The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2013 hopefuls! (again, early...)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5300
Got a letter today from Nottingham about application transfer, anyone else get it?
The areas they said i could transfer to were biosciences, chemistry, natural sciences or biochem. Are yours the same?
Original post by Kittys
Got a letter today from Nottingham about application transfer, anyone else get it?
The areas they said i could transfer to were biosciences, chemistry, natural sciences or biochem. Are yours the same?

I had that yesterday, I've gone for Animal Science as it won't do any harm to have a second back up course, even if I probably don't take it! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kittys

Yeah, I got it yesterday and I got it last year.

My friend also got it last year, he applied for Medicine.
Original post by matty9694
Yeah, I got it yesterday and I got it last year.

My friend also got it last year, he applied for Medicine.

You can do that?? How'd it work out for him? :smile:
Could anyone tell me anything about the RVC interviews. I have one on the 26th February and starting to get a bit nervous! :s-smilie:
Reply 5305
Original post by zoe222
I reckon everyone found them hard! The interviewer even said it wasn't explained too well :tongue:. I've got notts and rvc interviews but haven't heard from Bristol :smile:. I'm sure if you felt it went well it did! I've heard of people who say their interview went terribly and they got an offer :smile: where else did you apply? Good luck!

Ahh, I never got a Notts interview but the feedback I got from RVC upon rejection was that barring my ridiculous amount of A-Level resits I would have got an interview, but they had to make a decision on who to interview somehow I guess!
Bristol have rejected me straight away both times I've applied with dubious/unhelpful reasons. Like "write about more extra curricular activities you did in school" - well I never did any, can't change that now! -.-
Anyhow musn't grumble, Liverpool has always been my preference anyway!
Good luck in your interviews! Try not to get a place at Liverpool if Notts or RVC offer you a place! :wink: (I jest) :smile:
Best of luck! X
Reply 5306
Original post by Kittys

I got exactly the same letter last year when they rejected me post-questionnaire. I think everyone gets one - still, I think it's a nice gesture.
Original post by ATommo11
I got exactly the same letter last year when they rejected me post-questionnaire. I think everyone gets one - still, I think it's a nice gesture.

I agree is like there saying sorry you got rejected but your still a good applicant it definitely softens the blow of a rejection :smile:
Original post by redcider5
You can do that?? How'd it work out for him? :smile:

Oh no. I meant that he originally applied for Medicine but got rejected and he got the same letter as I did. :smile:
Never before have my feet hurt so much, getting 6 blisters in like 10 minutes must be a record :smile: This is why I don't wear heels
Has anyone read this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21236690
I wsa like I knew cats where evil :tongue:
Reply 5311
Original post by beccac94
Never before have my feet hurt so much, getting 6 blisters in like 10 minutes must be a record :smile: This is why I don't wear heels

How was the interview?
Original post by _Mollie_
How was the interview?

I think it went quite well just one station was a bit horrible but other people have moaned about it as well and the other candidates said whilst I was there it was horrible so hopefully if they just ignore that then I'll be okay
Reply 5313
I think it went quite well just one station was a bit horrible but other people have moaned about it as well and the other candidates said whilst I was there it was horrible so hopefully if they just ignore that then I'll be okay

Im sure you did fine!
Im having a mental guess at what the horible station was, havent had my interview yet, but last year many people moaned about the same station I believe!
Could I be a pain and ask where the interview was? Was it in a building opposite where they were last year? Starting to panic a bit as ive no idea where it is and didnt really understand the map they sent me :colondollar:
Original post by emmah629
Im sure you did fine!
Im having a mental guess at what the horible station was, havent had my interview yet, but last year many people moaned about the same station I believe!
Could I be a pain and ask where the interview was? Was it in a building opposite where they were last year? Starting to panic a bit as ive no idea where it is and didnt really understand the map they sent me :colondollar:

It its sort of next to the building opposite in the big massive red buildings that are quite old. Its opposite subway and a tesco express and its like inbetween where the old vet school was the catholic cathedral :smile: If you google maps brownlow hill you'll see the red building I'm talking about and if you zoom in you can see where it says the thomas yates building :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Was anyone in the 10 or 11 interview group at liverpool this morning? :smile:
Got an interview for RVC 13th February :biggrin:
Original post by skatealexia
Was anyone in the 10 or 11 interview group at liverpool this morning? :smile:

I was at 11 :smile:
Reply 5318
It its sort of next to the building opposite in the big massive red buildings that are quite old. Its opposite subway and a tesco express and its like inbetween where the old vet school was the catholic cathedral :smile: If you google maps brownlow hill you'll see the red building I'm talking about and if you zoom in you can see where it says the thomas yates building :smile:

I know where subway is! :tongue:
Im going up the day before, so shall have a look then, thank you :smile:
Original post by emmah629
I know where subway is! :tongue:
Im going up the day before, so shall have a look then, thank you :smile:

Hahaha I know where all the subways are in liverpool cause I'm a little fatty like that and love my meatball subs :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending