The Student Room Group

PlayStation 4 will be cheaper than Xbox One: which will you buy?

Scroll to see replies

I would definitely choose a PS4 over the Xbox one
Reply 121
Seriously let down after realizing to play online, you have to pay on the ps4. Someone tell me this is a rumour! :frown:

Guess ill stick with my ps3.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 122
Original post by Mr Smurf
When Sony said they would not do it everyone thought that there was no way Microsoft would since it would be suicidal. But they have surprised us for the worse.

Everyone is laughing at Xbox one's TV and non gaming related features but I really think that if they didn't screw up with second hand market and the online requirement, it would have been an interesting battle for sales. If I had the money for some of the services compatible with Xbox one, I would of loved it.
Dislike in consoles has a chain effect though as if all your friends are getting PS4, you are not exactly going to say I don't want to play with you, I'm getting an Xbox.

I still think there is time for Microsoft to realise their mistake, but they have to change it before release as then would be too late.
Well, that price point has killed half my interest in Xbox One. Throw in a couple of games and that's half a grand.
It's a shame, because the games and entertainment options are great.
310 vs 17

Haha PS4 dominates in the vote. Speaks volumes I guess.
PS4 by a landslide. Sony have won this gen before they even release.
My wallet and my aversion to privacy invasion and corporate consumer control cannot justify myself buying an Xbox One, not even with the prospect of a next-gen Halo. PS4 for me and Destiny will have to fill the Master Chief sized hole in me....
Reply 127
What date is ps4 coming out roughly? I know the xbox one is coming out this november
The one that won't be watching me while I masturbate.
Original post by Stevo F
I don't fit in the poll, gunna change straight up to the ps4 from the ps2 :mmm:

Seems like a good idea :awesome:
I would buy the PS4, but you have to pay for online.
NEWSFLASH. XBOX HAS SOLD OUT on Amazon! :biggrin: Guess what, PS3, Has not!!
Original post by slickrick666999

Cool story.

The PS4 is the top pre-ordered item on Shopto. Followed by the Xbox One and then a bunch of PS4 games.
Original post by slickrick666999

Tbh i wouldn't expect the PS3, a 7 year old device to be selling out right now.
Original post by Naami
OMG is this true?! I was looking into a region free blu ray player but if the PS4 has this then I may as well swipe one up

The PS4 is 100% region-free.

Same as the PS3.

Wow look at the homepage on here..

http://n4g.com/

Almost entirely PS4 related :tongue:
Reply 135
Original post by scapepower
I have a laptop, ig-3210 3.1ghz
ge force 630m

it is an average laptop, yet i can play skyrim on ultra + mod it.

The laptop needs to be good, but nothing out of the ordinary if you get me?

Console games are great though, and it is worth buying one. I might by a ps4 myself.

speaking of which, i too need a new pc. this one's annoying and gets pretty hot. also, AMD are coming out with a 5ghz processor
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 136
Is it true that for PS4 we have to pay to play online? :eek:
Original post by Jaydude
Seriously let down after realizing to play online, you have to pay on the ps4. Someone tell me this is a rumour! :frown:

Guess ill stick with my ps3.

To the both of you..

Buy a PS4, get a PS+ Subscription, it comes with DriveClub for FREE! - That already pays for your subscription by itself. Over the course of the next 12 months, you'll be inundated with 65 free games on PS3, PSVita and PS4. So you're not losing anything.

Unless of course you don't like any of the 65 games that they'll give you :tongue:

Original post by Alex-Torres
I would buy the PS4, but you have to pay for online.
Original post by Tackla
Is it true that for PS4 we have to pay to play online? :eek:

Yes, but the PS+ subscription nullifies this issue as the amount of value contained in it would be ridiculous to pass up on.
Original post by Spontogical
Yes, but the PS+ subscription nullifies this issue as the amount of value contained in it would be ridiculous to pass up on.

Any idea how much it would be yearly?

Quick Reply

Latest