The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2380
Thanks! I think that the access course would be more useful for me in any case...the access course of science or of health professionalis. Where did you do yours? Are there prerequisites in order to enter the access course? Because I noticed you need the GCSE level 2, but I don't know it since in high school in Italy we don't do that..
Reply 2381
Hi :smile: Hope all your applications are going well! Has anyone on here firmed Bradford??
Original post by lcollin24
Its alright the show must go on! yeah and thats the short version of the story, oh well. Thanks and best of luck

Thank you, I will fingers crossed. Kings failed in their feedback saying I should get more relevant workexperience ?? like really.

Not a place, had 2 interview in some not so loveable places that I didn't get places for anyway. And I have 3 lined up so far, and pretty much all of them applied to. Yourself?

Overall I think the undergrad is for more prospective students giving youth a chance.

I wouldn't say that.... A lot of physios have a previous degree I just graduated with a degree in sports biomedicine and work as a physiotherapy assistant (and I only got that job in December ) and I got two offers from unis for physio .... It really is so competitive I didn't think I'd get in as I got rejected from 2 of my options
Reply 2383
I'm tryng to do my student finance and there is one section that asks if I will be applying for an NHS bursary, I might sound a bit stupid but does this mean the funding for the course or the other type of NHS bursary ?
Also is the course funding from the NHS means tested ?

Would be really grateful for someone to help me out with this I really don't have a clue what I'm doing :tongue:
Original post by Elenac86
Thanks! I think that the access course would be more useful for me in any case...the access course of science or of health professionalis. Where did you do yours? Are there prerequisites in order to enter the access course? Because I noticed you need the GCSE level 2, but I don't know it since in high school in Italy we don't do that..

I went to City College, Southampton and did the health professions course. You should be able to take a test in Maths and English to prove you are at the right level for entry.
Reply 2385
Ok.Are there any specifics books in order to prepare oneself? I'm referring in particular to maths...what is the level of the math text??
Its alright the show must go on! yeah and thats the short version of the story, oh well. Thanks and best of luck

Thank you, I will fingers crossed. Kings failed in their feedback saying I should get more relevant workexperience ?? like really.

Not a place, had 2 interview in some not so loveable places that I didn't get places for anyway. And I have 3 lined up so far, and pretty much all of them applied to. Yourself?

Overall I think the undergrad is for more prospective students giving youth a chance.

iPad won't let me multi quote, but don't be disheartened with you rejections, there's always clearing. And yes, there ARE usually spaces in clearing.

What's your work experience in? Apologies, I haven't read any replies on here stating what you've experienced.

Finally, if you get accepted onto an MSc, good luck. I have friends on the MSc and they're always jealous at us BScs (I'm also a mature student studying physiotherapy). We have far more time than they do and are less rushed, and that's saying something. In the next 4 weeks, we have 5300 words due in split as two assignments, a poster on a neurological conditions, a case study presentation, dissertation launch, Neuro lectures and placement debrief.

The MScs have even more work on. I'm second year fwiw. I really enjoy the course where I am, but it's no walk in the park.
Ok.Are there any specifics books in order to prepare oneself? I'm referring in particular to maths...what is the level of the math text??

GCSE or Level 2 about the level when you were 16. Look up GCSE bitesize online and it will give you revision and practise
Reply 2388
Thanks? do you suggests any books as well? or maybe a syllabus of the programme required for level 2?
Thanks? do you suggests any books as well? or maybe a syllabus of the programme required for level 2?

Sorry I did my GCSE's a long time ago. There will be a lot of GCSE books on the market. May even be some recommended on bitesize
Reply 2390

Wow... Their feedback is spot on... Lol! God.. I hope u get somewhere with it all :-)
Reply 2391
Original post by Caitlinm
I'm tryng to do my student finance and there is one section that asks if I will be applying for an NHS bursary, I might sound a bit stupid but does this mean the funding for the course or the other type of NHS bursary ?

Would be really grateful for someone to help me out with this I really don't have a clue what I'm doing :tongue:

So ive firmed a place... What do i do now? My college are more than
useless at helping with any of this!!
Reply 2392
Original post by Caitlinm

Hey :smile: I can try to help out from what I know?

Um where student finance ask if you'll be applying for a NHS bursary I think we put yes there and also I don't think that the tuition fees are means tested. What I do know though, is that they'll use the same form we submit for the tuition fees to decide how much NHS bursary we'll receive. :smile: hope that helps, and if it doesn't then just call them up! They answer very quickly :smile: (well, at least NHS bursary people do :tongue:)
Reply 2393
Original post by lloyd5
So ive firmed a place... What do i do now? My college are more than
useless at helping with any of this!!

Inreally don't think I can offer any helpfull advise on this as Im pretty clueless myself :tongue: I have just started to enter my details on my student finance user account which are pretty easy to set up if you just go to the direct.gov website.
Ill let you know of anything I find out about when I have called a few people and asked my college about it this week :smile:

Where have you firmed ?
Reply 2394
Original post by AksahQx
Hey :smile: I can try to help out from what I know?

Um where student finance ask if you'll be applying for a NHS bursary I think we put yes there and also I don't think that the tuition fees are means tested. What I do know though, is that they'll use the same form we submit for the tuition fees to decide how much NHS bursary we'll receive. :smile: hope that helps, and if it doesn't then just call them up! They answer very quickly :smile: (well, at least NHS bursary people do :tongue:)

thanks :smile: ill give it a go and see what happens :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi, I am a mature student with 3 offers for a September start but can't decide between them. None of them would have been my first choice but I never received an offer from my first choice. The offers are from Birmingham, Bournemouth and Plymouth, does anyone know which course is better or anyone going to any of these or had to choose between them??
Original post by peachcheeks
Yeah I think its a combination of seeing who firm/ insure/ reject their offers as well as seeing who are waiting for them, maybe people will cancel their application if they already have their favourites? Who knows? I think it was the 27th of february, yourself? :smile:

Yes, lets hope so! Mine was 21st November I believe :smile: Let me know if you hear anything and I'll obviously do the same, fingers crosssed!
Reply 2397
Hi Everyone!I'm interested in studying physiotherapy and I've been reading that you have to study biology at A2, which is fine. I'm predicted a B in it, if I were to get a B for biology, do you think this would be ok in terms of getting an offer? Any advice on entry would be appreciated!Thanks :smile:
Original post by DanBW
Hi Everyone!I'm interested in studying physiotherapy and I've been reading that you have to study biology at A2, which is fine. I'm predicted a B in it, if I were to get a B for biology, do you think this would be ok in terms of getting an offer? Any advice on entry would be appreciated!Thanks :smile:

Yeah... Most of the unis accept a B in biology, though some of the AAB universities may ask for an A, just depends really :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DanBW

You'll be fine! I'm predicted a B in biology and got offers from Southampton, Liverpool and Manchester met. I withdrew my application from UEA and was rejected from Nottingham! As long as you get good work experience, you will be fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest