The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paddy
A) he says never wear shorts in the city, not in general

B) awesome designer though he may be, he is but one man, and no man or woman shall govern my majestic calves

C) see above reply, there are no skinny chinos in my recent posts :fyi:

you say you have majestic calves when earlier you say you have skinny legs..doesnt add up
Original post by paddy
A) he says never wear shorts in the city, not in general

B) awesome designer though he may be, he is but one man, and no man or woman shall govern my majestic calves

C) see above reply, there are no skinny chinos in my recent posts :fyi:

I'm very sorry but the things you posted are quite bad, very mismatched and suggest you're still finishing yourself in terms of your fashion which isn't a bad thing. The bag does need to be killed with fire though, alternatively it could be a hipster hanging basket :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mercikhan
Lets start with that bag. What the absolute hell are you thinking. What man can actually go outside and wear that. What girl would say "hes got a good fshion sense" Secondly those shorts. Don't wear shorts. The jumper looks like its been thrown up by the gay parade or something and those chinos are far to skinny looking, whats wrong with normal jeans????

It's bad, but this is a lil harsh dude

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8783
I don't understand why being gay means you have to dress like a bitch, I also know people have different opinions I don't know why your getting so emotional over this, close minded and intellectually redundant? lol ok

I'm not emotional, you were wrong and I was simply correcting you :fyi:

Please tell us more about how a "bitch" would dress though I'm super intrigued :beard:

you say you have majestic calves when earlier you say you have skinny legs..doesnt add up

Wow sorry humour is not your strong suit dude awkwaaaaard

Original post by Ruroyer72
I'm very sorry but the things you posted are quite bad, very mismatched and suggest you're still finishing yourself in terms of your fashion which isn't a bad thing. The bag does need to be killed with fire though, alternatively it could be a hipster hanging basket :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do they need to match eachother? Do you know how many clothes I own? I literally own dozens of things that would go with any of those items.

I mean I get how the bag and jumper are not gunna be everyone's cup of tea but the jeans and shorts are hardly what you'd call "out there". Even the bag, it's a plain blue bag it's nothing extraordinary.

And the day I "finish myself" in terms of fashion is the day I die, I think every man needs to get out of their comfort zone with style/fashion. I'm not suggesting we go crazy, but maybe keep an open mind about what you wear instead of writing things off from the word go.

Please let me be clear, I am more than open to valid criticism, I am not remotely cagey about what I wear, but so far I have yet to hear any such thing. You think these things are bad? I don't. I actually really like them, hence why I bought them, and the basic opinions of two anonymous guys on the Internet are not exactly grounds for reassessing my judgement :nah:
Reply 8784
Original post by paddy

Please tell us more about how a "bitch" would dress though I'm super intrigued :beard:

Something like this

Original post by paddy

Why do they need to match eachother? Do you know how many clothes I own? I literally own dozens of things that would go with any of those items.

I mean I get how the bag and jumper are not gunna be everyone's cup of tea but the jeans and shorts are hardly what you'd call "out there". Even the bag, it's a plain blue bag it's nothing extraordinary.

And the day I "finish myself" in terms of fashion is the day I die, I think every man needs to get out of their comfort zone with style/fashion. I'm not suggesting we go crazy, but maybe keep an open mind about what you wear instead of writing things off from the word go.

Please let me be clear, I am more than open to valid criticism, I am not remotely cagey about what I wear, but so far I have yet to hear any such thing. You think these things are bad? I don't. I actually really like them, hence why I bought them, and the basic opinions of two anonymous guys on the Internet are not exactly grounds for reassessing my judgement :nah:

I'm guessing you didn't buy it just because it's a "plain blue bag", the material, fastenings, shape and colour are more typical of a ladies bag, and not a nice one because some attempt has been made to make it a smidgen masculine. The reason why I say disjointed or mismatched is because they are a strange choice of things, usually for someone who has their own style there's some consistency to what they buy, that doesn't mean they're boring as their style can change and with that style a new range of similar consistent items to fit. I have a very open mind, I've worn some ridiculous stuff in my time and still do from time to time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8786
Why do people care about what other people wear?

I don't personally like the bag, but the other three items look perfectly normal. :s
Original post by Zshoom
Why do people care about what other people wear?

I don't personally like the bag, but the other three items look perfectly normal. :s

I don't really care what other people wear, each to their own, but if an item of clothing is not very nice then I'll point it out, of course, that's just my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8788
Can someone suggest me a bag that i should buy, i wont be carrying much books and no laptop. so the biggest deal for me is good looking, thinking about satchel or canvas messenger bag from asos. can someone tell me which one i should buy? Has someone bought something nice recently? Im wearing it with blazer mostly , in quite formal outfit.
Original post by Tutis
Can someone suggest me a bag that i should buy, i wont be carrying much books and no laptop. so the biggest deal for me is good looking, thinking about satchel or canvas messenger bag from asos. can someone tell me which one i should buy? Has someone bought something nice recently? Im wearing it with blazer mostly , in quite formal outfit.

A nice black canvas bag works well, the last one I had was from gap, very reliable, black colour means it doesn't need constant cleaning. Can be worn for formal and informal occasions as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8790
Original post by Tutis

What's your budget? I bought a brown Cambridge Satchel for around from asos recently that looks very classy
Please can we remember to keep it friendly. We all have different fashion tastes; be constructive not critical and accept that everyone likes different things.
Original post by paddy

Oh sorry I also realised my spell-check put finishing instead of finding, I wasn't making a patronising comment, should of been the opposite of what it sounded like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shoes to go with black skinny jeans, GO!
Reply 8794
Original post by Dangermoose

Basically anything that isn't brown
Reply 8795
Going shopping tomorrow and top of my list are smart shoes for work experience next week (insurance firm; dress code= shirt and trousers). They also need to go with my sixth form uniform (black suit :eek:) and preferably last me as much of Year 13 as possible :colondollar:

Budget of £50ish, where do you reckon are the best places to look on the high street?
Original post by Peachz
Basically anything that isn't brown

I was planning on getting some brown chukka/desert shoes (couldn't decide which). How come not brown?

White converse?
Reply 8797
I was planning on getting some brown chukka/desert shoes (couldn't decide which). How come not brown?

White converse?

Brown and black are not a combination that anyone ought to be wearing.
Original post by Peachz
Brown and black are not a combination that anyone ought to be wearing.

Fair enough, thanks!

Pair of black derbies or loafers. If the legs are black, keep the feet black too.