The Student Room Group

Wjec Psychology PY3 & PY4 thread

Scroll to see replies

Good luck everyone :smile: I hope the paper goes your way!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's time like this where I wish I learnt more than the predicted essays!!! Anyway good luck everyone, if the predicted essays don't come up, I will be thinking of you!! Hahh, good luck!!
Good luck everyone!!! Lets hope predicted questions come up
Well 2/4 predicted essays came up which I think I answered almost perfectly - Profiling and Schizophrenia. The other two answers I think were scrappy for me, maybe about 10 marks each, but the grade boundaries are so low in this exam I'm sure I did fine.

No more exams!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeah, thanks for the predictions Miracle Day. I think I answered Offender Profiling and Treatments for SZ relatively well. I did the free will question for controversies aswell which was quite easy imo. The only question I really struggled with was the role of genetic factors on intelligence. It was one of the only ones I didn't even have any notes on :s-smilie: I'll probably scrape 8-10marks on it. How did everyone else do? :P
Also, I was extremely shocked that status of psychology as a science didn't appear!
Hope everyone had a good exam this morning!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
BUZZZZINGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Miracle Day
Well 2/4 predicted essays came up which I think I answered almost perfectly - Profiling and Schizophrenia. The other two answers I think were scrappy for me, maybe about 10 marks each, but the grade boundaries are so low in this exam I'm sure I did fine.

No more exams!!

Pretty good predictions. Did you remember names for offender profiling evaluation studies? I just made up names but remembered all the evaluation. Well I only need 50/90 to get an A so I'm feeling I got that :biggrin: I'm free of work.
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
Pretty good predictions. Did you remember names for offender profiling evaluation studies? I just made up names but remembered all the evaluation. Well I only need 50/90 to get an A so I'm feeling I got that :biggrin: I'm free of work.

Yeah I remembered all the names Thank God. :biggrin:

An A for me is pretty much out of the question, but I started feeling the fear of possibly getting a A*A and a C in Psychology which scared me, so I'm just relieved to think I've probably got a B :biggrin:
3/4 ain't bad woohoo! Praying I've got a D so I can get an overall C!! Chuffinggggg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 411
All the essays that I predicted came
Up ☺ couldn't be happier although I forgot names :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fats_12
All the essays that I predicted came
Up ☺ couldn't be happier although I forgot names :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyway else just make up names? I did since :b
Reply 413
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
Anyway else just make up names? I did since :b

Hahaha I did and in some cases just wrote a psychologist. Some figures I made up as well 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hardly said any names. I just said things like "research suggests that blah blah blah" :P
Reply 415
Can anyone tell me what the required UMS marks or RAW marks usually are for an A, B and C grade please? or where I can find this info. thanks :smile:
Original post by failing1
Can anyone tell me what the required UMS marks or RAW marks usually are for an A, B and C grade please? or where I can find this info. thanks :smile:

http://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/default.aspx
Massive sigh of relief when I opened the paper and none of the question I hadn't revised came up :tongue:. Fairly happy with the questions that came up, the actual writing didn't go so well- probably would have been a better idea to actually practise writing the answers out rather than just learn the plans. Well shall see in a couple of months how it went.

So weird after two years no more psychology :tongue: what is this craziness :biggrin:
Original post by Coconutter
Massive sigh of relief when I opened the paper and none of the question I hadn't revised came up :tongue:. Fairly happy with the questions that came up, the actual writing didn't go so well- probably would have been a better idea to actually practise writing the answers out rather than just learn the plans. Well shall see in a couple of months how it went.

So weird after two years no more psychology :tongue: what is this craziness :biggrin:

It's so weird not having to do A Level Psychology anymore! Gunna miss all the great people I studied with and my teachers :frown: although I get to enter into a whole new realm of Psychology come September :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shannon3821
It's so weird not having to do A Level Psychology anymore! Gunna miss all the great people I studied with and my teachers :frown: although I get to enter into a whole new realm of Psychology come September :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh taking it at Uni then :smile:?

Quick Reply