ligase
transformed
antibiotics
Dna probes

Same as me :smile: except I put DNA ligase and just probes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2741
Original post by suncake
Found that paper pretty nice - the long questions were on things I had revised, and there were nearly 30 marks total just for matching up letters/numbers to things! I did misinterpret the 'primary consumers to humans' question though, and started talking about primary productivity instead :facepalm:

Anyone reckon "pick fleas out of dog's fur" would get a mark? I obviously have no idea how to de-flea dogs. :tongue:

Hahaha I wrote the same for the fleas. I don't have pets and I know nothing about vets :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So do A* boundries change too?
Original post by s.shahid
for fill in the gaps i put
gene
ligase
transformed
antibiotics
Dna probes

this is exactly what I put too!! :biggrin:
Original post by suncake
Found that paper pretty nice - the long questions were on things I had revised, and there were nearly 30 marks total just for matching up letters/numbers to things! I did misinterpret the 'primary consumers to humans' question though, and started talking about primary productivity instead :facepalm:

Anyone reckon "pick fleas out of dog's fur" would get a mark? I obviously have no idea how to de-flea dogs. :tongue:

Its the same thing buddy! Neither did I :L
Original post by Tania2k9
it was such a tough paper in the fill in the gap question i put transgenic/transformed will they accept the first answer only?

they both are correct so you will get the mark
Reply 2746
What did everyone get got the number question ?
Reply 2747
what did everyone put for the difference in plant and mammalian hormones? i was so confused...
Reply 2748
Original post by pak1994
Add up all of your UMS from AS and F214. Then take this away from 480 (UMS boundary for A).

including coursework too right?
Reply 2749
peeeeeepppsss

if u guys are plannig to make an official mark scheme ..i ma ready to provide the qs i can remember !
Original post by s.shahid
what did everyone put for the difference in plant and mammalian hormones? i was so confused...

The way they're transported, Their structure and their place of production I put. not too sure tbh :s-smilie:
Original post by Baymmm
did anyone else put the bar chart with intermediates as continuous?

Do you mean the chart with three bars? I'm pretty sure that'd be discontinuous, as they are discrete categories. The chart with the bell curve was continuous, as there were no distinct categories, just a range of values.
Original post by Hannburger
So do A* boundries change too?

A* boundary is based on 90% UMS, which will depend on what the other grade boundaries are like, so yes they do.
Reply 2753
yeah thats what i thought although I saw that someone said that the bar chart one was discontinuous but just showed codominance or something?
Its in the textbook....any organism with 2 different dna is known as transgenic.
I put
Gene
DNA Ligase
Transgenic
Antibiotics
DNA Probes
Reply 2755
Original post by neldee95
Its in the textbook....any organism with 2 different dna is known as transgenic.
I put
Gene
DNA Ligase
Transgenic
Antibiotics
DNA Probes

Woo exactly the same :biggrin:
Original post by suncake

I said use tweezers and a magnifying glass...

They may have wanted you to use a comb? They tend to like you mentioning equipment for those questions (tape measure, quadrats etc.) so maybe there would be a mark for something like that.

I found that whole question a bit odd - especially the whole kill them and count the survivors bit :mwuaha:
Original post by miiroseh
including coursework too right?

Yep. So add up F211, F212, AS ISA UMS, F214 to give total. You could guess what your A2 ISA work will be and then take from 480 this to give the F215 mark you need. (Sorry, I wasn't clear the first time :ashamed:)
Does anybody think getting 83/100 and full ums on f214get me a*? what was needed to get A*on bio in jan 2013 f215 I got full ums on jan 2013 f214
Original post by eliza3
Did anybody mention using Chi squared to evaluate the hypothesis for the flea question?

I thought about this, but I just couldn't think of a way of finding out the expected values of phenotypes :s-smilie: I did scribble down something like "the chi-squared test could be used" but didn't really finish it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending