The Student Room Group

REVISION : F215 Biology OCR- 11th June 2013 - Control, Genomes and Environment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2760
Original post by chriswebster94
Do you mean the chart with three bars? I'm pretty sure that'd be discontinuous, as they are discrete categories. The chart with the bell curve was continuous, as there were no distinct categories, just a range of values.

ah dammit i thought it was continuous because it had intermediate values!
Original post by neldee95
Its in the textbook....any organism with 2 different dna is known as transgenic.
I put
Gene
DNA Ligase
Transgenic
Antibiotics
DNA Probes

I put Dye for the last one, what do you reckon.... I've seen it before in mark schemes.
Original post by s.shahid
what did everyone put for the difference in plant and mammalian hormones? i was so confused...

I put that animal hormones are secreted from glands, they pass through the blood and they are more specific.
Reply 2763
right qs i remember
QUESTION 1
-lactase immobilises enzymes --2 marker
QUESTION 2
was it the elbow join q ?--3 marker

ERMMM I DONT REMEMBER WHICH IS WHICH LOL SO I WILL JUST STATE

q) how are plant hormones different from animal hormomnes
q) why can steroid hormoes diffuse through cell membranes
q) the fleas qs
q)autonomic system q
q) discontinous and continous 2 aprt qs : one with which is which and the otehr with numbers .....
q) meiosis table
q)why is there 2 division in meiosis
q) the difference btween phylogenitic and species biolgoyical concepts
q) what is the data on plants telling on the nature of scientif knowledge
q) the table with the biolgioicla proceeses stopped on slowed down
Its in the textbook....any organism with 2 different dna is known as transgenic.
I put
Gene
DNA Ligase
Transgenic
Antibiotics
DNA Probes

i think i put allele for the first one, transformed instead of transgenic and then replica plate instead of dna probe... surprisingly difficult for a 'fill in the blanks' question
Reply 2765
What did people put for the first question? And the one about using plants from modern botanical gardens? The question on variation and matching the numbers was so horrible :frown:
Reply 2766
what did people put for the autonomic nervous system question?
For the last one it said a molecule that binds directly to the DNA, but in the lac operon lactose doesn't bind to the DNA it binds to the repressor protein first? Which isn't the DNA... :s-smilie:
Original post by nothepreacher
Does anybody think getting 83/100 and full ums on f214get me a*? what was needed to get A*on bio in jan 2013 f215 I got full ums on jan 2013 f214

It might. You need an A overall and at least 90% UMS in the A2 modules.
Unfortunately OCR don't give the A* grade boundaries :angry:
Reply 2769
Original post by Student-Andrew
they both are correct so you will get the mark

thank you for that, and i wanted to ask for the effect of mutation, i think was 2 marks, i referred to amino acid sequence, primary structure, tertiary structure and the proteins function. Is that likely to be right if in correct context,

For the first exxay nervous system questioni hope got 8 marks i talked about structure; e.g. autonomic nerbous system consists on non-myelinated neurones, connections to effectors consist of at least 2 neurones. Then i described and name both sub divided systems, ,e,g, neurotransmitter release also i strongly linked the sympathetic nervous sytem ot the fight or flight reponse. how about you?
thanks
Reply 2770
I put that animal hormones are secreted from glands, they pass through the blood and they are more specific.

mhm i said in mammals made in endocrine glands, transported to target tissue whereas in plants the hormones can be used in the same place from where they were produced and just about transportation like how it moves through diffusion active transport and mass flow etc.
Reply 2771
Original post by itsmehello
For the last one it said a molecule that binds directly to the DNA, but in the lac operon lactose doesn't bind to the DNA it binds to the repressor protein first? Which isn't the DNA... :s-smilie:

RNA polymerase binds to DNA???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2772
Original post by itsmehello

the repressor protein is the molecule in this case which binds to the operon which is bacterial dna :smile:
What did everyone put for the brain functions i was confused on the last 2.
I got -
Medulla oblongata (cannot remember letters)
Pitruitary gland
Cerebellum (controlling walking as an adult)
Cerebrum (controlling somatic responses)
Original post by Alaafia
What did everyone get got the number question ?

if i remember, for the bottom two i put 4, 6 and for the top 3, 7 but was confused myself
Reply 2775
Original post by pak1994
Yep. So add up F211, F212, AS ISA UMS, F214 to give total. You could guess what your A2 ISA work will be and then take from 480 this to give the F215 mark you need. (Sorry, I wasn't clear the first time :ashamed:)

thankyou :')
Original post by MrMeep2580
Its the same thing buddy! Neither did I :L

I was the same, I put "use a fine-toothed comb" :')
I wanted to put that but I thought only DNA sequences worked with probes, not whole bacteria?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Filling the blanks, why the fudge did i put ampicillin:angry:
Original post by SoRo
RNA polymerase binds to DNA???

Posted from TSR Mobile

The operator is on the dna strand

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending