The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i thinks its finally hit that results in a bit :/ never been so anxious before
Original post by im so academic
It is KCL...

My initial thought. ...
Original post by Flowerii
Are you just getting a loading screen with the spinning segmented wheel?
But really, what did we expect :wink:

Thats all I've got- just is loading constantly :-/
My firm choice is in Clearing... Damn they don't want me!
Does anyone know (PQ?) if the clearing vacancies on UCAS are the same as what will be on offer through adjustment?
Reply 9205
Original post by Phildlesticks
Happy results day, everyone. :/

I've now got "Happy results day to me, happy results day to me..." going through my head :frown: if only it turns out to be happy
It is KCL...

Is that a good thing???? :s-smilie:
Original post by olliehus
Ahah, and what is your poison of choice tonight?

Jack Daniels
Well everyone, its 5 mins past midnight, and guess what? Its the 15th Aug!! Good luck on your results!! Hope everyone gets what they wished for :goodluck::goodluck:
Reply 9209
Hmm my course is in clearing, yay or nay? I was kind of expecting the grades to be lower? Anyone know if the grades go down in clearing at all? Or are they always the same?
I'm kind of annoyed the thread is still on 1 day left

EDIT:Fixed
(edited 10 years ago)
It is KCL...

they had most of their courses in clearing last year, and apparently for every year as well, at least thats what they told me on the phone. I definitely remember they were in clearing for last year though

also they seem to say they would have courses in clearing on their website
Reply 9212
can someone please help me, where's the full clearing list?
Original post by frappe framboise
Why won't the Clearing Vacancies load???? :sad:

They will sweetheart. Everyone wants to know if their firm/ insurance is in clearing. Hence the webste has thrown a fit.
Original post by bunny96
Props to my mum for putting up with my sporadic breakdowns

You can do this chick. Even if it all goes tits up, it's not the end of the world :smile:

Original post by Id and Ego seek
Feeling super, super (super!) suicidal

Marina and the diamonds <3 Good choice.
Original post by x0x
Anyone did Arabic unit 1 AS Edexcel? The grade boundaries are really high :tongue:

possibly the majority of candidates speak arabic at home, hence really high grade boundries, or lots of A2 people resitting it?

:confused:

Top unis don't throw their courses in clearing. ...
Original post by MyNameIsPhil
If my course is in clearing, does that mean anything regarding if I haven't quite got the UCAS points?

I think it means you have a slightly better chance of being accepted if you haven't met your offer.
Reply 9216
Original post by Tom_green_day
Aha thanks, enjoy Dorset! Um, I'm going to Sussex somewhere, might check out Norwich while I'm there for the uni. It'd be nice to find out your results if you're not too embarrassed :P

Thanks! And yeah sure, I'll tell you and hopefully I won't need to be embarrased :/ although right now I actually feel sick just thinking about tomorrow haha. Good luck!
Reply 9217
Original post by x0x
Anyone did Arabic unit 1 AS Edexcel? The grade boundaries are really high :tongue:

Yes I did!
Thought it was a good paper so I'm not surprised!

I'm wondering the same as well, I have them as insurance, but now I kinda regret not putting them as firm which I'm likely to miss out on.
Original post by venenecinema
OK so Durham are in clearing for law. That actually happened.

How did you find that out? That is mental - I recall Durham entering either Clearing/Adjustment last year as they gave out too few offers.

Latest