The Student Room Group
Original post by MrSupernova
That's fine for front counter and drive thru staff, but I wouldn't even consider wearing my shoes outside of work because of all the grease etc that gets on them from being in the kitchen!

Saddle soap and leather food keeps them looking as good as new, it's only really the toes you need to do so takes seconds :smile:
Reply 9981
Original post by study beats
polite, courteous and nice? i am none of those things, i would probably troll all the customers that i serve...

also i dont see what your point is...i think i am too good to work at McDonalds and being a student i will be fussy....i am sorry, but i cant work at McDonalds having known i am being mocked by my co-workers, parents and the girls watching me

You obviously don't need money then and I hope all future interviewers see sense and 'troll' you. ****.
Reply 9982
Original post by NatalieRamsden
I've never actually had shoes from there. I prefer to buy mine for a tenner from ShoeZone as I find they last me 5 minutes no matter how much I spend on them. Haha! I'm a typical student :wink: x

Ah I would but we don't have a ShoeZone nearby :frown: and hmm my mum is offering to put £20 towards whatever shoes I do get as a little congratulations/job warming present as it's my first job haha and thus I feel like at £20 the S4C will be a bargain? Idk x
Reply 9983
if i go for the OJE at McDonalds and do the interview....but i still dont want the job afterwards..can i decline it?

also if i work at McDonalds will i be made fun of by my co-workers? how old are the people that work there

You can quit anytime during your probationary period so even if you do take the job you can leave anyway.
Original post by curved
You obviously don't need money then and I hope all future interviewers see sense and 'troll' you. ****.

i do need money so desperately, just not big mac money...dont want satans money

future interviewers will see the real dedicated man i am
Original post by MrBuck
You can quit anytime during your probationary period so even if you do take the job you can leave anyway.

no i mean can i not decide to work after i have done the interview with them? even if they do give me the job after the OJE and interview, can i just say i have decided not to do it?

because i dont wanna work if they wont have overnight shifts
Just hoping Reading have some vacancies for their McDonald's when I'm at uni.
i do need money so desperately, just not big mac money...dont want satans money

future interviewers will see the real dedicated man i am

"dedicated" - You're refusing to get any form of work experience (considering that you have the OJE) which will really prepare you even less for any future jobs you have!
Well today was interesting, up on drive-thru about 30 cars per hour, absolute chaos! I even got a complaint against me today, jesus!
This past weekend has been absolute hell. It's been far too hot, and is also coincidentally a lot more busy. Coupled with a co-worker's questionable choice to spray mac sauce all down me, in the middle of a shift, it's not been great.

side point, do any other chicken siders get irritated by people ordering loads of delis? Got an order for 5 chicken salad wraps earlier, I couldn't contain my irritation. That was, however, mostly due to the heat. I usually love dressing EVERY chicken product
Reply 9990
Original post by Chewy29
I would let them know mid-august. Are you transferring or just quitting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah okay, and neither, I'll be coming back to work there in the holidays etc
Reply 9991
no i mean can i not decide to work after i have done the interview with them? even if they do give me the job after the OJE and interview, can i just say i have decided not to do it?

because i dont wanna work if they wont have overnight shifts

The interview does not form a contract of any sort so of cause you can decline the offer of employment if they are willing to take you with your piss poor attitude.
Original post by martynsteel
"dedicated" - You're refusing to get any form of work experience (considering that you have the OJE) which will really prepare you even less for any future jobs you have!

i have it all
if i go for the OJE at McDonalds and do the interview....but i still dont want the job afterwards..can i decline it?

also if i work at McDonalds will i be made fun of by my co-workers? how old are the people that work there

The coworkers are what make working there alright, you'll only get made fun of if you're a ****. However, your posts provide no evidence that you aren't one (from your other discussions, it's fairly clear you're a troll though)
Thread closed as limit reached. Feel free to create a MK II thread if it doesn't already exist :smile:

[Edit by Illusionary: here's a link to the new thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2414381 ]
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest