The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My course is in clearing. Don't know what to make of it, not much I suppose. Right?
If anyone needs some perking up, I found this lovely little proverb at this blog;
le-truth1.jpg
Original post by frappe framboise
Why don't the Unis in Clearing say what kind of grades you'd need to be eligible?

Go onto their websites, a few of them (southampton, york, leeds, edinburgh) mention what they require.
Original post by .snowflake.
Well done lads. If you've passed step, you've probably nailed the A level part as well.

Lets hope so!
Original post by Jack93o
if thats the case, why aren't other unis having the same problem then? (ucl, bristol, edinburgh, oxbridge, etc)

the other unis I'm seeing in clearing so far have always been in clearing

No idea. So it might be a partial bloodbath, and durham cocking things up this year. Or they've had a lot more people rejecting/ declining/ withdrawing durham than usual.
Good luck everyone :smile: x
Here's to a night of no sleep! :woo:

15 August is here. That was quick. A bit toooo quick.:unimpressed:
Reply 9307
Original post by Short Story Long
Does anyone know where I can find accurate grades for the uni's in clearing. Ucas just has the standard entry requirements :frown:

Tomorrow usually it should have it
Original post by kidomo
This thread must be mods worst nightmare ! The sheer speed at which this thread is moving is staggering!

agreed I can't even keep up let alone if I had to mod it
FOR ANYONE HOPING TO GO TO DURHAM UNIVERSITY (PARTICULARLY GEOGRAPHERS) LISTEN UP!

I have just completed my first year at Durham, studying BSc Geography. I know how all of you guys feel right now - I was in bits! I just want to say good luck to everyone and I hope you all achieve what you deserve. The next year of your life will be so life-changing, I can't even describe how eye-opening and amazing it will be. Just hold onto this dream and make it happen. I didn't get the required A*AA for last year, I got AAB, but I called the Durham Geography department immediately, and although it took a few hours, I got in based on prior academic performance, other achievements and my personal statement/reference. So if you miss the offer, just hold on to the hope that Durham might still take you, and try your absolute hardest to get in because it will be worth it. Even when I arrived at Durham, I quickly found out that most people missed their offers! Just because you miss your offer, it does not mean you are not worthy! I'm not boasting, but even though I missed mine, I'm now placed in the top 5% of my year - A-levels mean nothing once you get to uni! So, please, I urge you, if you miss your offer and Track still says your Durham offer is conditional, ring them up. The department gave you an offer in the first place because they are desperate to have you.

GOOD LUCK. I really hope you all achieve the required grades, but if not, you are not a failure and you shouldn't give up, just try your best. Have hope and faith - there will be a lot of people in the 'missed offer' position, so you are not alone. And when all you guys do get into university, I sincerely hope you have the most fantastic experience of your lives. Guys, your life begins tomorrow whatever the outcome, so be excited about it :smile:
good luck people!
Reply 9312
Is having your firm and insurance choice in clearing for the course you want to do a good thing or no? I heard quite a few sides of the story to how it can be a good thing or not! A bit confused.
http://samworldofview.wordpress.com/ check out a results day
blog
I just got an email from my firm university which began with the words "As a confirmed student at the university..."
Does this mean what I think it does or am I getting ahead of myself?????
My course is in clearing... I don't what to think of it... :/
Anyone here know whether we also get a new set of predicted grades on results day, for those of us who're receiving our AS results?
Original post by James A
:awesome:

Oh hey, you're still awake. :p:

Just thought I'd inform you. :h:
15th Aug has come waaay to quickly.. And i need to get into college for 9 tommorow.. why am i still awake??
Original post by jessiekatieglen
I just got an email from my firm university which began with the words "As a confirmed student at the university..."
Does this mean what I think it does or am I getting ahead of myself?????

Oooer. What else does it say? you might have done it chick.

Latest