The Student Room Group

NHS Professionals - Care Support Worker interview

Hi, I have an interview for the post of Care Support Worker with NHS Professionals. In the email it says there will be a knowledge exam, does anyone know what this will consist of? Anybody currently working for NHS Professionals?
Original post by ajugofwater
Hi, I have an interview for the post of Care Support Worker with NHS Professionals. In the email it says there will be a knowledge exam, does anyone know what this will consist of? Anybody currently working for NHS Professionals?

Hey, did you pass the exam? I also had my exam some time at the beginning of this month, luckilly I passed. Have you started working? If so what is your experience and how much do they pay?
Reply 2
Hy everyone, I am a student and have applied for nhs professionals care support worker, I have been given an interview date for next week. Am soo nervous about this interview as It 2 hours long and their are two exams. Does any one out their knw what the exams are bout and if soo what kinda of question should I be expecting. Please please help I really need to get this job .. Thanks a million :smile:
Reply 3
Hi, I have afor the post of Care Support Worker with NHS Professionals. In the email it says there will be a knowledge exam, does anyone know what this will consist of? Anybody currently working for NHS Professionals?
I was so gutted that you need 3 months of NHS experience to apply for NHS professionals! Seriously need some bank work (as a HCA).

Good luck to you all.
NHS Unprofessionals. I would avoid them like the plague.
Reply 6
Original post by dollydaydream24
I was so gutted that you need 3 months of NHS experience to apply for NHS professionals! Seriously need some bank work (as a HCA).

Good luck to you all.

Try hospital nursing banks instead, some may take on people with no experience. Other than that, if you are studying nursing then your placement trust may have a fast track system in place to get student nurses on the bank. Mine did when I was training.
Original post by moonkatt
Try hospital nursing banks instead, some may take on people with no experience. Other than that, if you are studying nursing then your placement trust may have a fast track system in place to get student nurses on the bank. Mine did when I was training.

Hi,

Yeah the reason I wanted to get on the bank was so that I could start working while studying straightaway in September. I have 3 years experience working with children with special needs in every other setting but healthcare. I think I will just wait now, or join an agency and do shifts at my current workplace. Thanks for the advice.
Reply 8
Original post by dollydaydream24
Hi,

Yeah the reason I wanted to get on the bank was so that I could start working while studying straightaway in September. I have 3 years experience working with children with special needs in every other setting but healthcare. I think I will just wait now, or join an agency and do shifts at my current workplace. Thanks for the advice.

Hiya,

Some agencies do count that as care experience, you just have to shop about a bit. Mrs moonkatt managed it when she was looking for work. Just use language in the application to them that makes it sound like care, no doubt a lot of the stuff you did with special needs kids probably fell into that bracket.

Hope you find something. pm me if you want, I might be able to help with it :smile:
Ah thanks Mr and Mrs Moonkatt!

I'm going to email/ring all agencies in the area and see what happens. The ones I have enquired about have just asked me straight out if I have NHS experience. I know there is a similiar place to the place that I work for nearby who are under NHS. The actual hospital banks themselves have told me that they are not taking on any HCA's as they would prefer registered nurses and/or student nurses! Might have to blag and say I am a student nurse. (will be in 4 months!) I think you're right, it is probably using the right language. I'll chuck a few buzzwords in and see what happens!

Thanks again!
I had this assessment yesterday but did not pass I’ve rebooked back in can you help me with answers please?
I I have my interview soon and I'm worried about the exam, can I ask a rough idea on the questions I will be asked please
Original post by username380364
Hey, did you pass the exam? I also had my exam some time at the beginning of this month, luckilly I passed. Have you started working? If so what is your experience and how much do they pay?

Hi I have my interview soon and I'm starting to panic about the 15 math/English exam, Are you able to give a brief detail of the types of math questions I will be asked

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending