The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yoyox120
Yeah I did this BUT.....I ended up with EVERYTHING arranged already by the 5th pass -_-

I think I got that too, for the last pass it compared the lowest pair but did not swap them (I think)
Reply 21
35 or 36 extra snowboards?

Original post by Monotypical
I think I got that too, for the last pass it compared the lowest pair but did not swap them (I think)

I'm pretty sure I also got that :smile:
Original post by NJam
35 or 36 extra snowboards?

Fairly sure I put 35 (285 - 250)
Reply 23
Original post by cyianni
hahaha. Don't talk to me about snowboards or goddamn skis. Couldn't formulate one of the constraints so couldn't do the rest of the q :/
i can't really remember any answers except i think my minimum time for the cpa was 100mins ... And dijkstra .. I think the final box was 52 or something
hope it went well for everyone

got 100 and 52 !!
Reply 24
Original post by Monotypical
Fairly sure I put 35 (285 - 250)

same. I'm pretty sure 36 would've been beyond the point of intersection of y+x=600 and y>=1.1x. My friends disagreed though :/
Reply 25
Original post by yoyox120
i found it ...ergh..god. Why mei you -...........

Everything was fine..except the god damn algorithm. I mean what the flip is that?! F'real?! That's just stupid! I lost tons of marks on that for sure. Another thing i dropped marks on was the god damn simulation cos i forgot about waiting times and the linear programming i did the 1.1 skis= 1 snowboard line wrong :c

can a teacher tell us any idea what the grade boundaries are gonna be like? I predict maybe 56 for an a :/

ui feel the same wayy!!

Yh hopefulyl the grade boundair will be that low!!!!!
Original post by NJam
same. I'm pretty sure 36 would've been beyond the point of intersection of y+x=600 and y>=1.1x. My friends disagreed though :/

well, y was 315, so x could not have been 286 as it would make x + y = 601, but I can see why they might have put that because I think there was 285.6... something in there, and if they straight up rounded it they would have got 286 instead of 285
Reply 27
guys how may makrs was the algorthm question ?
Reply 28
Hi everyone

Done that exam too and have a quick question about LP- did any of you put 1.1y>=x for that inequality with y representing pairs of skis and x representing snowboards?
Reply 29
This was an absolute disaster for me. What did everyone get the LP question to? I got 29000 at the intersection of the lines x+y=600 and y = 500, but I'm not sure it was right.
Reply 30
Original post by louci
guys how may makrs was the algorthm question ?

8 marks, 6 for the first part and 2 for the second
Reply 31
Original post by JackVM
8 marks, 6 for the first part and 2 for the second

oaky koool thanks lol!!
Reply 32
Original post by JackVM
This was an absolute disaster for me. What did everyone get the LP question to? I got 29000 at the intersection of the lines x+y=600 and y = 500, but I'm not sure it was right.

got the same !
Reply 33
Original post by louci
got the same !

That's a relief. I really hope the grade boundaries are low, I messed up and had to redo the CPA question twice on new paper because I accidentally filled in some values wrong
Reply 34
Actually- i think that inequality is now wrong-hopefully only one mark lost seeing as I weirdly plotted the inequality y>= 1.1x

Hope everyone did well on this exam:smile:
Reply 35
Original post by JackVM
That's a relief. I really hope the grade boundaries are low, I messed up and had to redo the CPA question twice on new paper because I accidentally filled in some values wrong

ypu man i realyl do ..coz i messed up the algorithm part ..so like 8 marks and then the last part of simulation ..that was..hmm 2 marks..and ......hmmm...the 2 maker for graphs ..wth was the graph question part 2 ???!!
Reply 36
Original post by louci
got the same !

got the same as well
Reply 37
How did you find the simulation question?
Original post by JT201

A little tedious and confusing, but I got there in the end.
It probably didn't help that I started out by writing the arrival time as the interval time first (not adding the interval to the previous arrival time) then made everything look very messy. Oh well.
Reply 39
Original post by JT201

simulation the last 2 part was kinda confusing ..

Latest

Trending

Trending