The Student Room Group

IB Econ HL Revision Guide

Hello guys,

I started revising for Economics and I am usually a level 7 student.
Though, I do not feel like reading through teh whole Pearson Economics 550 pages book again and again. So, does someone have recommendations for a IB HL economics revision guide which perfectly covers all aspects of the syllabus and includes examples and evaluation?

For now I found
-IB Economics 2nd Edition: Study Guide for the IB diploma by Constantine Ziogas
This one seems quite nice but not sure if it contains everything tbh.
-IB Economics: Skills and Practice: For the IB diploma by Constantine Ziogas
This one looks better but from the title im not sure whether it actually contains everyhting of the syllabus or whether it just gives some examples of IB questions.
- The OSC IB revision guides. These are simply not good enough (do not contain necessary information to get a 7 with imo)

Any advice?
Reply 1
Great... a bot which does not even answer my question ^^
Reply 2
IB study guide by Ziogas is the best in my opinion. Covers every topic more than superficially and includes graphs/examples
Reply 3
Original post by pikomar
IB study guide by Ziogas is the best in my opinion. Covers every topic more than superficially and includes graphs/examples

Thanks, did you also check out the others or?

Also, I am currently revising with the huge Pearson, is ziogas almost the same detail? As im searching for something compact which yet does not miss out on anything.
Reply 4
Original post by Giveme45
Thanks, did you also check out the others or?

Also, I am currently revising with the huge Pearson, is ziogas almost the same detail? As im searching for something compact which yet does not miss out on anything.

Everyone that i know agrees to Ziogas study guide, it took me from a 3- to a 5-6 quite quickly. Its a study guide thus compact yet does not exclude important theory! you should def take it :smile: have you made a revision plan for econ? only 31 days left :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by pikomar
Everyone that i know agrees to Ziogas study guide, it took me from a 3- to a 5-6 quite quickly. Its a study guide thus compact yet does not exclude important theory! you should def take it :smile: have you made a revision plan for econ? only 31 days left :frown:

No i don't have a revision plan, I'm just currently reading through the entier PEARSON and try to understand absolutely everything and hope it stays in my head. I guess I will order the Ziogas then. Thanks for the advice! Or perhaps I might just stay with perason ^^
Reply 6
Original post by Giveme45
No i don't have a revision plan, I'm just currently reading through the entier PEARSON and try to understand absolutely everything and hope it stays in my head. I guess I will order the Ziogas then. Thanks for the advice! Or perhaps I might just stay with perason ^^

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest