The Student Room Group

GCSE Modern World History : Germany *~ GCSE : 10th JUNE 2013 ~*

There was no thread for this exam, so yeah. How many of you do History?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You can also discuss this in the current year 11 thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2348263 as well as here.
Reply 2
Anyone sitting this exam? I need help.
Im doing this exam, quite easily apparently i heard know pretty much all the dates.
(edited 10 years ago)
Learn the content and do the past papers, then mark them.
So, you see what you are doing wrong and what you need to do to get a higher mark. Also, look at the mark scheme so you know what to include in each question. It's not really a hard exam, if you do lots of practice.
Reply 5
Anyone have the Jan2013 QP and MS? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Fabz_x
Anyone have the Jan2013 QP and MS? :smile:

I, too, would like to know any questions/topics that came up in January. Anyone?
Reply 7
Original post by CD223
I, too, would like to know any questions/topics that came up in January. Anyone?

I dont think we can access them from the website, only teachers.. :frown:

How's revision going?
Reply 8
Original post by Fabz_x
I dont think we can access them from the website, only teachers.. :frown:

How's revision going?

Oh :/ and rather good I suppose, I'm just thankful it's a morning exam! Do you have the Ben Walsh revision guide? That's what I'm reading - it's very good for summarising everything. Just hope there isn't too much on Nazi domestic policies! How about you? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by CD223
Oh :/ and rather good I suppose, I'm just thankful it's a morning exam! Do you have the Ben Walsh revision guide? That's what I'm reading - it's very good for summarising everything. Just hope there isn't too much on Nazi domestic policies! How about you? :smile:

No i dont:frown: argh, am i missing out?

Yeah, It's going good -
Do you mind helping me with a question? - ''Why did trade unionists oppose the Nazis?''
Reply 10
Original post by Fabz_x
No i dont:frown: argh, am i missing out?

Yeah, It's going good -
Do you mind helping me with a question? - ''Why did trade unionists oppose the Nazis?''

It's rather good, but with resources such as BBC Bitesize these days I wouldn't say you were missing out on a great deal; the history doesn't change depending on the book you have either way, haha!
Regarding your question, is it from a past paper? If so it would be interesting to know the marks available.

In my answer I would just make the point that trade unionists were the exact opposites in terms of ideas and mindsets to the Nazis. Hitler didn't like the idea of workers having too much power because it was a more left wing approach, whereas the Nazis were fascists. Because Hitler wanted to strip the workers of their rights by banning unions and making strikes illegal, trade unions opposed the Nazis, leading to them being abolished and officials being sent to concentration camps from May 1933 onwards.
I did this last year: Weimar, Nazi & Vietnam. I wrote pages in that exam, with an additional booklet and got a C, so its quality not quantity! My advice would be, know your dates cos they'll back up your argument even though there's loads of them and always strive to give alternative intepretations
Original post by Fabz_x
''Why did trade unionists oppose the Nazis?''

Trade Unions were organisations that protects ad spoke up for the rights of the workers and they objected the type of aggressive industrial management under the Nazis. The Nazis would not tolerate any interference in the running of the industry from the unions therefore, in 1933, all trade unions were banned and it was compulsory for all the works to belong to the German Labour Front (DAF) which was a giant form of Propaganda which organised the activities of German workers in the interests of the Nazi regime. However, a number of trade unionists were imprisoned.

I hope this helped :smile:

PF
Reply 13
Original post by CD223
It's rather good, but with resources such as BBC Bitesize these days I wouldn't say you were missing out on a great deal; the history doesn't change depending on the book you have either way, haha!
Regarding your question, is it from a past paper? If so it would be interesting to know the marks available.

In my answer I would just make the point that trade unionists were the exact opposites in terms of ideas and mindsets to the Nazis. Hitler didn't like the idea of workers having too much power because it was a more left wing approach, whereas the Nazis were fascists. Because Hitler wanted to strip the workers of their rights by banning unions and making strikes illegal, trade unions opposed the Nazis, leading to them being abolished and officials being sent to concentration camps from May 1933 onwards.

Ah, hahah that's true.
Erm, no its not.. sorry.

Thank youuu, that helped :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by PINKFLEUR
Trade Unions were organisations that protects ad spoke up for the rights of the workers and they objected the type of aggressive industrial management under the Nazis. The Nazis would not tolerate any interference in the running of the industry from the unions therefore, in 1933, all trade unions were banned and it was compulsory for all the works to belong to the German Labour Front (DAF) which was a giant form of Propaganda which organised the activities of German workers in the interests of the Nazi regime. However, a number of trade unionists were imprisoned.

I hope this helped :smile:

PF

Yes it did, thank you so much :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by Fabz_x
Ah, hahah that's true.
Erm, no its not.. sorry.

Thank youuu, that helped :biggrin:

Glad to hear it! Hope all goes well for you, and indeed everyone else tomorrow!
Are people going to discuss the exam afterwards on this thread? :smile: I haven't seen any other threads for this exam actually...
Reply 16
Original post by CD223
Glad to hear it! Hope all goes well for you, and indeed everyone else tomorrow!
Are people going to discuss the exam afterwards on this thread? :smile: I haven't seen any other threads for this exam actually...

Thank you - You too :smile:

Yeah, hope to. I know, Not many people do the History GCSE.
johndclare.net
Reply 18
How did people find the exam? :biggrin:
I didn't get enough time to conclude the last question. So annoyed :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending