The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Visit days

Is it worth staying over night, and if so can anyone recommend some suitable accomadation?

or should I just drive up with a parent and travel back over night?
cheers
Reply 1
Would be helpful to know where you are coming from.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
well a night in a hotel is always fun and you can have breakfast in the union or refectory. to see what thats like. also you can check out the nightlife get to know the town so lots of good points or you could just go home leave all the exploration and stuff for when you get down there getting lost with mates is always fun good luck
Reply 3
Sorry, coming from lancashire, about 5 hours away
well then a hotel it is. Remember to get in near the halls and night life you can grab a student and ask whats good that night
Reply 5
Original post by ckysam
Sorry, coming from lancashire, about 5 hours away

I'm from Yorkshire and have only ever done it there and back in a day once, and I'd definitely recommend staying overnight. It's very possible to do it in a day, but it'd be best not to be rushed and tired on the day so you can enjoy it a bit more! It'd be much cheaper to stay somewhere outside of St Andrews, and places in St Andrews will usually be booked up. If you wanted to come on your own the town also has a hostel which is only £9 per night, obviously not as comfortable as a hotel but a cheaper option!
Reply 6
Thank you :smile:
Reply 7
There is a hostel on Market Street that is like £20 a night. The BnBs youre looking at around £50 for a single.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending