and how much time there is ahead of you.

I was 30 when I learnt to ski ! And I absolutely love it. Do I have regrets I didn't do it sooner? Maybe a little BUT it came along in my life at such a beautiful time so I can't complain.
Reply 17
Original post by ummm
It's not too late to ALTer your lifestyle.

Damn I was totally gonna say that! :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
DELETE all the old memories, you can't aF4rd to be wasting time sitting in front of a computer all the time. I'm guessing you had a crap diet too? Many big MACS and not enough APPLES.. Hmmm

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
All these computer puns are terrible. The only good one was the original.

Quick Reply

Latest