The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If we were due to work Easter Sunday but our store was closed, do we still get paid? My wages this month aren't quite right :/
Original post by Add!ction
If we were due to work Easter Sunday but our store was closed, do we still get paid? My wages this month aren't quite right :/

If you are contracted to work Sundays, yes you will get paid but only the basic pay. If you are entitled to anything such as Sunday Premiums, you would have had to put a days holiday in to receive those.
Reply 5902
Got a p60 today showing how much tax i've got back but the money doesn't seem to have gone into my account ? Should i just speak to HR about it ?
Original post by ExWunderkind
If you are contracted to work Sundays, yes you will get paid but only the basic pay. If you are entitled to anything such as Sunday Premiums, you would have had to put a days holiday in to receive those.

Okay thanks, I've definitely been underpaid then :frown: This is getting ridiculous.
Yay, I got the job! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My time punch card has -23.45 scribbled on it but the manager is off the weekend and the team leaders don't have a clue about it :-|

I deffo wasn't overpaid 23.45hrs/£.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5906
Okay so it was my first day today! Checkout training wasn't so bad and the customers were patient, it was just remembering what buttons to press and when but I have a question! Tomorrow, I'm unsure who I go to when I clock in? Do I just pick a till or am I allocated one? I start work at 12 noon and I'm a customer service assistant, pushing the trollies in the car park, but my TL said I'd mostly be on checkouts this week as everyone needs to built up their skills in checkouts. We're training in another store to the one we applied for as it's not yet built as I explained in the pervious post, I'm just curious to how I know what I'm doing tomorrow as we havent been told really.

I'm really starting to like this forum/thread, everyones so helpful :biggrin:! Anyway!! If you know or have nay suggestions, please be my guest and point me in the right direction :smile: I don't want to be a useless newbie (as much as I feel like I am at the moment :P) ahha!
Reply 5907
Original post by rwsimo
Okay so it was my first day today! Checkout training wasn't so bad and the customers were patient, it was just remembering what buttons to press and when but I have a question! Tomorrow, I'm unsure who I go to when I clock in? Do I just pick a till or am I allocated one? I start work at 12 noon and I'm a customer service assistant, pushing the trollies in the car park, but my TL said I'd mostly be on checkouts this week as everyone needs to built up their skills in checkouts. We're training in another store to the one we applied for as it's not yet built as I explained in the pervious post, I'm just curious to how I know what I'm doing tomorrow as we havent been told really.

I'm really starting to like this forum/thread, everyones so helpful :biggrin:! Anyway!! If you know or have nay suggestions, please be my guest and point me in the right direction :smile: I don't want to be a useless newbie (as much as I feel like I am at the moment :P) ahha!

Definitely don't just choose a till, go to whoever the checkout supervisor/captain is and I think they'll assign you to a till. Checkouts isn't too bad once you get the hang of it, just kinda boring.

And yep, this thread is awesome, whenever you need help someone has the answer for you.

On that note though, I'm leaving Sainsbury's, gave my notice in last week, finally going travelling, although I'm hoping to be able to return over the summer, and possibly get a transfer closer to home/uni.:smile:
Reply 5908
Original post by Zubby77
Definitely don't just choose a till, go to whoever the checkout supervisor/captain is and I think they'll assign you to a till. Checkouts isn't too bad once you get the hang of it, just kinda boring.

And yep, this thread is awesome, whenever you need help someone has the answer for you.

On that note though, I'm leaving Sainsbury's, gave my notice in last week, finally going travelling, although I'm hoping to be able to return over the summer, and possibly get a transfer closer to home/uni.:smile:

Travelling?! Wow what an adventure! I'd love to do that :-) I wish I could get one closer to my uni but I think I might stay a bit before I begin thinking about transfers and get my roots grounded first :-)

Hmm, Is the person with the headset do you reckon the person I'd go to? Just I remember the person that trained us (our team leader) mentioning that its his day off tomorrow!

Thanks for your super fast reply too! I was fretting everyone would be like oh man what a dumb questions! Lmao!
Reply 5909
Original post by rwsimo
Travelling?! Wow what an adventure! I'd love to do that :-) I wish I could get one closer to my uni but I think I might stay a bit before I begin thinking about transfers and get my roots grounded first :-)

Hmm, Is the person with the headset do you reckon the person I'd go to? Just I remember the person that trained us (our team leader) mentioning that its his day off tomorrow!

Thanks for your super fast reply too! I was fretting everyone would be like oh man what a dumb questions! Lmao!

Haha nope I remember when I started I had no idea what was going on. I'm not too sure, my store is really small so there's no runners or whatever with headsets etc. You could just ask one of those headset guys and I'm sure they'd direct you to the person to go to.

Yeah, I'm on a gap year before uni, and I finally got my act together to sort out my travelling plans, going to Croatia and then Slovenia and Bosnia for a bit, can't wait!:biggrin:

Good luck!
Reply 5910
Original post by Zubby77
Haha nope I remember when I started I had no idea what was going on. I'm not too sure, my store is really small so there's no runners or whatever with headsets etc. You could just ask one of those headset guys and I'm sure they'd direct you to the person to go to.

Yeah, I'm on a gap year before uni, and I finally got my act together to sort out my travelling plans, going to Croatia and then Slovenia and Bosnia for a bit, can't wait!:biggrin:

Good luck!

You're traveling to another country and I'm working down the road in sainsburys! I think it's you who needs the luck!! :biggrin: You'll have a fantastic time! It must have took a long time to plan!

I'll just ask the headset person, I'm sure he'll be a trainer too lmao or hopefully I see someone I know and get them to find out ;-).
Reply 5911
Just got my first pay with emergency tax of about £128 (I earn under the thingy so I shouldn't be taxed), will I need to take any action with the tax office or HR? Or will I get paid the amount automatically later after the tax year?

Cheers :smile:
The taxman asks far too much of me.

:frown:
hi everyone
can someone tell me how old do you have to be to work at sainsburys?
Reply 5914
Original post by whyamisogreat
hi everyone
can someone tell me how old do you have to be to work at sainsburys?

I think it's 16 minimum to work at sainsbury's.

http://sainsburys.jobs/information/under-18
Reply 5915
Original post by Tom2195
Got a p60 today showing how much tax i've got back but the money doesn't seem to have gone into my account ? Should i just speak to HR about it ?

Your P60 shows you how much tax you've paid in the financial year. If you think you've overpaid you'll have better luck ringing the tax office.

Original post by Adept
Just got my first pay with emergency tax of about £128 (I earn under the thingy so I shouldn't be taxed), will I need to take any action with the tax office or HR? Or will I get paid the amount automatically later after the tax year?

Cheers :smile:

If you didn't hand in a P45 (if you've been employed before) or fill in a P46 when you first started speak to HR about filling in a P46 now. If you've started recently then sometimes it takes a little while to arrive.
Anyone else think Sainsburys should get some music playing throughout the store like at Christmas, as long as there is enough songs that they don't repeat!?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5917
Original post by elzginger
Anyone else think Sainsburys should get some music playing throughout the store like at Christmas, as long as there is enough songs that they don't repeat!?

They've started playing music in my store after 10pm for night shift.
Reply 5918

Agree, although the chances are there will be a handful of customers who will complain and then it will disappear.

Had someone come up to me to complain that the TV's were on too loud and wanted me to turn the volume down on them all, would not go until I did.

When I go in the co-op 'co-operative radio' is always playing - it's pretty decent + none of the oldies seem to mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending