The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7000
Original post by moneyballs2
Part-time or full-time?

I'm asking on behalf of somebody else.

Part-time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Hopefully those applying for full-time will find out soon.

Congrats by the way! (assuming you got the job, that is!) Waitrose is a really great place to work, I used to work there and then at John Lewis.
Reply 7002
Original post by moneyballs2
Thanks! Hopefully those applying for full-time will find out soon.

Congrats by the way! (assuming you got the job, that is!) Waitrose is a really great place to work, I used to work there and then at John Lewis.

Lol yeah I did thanks :smile: Looking forward to it!

Good luck to your friend! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please dont judge me but after having to leave my last job in care i have been out of work since xmas & durin that time i av developed depression & subsequently was smokin weed (i know its wrong but its the state iv been in) anyway today i recieved a phone call from waitrose offering me a job & i am really really happy as i can now see some light at the end of my dark tunnel but was informed i need to undertake a medical which udes a urine sample to detect things like diabetes & i am worried it will detect my canabis use. Like i said i know its wrong so i understand if nobody replies but this is the first moment of good news i have had in a year & i dont want the light at the end of my tunnel to dissappear before i even reach it. Sorry & hope u can help/advise
Original post by sir tom finney
Please dont judge me but after having to leave my last job in care i have been out of work since xmas & durin that time i av developed depression & subsequently was smokin weed (i know its wrong but its the state iv been in) anyway today i recieved a phone call from waitrose offering me a job & i am really really happy as i can now see some light at the end of my dark tunnel but was informed i need to undertake a medical which udes a urine sample to detect things like diabetes & i am worried it will detect my canabis use. Like i said i know its wrong so i understand if nobody replies but this is the first moment of good news i have had in a year & i dont want the light at the end of my tunnel to dissappear before i even reach it. Sorry & hope u can help/advise

I can't say I've ever heard of Waitrose doing urine testing. Are you 100% sure they said they want you to undertake a medical? Or did they just want medical details on a form?

I worked for the John Lewis Partnership for 2 years, and never ever came across anything like this.

In answer, honesty is the best policy if they are actively testing for it, which they legally will have to tell you
I've also never come across urine testing in the recruitment process. You have to fill in an OH form, and if anything is flagged up on that you will need to speak to an OT, but aside from that...

I agree with ^^ though; don't lie about anything. If they don't ask then you aren't obliged to say anything, but if you lie and the later find out, you could risk losing the job.
Original post by Gnome :)
I've also never come across urine testing in the recruitment process. You have to fill in an OH form, and if anything is flagged up on that you will need to speak to an OT, but aside from that...

I agree with ^^ though; don't lie about anything. If they don't ask then you aren't obliged to say anything, but if you lie and the later find out, you could risk losing the job.

Thank u for replyin, yes they informed me on the phone today that i will have to undertake a medical next week, i played dumb & asked what it entailed as i avnever had one b4 & he said they test height, weight, eye sight & il be required to provide a urine sample to test for things like diabetes but did not mention drugs or alcohol. Everythin else is fine its just the weed im worried about as i av been smokin it n & off for years but very frequently lately. The post is for warehouse partner in distribution, no drivin or fork lift drivin involved. I suppose i best lay off it & hope they dont inform me prior or on the day that they are dtectin for drugs as well!
Original post by sir tom finney
Thank u for replyin, yes they informed me on the phone today that i will have to undertake a medical next week, i played dumb & asked what it entailed as i avnever had one b4 & he said they test height, weight, eye sight & il be required to provide a urine sample to test for things like diabetes but did not mention drugs or alcohol. Everythin else is fine its just the weed im worried about as i av been smokin it n & off for years but very frequently lately. The post is for warehouse partner in distribution, no drivin or fork lift drivin involved. I suppose i best lay off it & hope they dont inform me prior or on the day that they are dtectin for drugs as well!

Ah maybe it's because it's a largely physical job; they don't require a full medical for instore roles afaik.

They are legally obliged to tell you what they're testing for and they need your permission to do it. They would only be able to detect it if they were directly testing for it, and a quick Google search tells me that it can be detected for up to 2 weeks after smoking it in heavy users.

Are you receiving any support to help you get off it/to help with the depression?
Original post by Young Hot Stalin
Our branch's is next month. Oh okay, do the under 18s drink too? Don't understand why people make a big deal about this evening... :confused:

Well technically the under 18s shouldn't be drinking should they?
It's the companies annual event where they share with partners how the partnership had done over the year and how the store itself has done, a celebration if you like so I guess it is a big deal in that sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i applied for waitrose on the may bank holiday how long till i get an interview most of the people at my school work there
Reply 7010
Hi everyone, I had an interview 3 weeks ago for a new store, I then got an email saying they were pleased with my interview and my application was now being considered further and they'll back to me in the next 2 weeks but it's been over 2 weeks now. Do you reckon my chance has gone or I should contact them?
Does anyone know what ID I need to apply for a second discount card? My partners ID/proof of address?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shay12
Hi everyone, I had an interview 3 weeks ago for a new store, I then got an email saying they were pleased with my interview and my application was now being considered further and they'll back to me in the next 2 weeks but it's been over 2 weeks now. Do you reckon my chance has gone or I should contact them?

Im assuming this was for the Greenwich store? When was your interview?

I received the same email. Called them yesterday they said they're still job matching and everyone should be updated by tomorrow (Friday).

My interview was on the 17th of April. Talk about taking over a month to get back to candidates!

However! 2 people that had interviews on the 15th of April received job offers. I guess we just have to wait.
Reply 7013
Original post by Study24/7

I received the same email. Called them yesterday they said they're still job matching and everyone should be updated by tomorrow (Friday).

My interview was on the 17th of April. Talk about taking over a month to get back to candidates!

However! 2 people that had interviews on the 15th of April received job offers. I guess we just have to wait.

Hi, yeah it is for the Greenwich store, my interview was on the 26th so I was abit confused as to why it had been taking so long! And maybe those 2 people's position differed from ours (assuming your a supermarket assistant aswell?)
We just have to keep our fingers crossed for tomorrow I guess then!
Reply 7014
Got offered interview a branch in Kensington for Monday, but I got an exam on that day, so I'm hoping they will reschedule.

Hoping to get a job back in John Lewis though. Supermarket work just... Ain't me.
Reply 7015
Original post by Shay12
Hi, yeah it is for the Greenwich store, my interview was on the 26th so I was abit confused as to why it had been taking so long! And maybe those 2 people's position differed from ours (assuming your a supermarket assistant aswell?)
We just have to keep our fingers crossed for tomorrow I guess then!

Heyy I was one of those 2 people. It was a supermarket assistant role aswell.
Good luck!
Reply 7016
Original post by .Missy
Heyy I was one of those 2 people. It was a supermarket assistant role aswell.
Good luck!

Oh Congratulations!! Do you mind me asking if you've started any training yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7017
Original post by Shay12
Oh Congratulations!! Do you mind me asking if you've started any training yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: Ermm no, but there's a 'admin partner' day next week to do paperwork and stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7018
Original post by .Missy
Thanks :smile: Ermm no, but there's a 'admin partner' day next week to do paperwork and stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh, okay that sounds good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Study24/7

Out of curiosity, where did you find out that two have heard back so far for that day? Did they say on the phone?

Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending