The Student Room Group

Portuguese F888 A level

Anyone do A2 portuguese today f888?

What did you think? I thought it went pretty good. What did you think of the essay questions and which ones did you do?

I did the one about the role of women of today

xxx
Andrea
Woo I did!
It was alright, wish I'd had more time to check over everything better to be more relaxed about it but hey.
Didn't like the exercise about explaining words with your own words just cos its such a paaain. especially when they asked to explain 'buraco'!!
I did the one about renewable energy, always seem to go for meio ambiente :P the woman one was probably the 2nd most attractive to me, also a good one
ohh yeah lol, i wrote: "a round thing that you can fall into" loool

yeah the meio ambiente is always fun :P i was going to do the one about digital technology but after 5 minutes of planning i thought that the internet isnt "digital" so i scrapped that :P
Aaaah that would have been better :P I wrote something with a buraco means there's a part missing to something to it, couldn't think of anything else!!
do you do other language a levels?
Reply 4
is there a research based essay for portuguese A2? I don't have lessons for it and as I also do french and spanish and I got a research based essay to do, I was wondering if there was one for portuguese

thanks
http://www.ocr.org.uk/images/60444-question-paper-unit-f888-listening-reading-and-writing-2.pdf

have u checked the ocr website above? the questions always come at the end of the paper. so do u have luso- phone connections aswell?
but no, you dont have to revise a book or anything, its just themes.
Reply 7
Going to sit this exam in May and June,anyone else doing it ?:smile:! Hope the essay questions on the A2 paper are nice . Are you guys sure that there isn't anything to be learnt ?
no, u dont have to learn any thing, but i suggest u revise all topics like the environment, and technology etc so you can be like, look at all my awesome knowledge of portuguese :wink: i put some words for the environment. its the only one i have.

Desafio challenge
Awarness Consciência
Atomic energy Energia atômica
Alienation Alienação
Atmosphere Atmosfera
Balance - Equilíbrio
To ban / Banned Banir / Banido, proibido
Biodegradable Biodegradável,
Biodiversity Biodiversidade
Biosphere - Biosfera
Biotechnology Biotecnologia
Carbon Carbono
Carbon Footprint Pegada de Carbono
Climate - Clima
Climate change Mudança climática
Conservation Conservação
Contamination Contaminação
Deforestation Desmate, desmatamento
Desertification Desertificação
Drought Seca
Ecosystem Ecossistema
Ecology - Ecologia
Emission Emissão
Endangered Species Espécies ameaçadas
Environment Meio ambiente
Environmentalist Ambientalista
Extinction Extinção
Fertilizer Fertilizante
Farm Fazenda
Fossil Fuels Combustíveis fósseis
Genetic engineering Engenharia genética
Genetic modification Modificação genética
Global Warming Aquecimento global
Greenhouse effect Efeito estufa
To harm Danificar, machucar
Heavy metal Metais pesados
Heat wave Onda de calor
Industrial waste Lixo industrial
Integration Integração
Imagination Imaginação
Innovation Inovação
To leak / leaking Vazar, vazamento
Methane Metano
Natural Gas Gás natural
Nature Natureza
Nuclear Energy Energia nuclear
Nuclear Waste Lixo Nuclear
Organic Orgânico
Oil Óleo, Petróleo
Oxygen - Oxigênio
Ozone Layer Camada de Ozônio
Poison / Poisonous Veneno, venenoso
Pollution Poluição
Polar ice caps Calotas polares
Preservation Preservação
Radiation Radiação
Radioactive Radioativo
To recycle Reciclar
Renewable Renovável
Soil Solo
Solvent Solvente
Sewage Esgoto, despejo
Stratosphere Estratosfera
Sustainability Sustentabilidade
Sustainable development Desenvolvimento sustentável
Threat Ameaça
Toxic waste Lixo tóxico
Urbanization Urbanização
Waste Lixo, despejo
Wave Onda
Wind Vento
Wild life Vida selvagem
Reply 9
ha okay muito obrigado pela ajuda . :smile:
Reply 10
any ideas yet for the research based essay? my mate is doing A2 portuguese (OCR) and he's doing one.. I was thinking in doing ''os lusíadas'' as I have read it before, but I'm still not sure...
hmm, when i did the exam in 2012, there was nothing to research, maybe they have changed it, but, yeah i have no idea, sorry
Original post by joaoroque
any ideas yet for the research based essay? my mate is doing A2 portuguese (OCR) and he's doing one.. I was thinking in doing ''os lusíadas'' as I have read it before, but I'm still not sure...

On the OCR exam board, there is no literature review / research based essay. There is however a 400 word essay you have to answer out of a range of essay titles. (Every title being related to one of the 10 sub-topics)

When I sat my OCR Dutch A2 exam last year, I answerd an open ended question on integration/society. Simply because it was the easiest for me to blag. :tongue:

I believe the Edexcel mainstream & minority languages include a Research Based Esaay.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by thatitootoo
On the OCR exam board, there is no literature review / research based essay. There is however a 400 word essay you have to answer out of a range of essay titles. (Every title being related to one of the 10 sub-topics)

When I sat my OCR Dutch A2 exam last year, I answerd an open ended question on integration/society. Simply because it was the easiest for me to blag. :tongue:

I believe the Edexcel mainstream & minority languages include a Research Based Esaay.

obrigadao, nem sabes do que me safas-te xD isso eu para escrever em portugues é na boa. I can relax during the exam only need 162 in 200 for an A*
good luck for all your exams and once again thank you so much
Original post by joaoroque
obrigadao, nem sabes do que me safas-te xD isso eu para escrever em portugues é na boa. I can relax during the exam only need 162 in 200 for an A*
good luck for all your exams and once again thank you so much

You're very welcome! :biggrin:
Btw you'll need to get at least 180/200 on the A2 paper in order to get an A*
(I'm aware that you got 198/200 at AS)
You can do it easyyy lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Anyone know how much you need to get out of 160 to get a B in the As ? Help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest