The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by louci
ypu man i realyl do ..coz i messed up the algorithm part ..so like 8 marks and then the last part of simulation ..that was..hmm 2 marks..and ......hmmm...the 2 maker for graphs ..wth was the graph question part 2 ???!!

It was asking you to draw a graph, and then treat the regions of the graph like a new map and then draw the graph of this new map, if that makes sense
Reply 41
Original post by JackVM
It was asking you to draw a graph, and then treat the regions of the graph like a new map and then draw the graph of this new map, if that makes sense

hmm well i di it ..but i dont think i did it right ..it said to number the regions which kinda confused me ..how did u draw urs ?
Reply 42
Original post by louci
hmm well i di it ..but i dont think i did it right ..it said to number the regions which kinda confused me ..how did u draw urs ?

It said it was planar, so four vertices, all connected to every other verticex, with none of the lines crossing. That's what I put anyway, I'm not sure it's right
Reply 43
Original post by JackVM
It said it was planar, so four vertices, all connected to every other verticex, with none of the lines crossing. That's what I put anyway, I'm not sure it's right

are u talknig about part 2 ....hm.m.. oaky koooll ..yh i know messed up on that lol

but the others were okay.. did u find this paper easier than jan13?
Reply 44
Original post by louci
are u talknig about part 2 ....hm.m.. oaky koooll ..yh i know messed up on that lol

Yeah, I think so, I can't remember too great though

This was the hardest paper I've tried, I've never been so stressed in an exam
(edited 10 years ago)
It took me so long to understand the algorithm, haha I think I got the swaps and comparisons numbers wrong :/ I liked the LP, CPA and simulations. I love cascade diagrams idk why.. ! anyway I know I didn't do that well but I'm confident with c1 and c2 so hopefully this grade won't bring down my overall AS maths grade hahah :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
does this look right for the lp question
d1.png
Original post by skyblu
d1.png

looks about right, assuming Y is skis and X is snowboards, but the line for y > 1.1x looks off to me, when there are 200 snowboards (x) there should be >200 skis, and at the moment when there are 200 snowboards there are <200 skis
Reply 48
Original post by skyblu
d1.png

same as above, you've drawn the line 11y>10x, the coefficients should be the other way around.
Reply 49
Original post by NJam
same as above, you've drawn the line 11y>10x, the coefficients should be the other way around.

no i done it wrong, i did 1.1y>x
Reply 50
Original post by NJam

are u sure, btw i got the paper
Original post by skyblu

If you could post it I'm sure there'd be an army of people grateful for it
Reply 52
Original post by skyblu

I'd very much appreciate it if you could upload a scan of it so I can check my answers
Reply 53
Original post by skyblu
no i done it wrong, i did 1.1y>x

11y>10x is the same as 1.1y>x

Original post by skyblu

I'm fairly sure. You've taken y to be skis, and there should be more skis than snowboards at any point on that line, but the opposite is true for your graph.
Reply 54
001.jpg
Reply 55
Remember that both answers y<1.1x or 1.1y<x can be right! it just depends on which way round you defined your variables.
So has anyone got an answer for iii)? I put it as 6 euros per snowboard but I see now that I misinterpreted the question, and even that's wrong then
Reply 57
did anyone get 95 for earliest finshing time in Question 4ii
Original post by skyblu
did anyone get 95 for earliest finshing time in Question 4ii

I do believe I got 100
Reply 59
Original post by Monotypical
So has anyone got an answer for iii)? I put it as 6 euros per snowboard but I see now that I misinterpreted the question, and even that's wrong then

I think 10 euros

Latest

Trending

Trending