The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2013 hopefuls! (again, early...)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5880
Original post by Suvetty
Pandabay I think you are me a wee bit! I love big dogs and my dreams lie in being a dairy vet! Wrote a paper on dairy cattle that was published in the national anthropology journal, not in the least bit interesting and not earth shattering research for the farming world but quite interesting to anthropologists maybe..my professor had thought that cows were still milked by hand until he read it!lol that was probably me on the 27th then, didn't know Mica (the other Irish girl), met her on the plane that morning! glanced at the passenger beside me and saw something with "veterinary" written on it in her hand, turned out she was going to the interview too! Such a small world lol I was the tall one with a green cardigan.What group were you in? Really wondering about halls... Seems handy but at the same time, I've had plenty of experience of it already...was looking at houses to rent in Sutton Bonington, not too expensive but would need to find housemates! My brother is sick of studying at this stage and every time he complains I want to strangle him because he doesn't realize how lucky he is! Have you applied anywhere else?

yes i applied elsewhere, have u? did u have any other interviews? oh it is a small world how random but awesome to meet someone on the way there! i was in green group c, i had peroxide blonde hair, heels and skinny black trousers with a green cardi lol my hair stood out, but u know what to heck with it, i get the best grades in my class although i do look a little barbie-esque! haha but classy barbie not trash barbie! I'm going to be renting a house in sutton boning ton or keg worth or loughborough i think if i get in because i don't fancy nottingham to live in and i live right in a big city now so would like some peace so to speak! ha oh dear me your professor must have felt some pure embarrassment there then i assume? well i hope they did, so nobody still not heard from notts? d-day gets nearer the longer we wait! isn't it excruciating!? oh i hate those types of boys/men who are so clever and blasé about it when i work my proverbial off haha! theres a guy like that on my course, he's so smart i work my butt off to beat him all the time, and i often do because he is so lazy its disgusting, he's so smart capable of being a brain surgeon but he runs round after some bimbo in the college like a lost puppy so he skips class all the time and even tho this is different every time he gets the same grade as me i want to throttle him too lol because i know he's done absolutely nothing for it!
don't worry girl hang in there, I'm sure you've wowed the crowd!! x :smile:
Reply 5881
Original post by Plebbles
Oh that's a horrible, if not incredibly bizarre one! Where are you waiting to hear from! I think I'm gonna go mad with all this waiting!

Just RVC. Already have an offer for Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5882
Just seen a link to the 2015 vet hopefuls page... Now I feel old! :colondollar:
Original post by _Mollie_
Just seen a link to the 2015 vet hopefuls page... Now I feel old! :colondollar:

Hahaha, that was -exactly- my reaction! :tongue:

Changing the subject slightly...as far as I know it's only 10 sleeps to go until every university is legally obliged to inform UCAS of their decision (Thursday 28th, since it's Good Friday on 29th this year...), so the wait is almost over, wooo! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
If it's any consolation, I feel old too :ninja:. In less than three years I'll be at university... scary stuff. :colondollar:

(Little baby Year 11 here :ninja: I've been stalking this thread ever since it was made. I thought I'd finally pop my head in and say hi now that I have a proper thread to post in :tongue: )
Reply 5885
Original post by Pandabay
yes i applied elsewhere, have u? did u have any other interviews? oh it is a small world how random but awesome to meet someone on the way there! i was in green group c, i had peroxide blonde hair, heels and skinny black trousers with a green cardi lol my hair stood out, but u know what to heck with it, i get the best grades in my class although i do look a little barbie-esque! haha but classy barbie not trash barbie!

Nottingham is my only hope this year! Is it other vet courses you have applied for? What course are you doing now?And that's great! Look just the way you want and if people think you look barbie-esque then even more fun for you when they realize how smart you actually are!lol I know, the wait is killing me! I have become so difficult to live with! Yeah, renting a house in Sutton Bonington would really suit me I think, though I'm nervous to look into it too much until I know if its actually a possibility! I really hope we hear this week! I'm sure it'll be good news for you!
Reply 5886
Original post by Suvetty
Nottingham is my only hope this year! Is it other vet courses you have applied for? What course are you doing now?And that's great! Look just the way you want and if people think you look barbie-esque then even more fun for you when they realize how smart you actually are!lol I know, the wait is killing me! I have become so difficult to live with! Yeah, renting a house in Sutton Bonington would really suit me I think, though I'm nervous to look into it too much until I know if its actually a possibility! I really hope we hear this week! I'm sure it'll be good news for you!

i got knocked back from everywhere else lol, but chose a back up of becomming a pharmacist which i have an interview for in april, its still a good degree but i dont have a heart for it, i know it sounds bad but its the truth. so notts is my only hope too doll, but hey lets hope we both get in, do u like horses? eg riding etc? im going to see if i can bring my horse if not then ill bring it and stable it somewhere near by.
i have looked at some gorgeous little cottages in the area that i would love to rent :smile: but like u im trying not to look incase
im doing an access to science course, its basically the same work as a level chemistry physics and biology and so far i have had all top grades. its really intensive done in a year, so its a heavy workload and they dont allow you in unless you have gcse's above grade b really because its so hard. I mean its no harder than A levels but it is as hard and many people think its a thickos way of getting in but i reckon its pretty intense lol! the thing is if you get in you deserved it no matter what! so im glad this course gave me the opportunity to even get an interview etc! if i dont get in shall go for next year :smile: yeh ill be another year older but hey ho, loads of people change career or go back to something they always wanted. have you done any science type stuff since your masters in anthropology? im so impressed its awesome! :smile: have a great day, i shall be revising for a level maths which im taking on top of my course haha! shoot me now!
Reply 5887
Original post by estudiante_numero1
Hahaha, that was -exactly- my reaction! :tongue:

Changing the subject slightly...as far as I know it's only 10 sleeps to go until every university is legally obliged to inform UCAS of their decision (Thursday 28th, since it's Good Friday on 29th this year...), so the wait is almost over, wooo! :biggrin:

Hate to say this but if you look on the website it's just a reccommendation to the unis, they don't have to let us know until May 9th :frown:
Original post by wallaby
Hate to say this but if you look on the website it's just a reccommendation to the unis, they don't have to let us know until May 9th :frown:

Ah right, thank you...I stand corrected! :smile: Sorry for potentially getting everyone's hopes up haha! :tongue: Hopefully they'll let us all know by the end of next week, anyway. :biggrin: My only consolation if they do leave it until 9th May is that it's my 18th birthday haha, could be an especially eventful day. :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wallaby

^
don't worry they won't leave it until 9th may :wink: edinburgh's came out last year on 26th march so you'll hear from them this week or next. liverpool's latest offers last year came out on the 29th i believe? so don't worry, i imagine you'll hear from everyone by the end of the month, i.e 10 or less day's time. good luck :biggrin:
Reply 5890
well everyone on here was making me think that notts were going to call us with decisions last weds and then today etc, i still have not heard and i am literally so stressed over not knowing, however i emailed them just a polite quick email to ask when we may hear and they said they are still making decisions and that its going to be within 1-2 weeks, unless anyone else was lucky enough to get an offer today? if so well done :smile: if not then i guess we will all be hearing around then!
fingers crossed peeps!
Edinburgh rejection. Feel like I want to cry. I'm not going to live in the city I want and I'm going to be at least 7 hours away from my boyfriend. This sucks.
Reply 5892
Original post by rachierelish
Edinburgh rejection. Feel like I want to cry. I'm not going to live in the city I want and I'm going to be at least 7 hours away from my boyfriend. This sucks.

I'm the same.
But you're going to be a vet still?
Surely that beats all!
Reply 5893
OFFER FROM ED
I cannot believe it! After four years of trying I finally got in, to my first choice aswell
Words cannot describe how I feel!!!!!!!!!
Reply 5894
Original post by emmah629
OFFER FROM ED
I cannot believe it! After four years of trying I finally got in, to my first choice aswell
Words cannot describe how I feel!!!!!!!!!

congrats well done! see never give up!! :smile: if i don't get in ill be trying again!!
well done!
Reply 5895
Original post by Pandabay
congrats well done! see never give up!! :smile: if i don't get in ill be trying again!!
well done!

Thank you!

Where have you got to hear from?

Im sure you'll be fine, but definately if its what you want to do dont give up!
We'll all get there in the end :smile:
Anyone heard from Bristol recently? They said they'd do it by today, so I've been stressing all day and have heard nothing :frown:
Reply 5897
Original post by jasminemay95
Anyone heard from Bristol recently? They said they'd do it by today, so I've been stressing all day and have heard nothing :frown:

Where did they say they'd do it by today??
Unconditional for Edinburgh! Just firmed it, turned down Glasgow :biggrin: someone else deserves it :smile:..My gap year was a success after all. I'd advise it to anyone, never give up !
Original post by miffy56
Just RVC. Already have an offer for Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh awesome! Must be so nice knowing you have an offer :smile: good luck for RVC :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending