Warwick Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
Is anyone going to Warwick on the 13th of Feb? :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by KiiMoZz
Is STEP mandatory in the offer for MMaths ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's in the standard offer for all courses offered by the mathematics department. (Not necessarily all courses which contain maths)

"This offer is subject to you obtaining:

grade A* at A Level in Maths, and EITHER grade A* at A Level

in Further Maths, grade A at A Level in one other subject

and grade 2 in any STEP/Distinction in Maths AEA, OR grade A

in Further Maths at A Level and grade A in one other subject

at A Level and grade 1 in any STEP paper. This offer

excludes General Studies and Critical Thinking"

Another requirement is to be able to decipher their text formatting :smile:
Reply 1522
Original post by Kurak
It's in the standard offer for all courses offered by the mathematics department. (Not necessarily all courses which contain maths)

"This offer is subject to you obtaining:

grade A* at A Level in Maths, and EITHER grade A* at A Level

in Further Maths, grade A at A Level in one other subject

and grade 2 in any STEP/Distinction in Maths AEA, OR grade A

in Further Maths at A Level and grade A in one other subject

at A Level and grade 1 in any STEP paper. This offer

excludes General Studies and Critical Thinking"

Another requirement is to be able to decipher their text formatting :smile:

Oh ok! I was just wondering because for MORSE it's
A*AA with the A* in Maths and an A in Further maths
OR
AAA with an A in Maths and any subjects for the other two plus a 2/merit in any STEP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KiiMoZz
Oh ok! I was just wondering because for MORSE it's
A*AA with the A* in Maths and an A in Further maths
OR
AAA with an A in Maths and any subjects for the other two plus a 2/merit in any STEP

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's because it is offered by the statistics department (I think), therefore has a different standard offer :smile:
Original post by lifeisgood.
Just got an offer for PPE! 38 points in IB, no further stipulations! I was expecting an LSE rejection when I got the UCAS update email...but pleasant surprise :smile:

Good luck to everyone else!

hey,
I've applied for PPE as well, but I haven't received any answer yet and i'm waiting impatiently... what predicted grades did you have and when did you send your application?
Original post by Kurak
Has anyone applied for a STEP support day? How much did you write for the personal statement?

I would highly recommend people applying for these if they don't get much STEP support, not only does it help you with STEP, but it lets you see a little more of the maths department. Also they are very useful.
Original post by lifeisgood.
Just got an offer for PPE! 38 points in IB, no further stipulations! I was expecting an LSE rejection when I got the UCAS update email...but pleasant surprise :smile:

Good luck to everyone else!

Lucky you, i am still waiting for them. Can i ask when you submitted your ucas, also what were your predicted grades? Thanks!
Reply 1527
Original post by Kurak
Mathematics MMath (but I may switch to a BSc, both have a standard offer) :smile:

EDIT: Just got an e-mail saying I got a place! Can't wait :biggrin:.

Well done!
Still waiting for my reply >.<
What's the resources thing they offered for everyone that applied?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by M2k13
Well done!
Still waiting for my reply >.<
What's the resources thing they offered for everyone that applied?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Free access to some website called Integral I think. I am getting e-mails whenever someone posts on the forums but I don't even have my log in details yet :biggrin:
Name: Nicki
Studying: Computer Science and Business Studies (anyone else doing this??? Too many pages to look through)
Got an offer from Warwick for AAB which I've firmed and Leicester is my insurance.

Also when is accommodation available to apply for?
Reply 1530
Original post by Kurak
Congratulations! If the STEP support day applies to you, you better hurry. The deadline is tomorrow :frown:

Is it possible to master STEP by just doing the questions and self assessing with the mark scheme?
Reply 1531
I've applied to do English Literature at Warwick but haven't heard anything! I have to do an interview if I get through so does anyone know when they are? Or has anyone got an offer to do English? :smile:
Original post by Malawi
Is it possible to master STEP by just doing the questions and self assessing with the mark scheme?

I am not a very good person to ask for advice about STEP :tongue:.

Mostly in lessons we have just been working through questions though. Occasionally we do learn a few extra things though, check the the STEP specification and see what knowledge you are lacking. For example if you don't do Further Mathematics you would probably not know about proof by induction, which knowledge of is assumed.

I havn't really had a look at this yet, but check out the Siklos booklet. Apparently it is a great starting point :smile:

(I think the link to most of these resources is in the STEP megathread)
Reply 1533
Original post by Kurak
Free access to some website called Integral I think. I am getting e-mails whenever someone posts on the forums but I don't even have my log in details yet :biggrin:

I see, well i'll hopefully get the reply next week and such :rolleyes:
Original post by FredaJ13
I've applied to do English Literature at Warwick but haven't heard anything! I have to do an interview if I get through so does anyone know when they are? Or has anyone got an offer to do English? :smile:

Same here, I haven't heard anything either since their Merry Christmas email. They bombard us with emails telling us "we're carefully considering your application but you probably won't hear anything until the 15th January", and then when the 15th Jan finally comes, they fall silent completely!! I know some people on this thread have had interviews for English, though. The second of the two interview dates listed on the website is 22nd Feb, but I dunno if we would have heard by now if they wanted to interview us then...some people in the thread have already been invited to interview on the 22nd...but if they didn't want to interview us at all then surely they'd have rejected us by now, so positive thinking! :smile:
Original post by iamsherlocked
Same here, I haven't heard anything either since their Merry Christmas email. They bombard us with emails telling us "we're carefully considering your application but you probably won't hear anything until the 15th January", and then when the 15th Jan finally comes, they fall silent completely!! I know some people on this thread have had interviews for English, though. The second of the two interview dates listed on the website is 22nd Feb, but I dunno if we would have heard by now if they wanted to interview us then...some people in the thread have already been invited to interview on the 22nd...but if they didn't want to interview us at all then surely they'd have rejected us by now, so positive thinking! :smile:

Original post by FredaJ13

Yeah, the first of the interviews is the 22nd, but I think they've sent out all invitations to that first interview date, but I think they're still sending out the second batch for the 8th of March? If I remember off the top of my head. People rarely speak of being rejected from their uni choices of the student room, but I think you're right. Positive thinking! Surely if they had already planned who they were going to interview, that means they would have already sent out their rejection letters. That would be what makes sense to me anyway. Good luck to the both of you :biggrin: I'm doing English Lit and Cr. Writing by the way, so my interview is on the 18th Feb, if you're curious as to why I seem to be so focused on Warwick's English department :P
Reply 1536
Anybody else had an offer with less than the entry requirements in terms of grades? I've had an offer for computer science (AAA) while i'm predicted an AAB. still dunno if i want to firm the offer or not :tongue:
Original post by Meldon94
Yeah, the first of the interviews is the 22nd, but I think they've sent out all invitations to that first interview date, but I think they're still sending out the second batch for the 8th of March? If I remember off the top of my head. People rarely speak of being rejected from their uni choices of the student room, but I think you're right. Positive thinking! Surely if they had already planned who they were going to interview, that means they would have already sent out their rejection letters. That would be what makes sense to me anyway. Good luck to the both of you :biggrin: I'm doing English Lit and Cr. Writing by the way, so my interview is on the 18th Feb, if you're curious as to why I seem to be so focused on Warwick's English department :P

I know they did reject some Warwick English people back in like November or so.
The first interviews were on the 25th Jan. The 8th March isn't even listed on the website, but a few people posted saying that they had been invited for the 8th March back in like December, so I'm a bit confused...
Good luck with your interview :biggrin:
Hey guys,
I applied for Kings, queen Mary London, LSE, Warwick and Cardiff for law(M-100) and got offers from queen mary, Warwick and Cardiff. My question is that which one should I choose between Warwick and Cardiff??? Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by iamsherlocked
I know they did reject some Warwick English people back in like November or so.
The first interviews were on the 25th Jan. The 8th March isn't even listed on the website, but a few people posted saying that they had been invited for the 8th March back in like December, so I'm a bit confused...
Good luck with your interview :biggrin:

Oh dear... I'm utterly clueless then. I should just stick to my own course XD Sorry if I've confused anyone. But if what you've said is true, then it looks like they give out rejections and then interviews, so you're probably very right to be positive. 'No news is good news' eh? :P And thank you, I'm very nervous :P Have to get a 10-16 page portfolio to them with 2 pages of commentary by this Friday :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending