The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Uni - Firmed Offers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheAlienHooker
Just a couple of miles from Middleton, in Whitefield.

Not far at all, at least it wasn't Rochdale lol. If you need to know anything about Glasgow in general let me know and ill try and answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 241
Original post by GlenGostlow
Sorry about the late reply! We decide the extra subjects in the first week when we arrive at Glasgow. Apparently we sit down with our adviser of studies and we go through what we want to study and consider timetable constraints - that's pretty much what they said when I emailed and asked :smile:

Ah OK, I'm really not sure yet how I am getting there. I think my Dad thinks he is driving! I would be open to flying and getting my stuff sent to me - do you have a link or website for a good courier service?

oh wow, that's such a good system in sitting down with someone and discussing your extra subjects!
No, I haven't really looked too much into yet, just done a google search sort of thing, but it's around £15 for a 30kg box and then somewhere I looked had a buy two get one free sort of deal, there's tonnes out there though!
Original post by pajeee
oh wow, that's such a good system in sitting down with someone and discussing your extra subjects!
No, I haven't really looked too much into yet, just done a google search sort of thing, but it's around £15 for a 30kg box and then somewhere I looked had a buy two get one free sort of deal, there's tonnes out there though!

Unless they've changed it from last year you should be able to sort out your timetable using mycampus in August.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emily_Jane
That's lucky you stay close to the uni :smile: and yeah I'm staying in Winton halls :biggrin:

Yeah it's not too bad! Ah nice one! 😊
Original post by JOHNJAMESSWIFT
Hey! I'm taking French and Spanish and hopefully Italian as my third! :smile:

Hey! Ah nice one! I'm still undecided on my other two 😔
Reply 245
Advanced :smile: what about you? :smile: have you decided on another two subjects? I can't decide haha

Hi, I'm doing french advanced too! :smile: Do you know where we choose the level?
Original post by LizzR
Hi, I'm doing french advanced too! :smile: Do you know where we choose the level?

Hi :smile: and I have no idea! haha Maybe they already know what level we are in from our sqa results? :smile: Have you thought about what you want to do for your other subjects? :smile: Are you going into halls? :smile:
Original post by Alison Lannon
Hey! Ah nice one! I'm still undecided on my other two ������

start another language!! They're the best aha! :smile: what are you thinking of taking? I was going to take sociology but didn't want to lose my Italian!

So, are you from Glasgow? :smile:
I've applied for a joint degree in Economics and Business & Management, although I am not entirely sure I want to continue the latter after my first year. I was hoping to switch to Mathematics or Statistics. Is it going to possible?

Thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 249
Original post by niaphonic
I'll be studying Veterinary Medicine, most other vet students seem to be going for Wolfson but I wanted self-catered, and just to get to know a real mix of people! what will you be studying?

VetMed, that's cool! I'll be studying Neuroscience. Perhaps we'll share some of the bioscience modules. I think self-catered is a much better way of getting to know great people. Where are you from?
start another language!! They're the best aha! :smile: what are you thinking of taking? I was going to take sociology but didn't want to lose my Italian!

So, are you from Glasgow? :smile:

Ah I'm not sure, would be really difficult starting another language from start! Yeah I'm taking sociology aswell, I love it! Aw Italian is a beautiful language though! I've no idea what to take for my other subject though! No I'm from Stirling, how about you? :-)
Original post by pashton
VetMed, that's cool! I'll be studying Neuroscience. Perhaps we'll share some of the bioscience modules. I think self-catered is a much better way of getting to know great people. Where are you from?

Yeah it'll be interesting to see whether we share any first year modules with others, It would be cool if we do.
I'm from London, so a long journey awaits me! can't wait to move up though, kind of had enough of London.
Where are you from?
Reply 252
Hi :smile: and I have no idea! haha Maybe they already know what level we are in from our sqa results? :smile: Have you thought about what you want to do for your other subjects? :smile: Are you going into halls? :smile:

What are sqa results? I took the IB, so I don't know how it would compare :P Maybe we choose when we're there? I applied sociology and french, and I have no idea about third subject! It's so hard to choose! How about you? Yeah, I don't live in the UK, so I'm going into halls - I just got my results today, so I'll find out soon where I'm going to be staying. Are you going into halls? :smile:
Original post by Alison Lannon
Ah I'm not sure, would be really difficult starting another language from start! Yeah I'm taking sociology aswell, I love it! Aw Italian is a beautiful language though! I've no idea what to take for my other subject though! No I'm from Stirling, how about you? :-)

I suppose yeah! But it would be worth it! :smile: aw you're so lucky, I wish I could take 4 subjects aha! Yeah, it's difficult to decide if you aren't 100% from the start I suppose, there's so many different things!
Ah cool! I'm from Glasgow so it's handy for me :smile: btw, you on facebook? Would be good to get to know someone on the course befor starting aha? :smile:
Original post by LizzR
What are sqa results? I took the IB, so I don't know how it would compare :P Maybe we choose when we're there? I applied sociology and french, and I have no idea about third subject! It's so hard to choose! How about you? Yeah, I don't live in the UK, so I'm going into halls - I just got my results today, so I'll find out soon where I'm going to be staying. Are you going into halls? :smile:

sqa is the Scottish exam system :smile: I think in the first week we have a meeting with an advisor to sort out a timetable so maybe everything will be sorted then about what class we are in :biggrin: I would like to do another language but still can't decide on my third subject :\ Where are you from? :smile: Yeah I'm staying in Winton Drive halls :biggrin:
Reply 255
Original post by niaphonic
Yeah it'll be interesting to see whether we share any first year modules with others, It would be cool if we do.
I'm from London, so a long journey awaits me! can't wait to move up though, kind of had enough of London.
Where are you from?

Yeah London is nice but it can get crowded. I'm from Sweden but have British heritage, so I'm really looking forward to moving to the UK. Vetmed sounds like a great programme! I'll see you around Winton.
I suppose yeah! But it would be worth it! :smile: aw you're so lucky, I wish I could take 4 subjects aha! Yeah, it's difficult to decide if you aren't 100% from the start I suppose, there's so many different things!
Ah cool! I'm from Glasgow so it's handy for me :smile: btw, you on facebook? Would be good to get to know someone on the course befor starting aha? :smile:

Yeah hopefully I'll decide soon! Aw that's good then, wish I stayed a bit closer haha, yeah I am just search Alison Lannon aha :-)
Reply 257
sqa is the Scottish exam system :smile: I think in the first week we have a meeting with an advisor to sort out a timetable so maybe everything will be sorted then about what class we are in :biggrin: I would like to do another language but still can't decide on my third subject :\ Where are you from? :smile: Yeah I'm staying in Winton Drive halls :biggrin:

Oh, that's so good we get to meet with an advisor. I'd be lost otherwise! I was thinking maybe psychology or history because they go quite well with sociology, but I'm not sure yet. How do you know where you're staying already? I'm from Australia - where are you from?
Original post by LizzR
Oh, that's so good we get to meet with an advisor. I'd be lost otherwise! I was thinking maybe psychology or history because they go quite well with sociology, but I'm not sure yet. How do you know where you're staying already? I'm from Australia - where are you from?

History seems interesting :biggrin: and I applied once I got an offer from the university :smile: if you have unconditional/conditional offer you just apply now :smile: Unconditionals after they apply should receive information in about a week or two and people who have conditionals are allocated accommodation once they receive their results :smile: Cool :smile: I've never been to Australia but would like to go someday :smile: and I'm from a small town called Bo'ness about 30 mins outside of Edinburgh :smile:
Reply 259
Hello :smile:. Firmed Neuroscience and applied for accommodation in Murano. I'm from Ireland.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending