The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Neymar
does the "team g4s leaver pack" come with the p45 they send you?

No, I got those separately. My p45 came quite a few weeks after my leaver pack.
Has anyone applied to get their tax back yet?
If so, how do you do it?
Reply 4842
How much were we to get paid for SIA training? I've been looking at all my payments and think there is something not right.

Plus I never got a payslip for August.
Nor have I received a leaving pack??
Reply 4843
Original post by Trey-Cii3
If so, how do you do it?

I have! You fill in a P50 form (search it on google), attach part 2/3 of your P45 to your application, and send it to your local HMRC office (on their website). They paid me my tax into my account within a week!
Original post by Trey-Cii3
If so, how do you do it?

Contact HMRC to explain your situation, and they'll let you know what you need to do :smile:

Original post by itshusi
I have! You fill in a P50 form (search it on google), attach part 2/3 of your P45 to your application, and send it to your local HMRC office (on their website). They paid me my tax into my account within a week!

That's only if you're not working though. I have a new job since leaving G4S, and getting my tax back seems to have been a bit of a complicated process. I think I'm supposed to get it in my pay-check from my current job, but I'll just have to wait and see. I actually really need this tax back to help immensely with this trip I'm taking next month.
Reply 4845
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Contact HMRC to explain your situation, and they'll let you know what you need to do :smile:

That's only if you're not working though. I have a new job since leaving G4S, and getting my tax back seems to have been a bit of a complicated process. I think I'm supposed to get it in my pay-check from my current job, but I'll just have to wait and see. I actually really need this tax back to help immensely with this trip I'm taking next month.

Ah, if you're working again, you can't claim any tax back till April. (As long as you have earned less than 8100 from April 2012-April 2013).

BUT overpaid tax from your previous employer (G4S), may be given back to you on your pay slip with your new job. I guess you've just gotta wait and see after you get your payslip.
Original post by itshusi
Ah, if you're working again, you can't claim any tax back till April. (As long as you have earned less than 8100 from April 2012-April 2013).

BUT overpaid tax from your previous employer (G4S), may be given back to you on your pay slip with your new job. I guess you've just gotta wait and see after you get your payslip.

Oh dear, that'd be a shame if I had to wait all the way till April, especially since I'll probably be out of the country by then :erm:. But OK, I'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Original post by itshusi

Thanx for the help guys. I shall do that now! :biggrin:
Reply 4848
could you please forward these details to me.. it will be much appreciated. Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 4849
Original post by Wise1
could you please forward these details to me.. it will be much appreciated. Thanks :biggrin:

its just a p50 look it up, and send parts 2/3 of your p45, how lazy are you?

Btw, does anyone have a number for the payroll department, i made calculcations and im still owed money. G4S, still a bunch of *****
Reply 4850

Hey cherrycake,

I called up HMRC and explained everything to them and i was like to do i need to send my P45 and P50 etc to get back my tax and she was like no, she would process the money im owed in my next payslip with my other job so i wouldnt need to do anything. It would be the same if thats what they said to you. Hope this helps
Original post by H.Maleki
Hey cherrycake,

I called up HMRC and explained everything to them and i was like to do i need to send my P45 and P50 etc to get back my tax and she was like no, she would process the money im owed in my next payslip with my other job so i wouldnt need to do anything. It would be the same if thats what they said to you. Hope this helps

Well, HMRC told me that I needed to send them my P45s from both the job centre (because I used to get JSA before working for G4S) and from G4S, which I did and then after a while they finally paid my tax refund into my bank account through the payslip of my current employer :yep:

I'm not too sure why you got different instructions; maybe HMRC already had all the info about you they needed or something? :dontknow:
Reply 4852
Well, HMRC told me that I needed to send them my P45s from both the job centre (because I used to get JSA before working for G4S) and from G4S, which I did and then after a while they finally paid my tax refund into my bank account through the payslip of my current employer :yep:

I'm not too sure why you got different instructions; maybe HMRC already had all the info about you they needed or something? :dontknow:

You cant claim back national insurance can you? I calcualted all myearnings from my P45 and i was short and apparently thats national insurance which doesnt come up on your p45, there fore near £100 :/
You cant claim back national insurance can you? I calcualted all myearnings from my P45 and i was short and apparently thats national insurance which doesnt come up on your p45, there fore near £100 :/

I'm not very sure myself tbh, so I'd double check on the HMRC website or ring them up if I were you.
Reply 4854
I'm not very sure myself tbh, so I'd double check on the HMRC website or ring them up if I were you.

you see from your p45, if you minus the tax you paid from the total you earned, is that how much was given to you in your account or is it less?
you see from your p45, if you minus the tax you paid from the total you earned, is that how much was given to you in your account or is it less?

Yes, the net amount (after tax) is what I got paid :yep:
Reply 4856
Yes, the net amount (after tax) is what I got paid :yep:

Ahh i see, cause mine is a little less (total-tax) and i asked payroll and they said its national insurance lady daa, imma just call hmrc and see what they say then.
Thanks
Reply 4857
Sent my P50 form off over a month ago along with parts 2+3 (I think) of my P45 and I still haven't heard anything.

Shall I ring?
Original post by treeves
Sent my P50 form off over a month ago along with parts 2+3 (I think) of my P45 and I still haven't heard anything.

Shall I ring?

It's funny because if you owed them money, they would be all over you but because it's the other way around they don't give a ****.
I haven't had a job since the Olympics, do I have to call up HmRC to get my tax back or will it just be sent out automatically in April?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending