The Student Room Group

The Filofax Appreciation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RibenaRockstar
Just moved back into my Chameleon Compact yesterday... And then won a Pocket Malden on eBay this morning (my dream binder) - so I'm going to have to write loads of stuff out again :tongue:

The purple Malden? I think they look really nice but they're just so soft! Love that the Chameleon feels a bit more sturdy.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
The purple Malden? I think they look really nice but they're just so soft! Love that the Chameleon feels a bit more sturdy.

Yes, purple :biggrin: I'm going to keep my chameleons (I have a red pocket which I love but only has 15mm rings and a raspberry compact) but I have been wanting a leather pocket with bigger rings for ages and I love how soft the Malden is personally
My personal aqua malden arrived this week and the colour is amazing, and it's so soft and it stays open and it's beautiful. I think I'll be sticking with this one for a while and I'll actually use it!
I've been stalking the stationery thread for days and now need a filofax. I didn't realise there was a whole industry dedicated to creating inserts and a whole host of pretty and funky things! I'm going to persuade the other half to buy me one as a going to uni present..!
Back from holiday and my new inserts arrived whilst I was away - my Filofax has been out of use for a month due to no inserts, so going to get cracking and start re-setting it up today! :biggrin:
Can't wait to get my Filofax! Do you all personalise yours?
5 weeks left until i can use my flex!
Reply 807
My mum said she'd buy me a new filofax for my 21st, and I can't stop eyeing up the personal aqua malden...
Reply 808
What's a Filofax? :angelblush:
Hey guys!
I need a great Filo for uni. I will be studying Actuarial Science if that helps. I need some suggestions as to what kind of things I should look for and generally advice on picking out a great Filo.
Any input will be highly appreciated! :smile:
Reply 810
Only just discoverd this thread. Glad I'm not the only one who loves thier filofax. I first got one as a present when I was still in primary school, not realising how useful one was. I've recantly realised how useful one would be and as I've lost my origanl I bought myself a petal pocket filofax and its so useful. :smile:
my first filofax was a graphic zipped...
Original post by sneha.vag
Hey guys!
I need a great Filo for uni. I will be studying Actuarial Science if that helps. I need some suggestions as to what kind of things I should look for and generally advice on picking out a great Filo.
Any input will be highly appreciated! :smile:

What size were you after? I'm selling an A5 Fusion with no inserts for £20 and a pocket finsbury with inserts but no diary for £15 if you're after a bargain?

Both are like new as they were only used for a week or so before I decided I'd rather stick to my old Filofaxes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LukeyJB
What's a Filofax? :angelblush:

Ring-binder personal organisers. They're a way of life for some of us! :biggrin: http://www.filofax.co.uk/
i gave away a filofax doodle and springboard after reviewing them on my blog. If i do any more filofax giveaways in the future I'll post on this thread..planning a stationery giveaway at the moment (:
Best advice I ever got about filofaxes was on this thread (many pages back!) - TK Maxx. If you're not sure what kind you want, have a look in there. I found my Purple metropol personal there and it was only £15! It even had a current diary in it so I didn't have to buy a new one. Best bargain I've ever had!
Reply 816
I've just found this thread & it's inspired me to get an organiser ready for the start of uni, I have a paperchase one but have moved since & it's packed away somewhere.

Would you recommend an actual Filofax or are the alternatives just as good? I quite like this one, would it take Filofax inserts? http://www.ryman.co.uk/1935079301/Filofax-Temperley-Ikat-Compact-Personal-Organiser/Product
Original post by S1an
I've just found this thread & it's inspired me to get an organiser ready for the start of uni, I have a paperchase one but have moved since & it's packed away somewhere.

Would you recommend an actual Filofax or are the alternatives just as good? I quite like this one, would it take Filofax inserts? http://www.ryman.co.uk/1935079301/Filofax-Temperley-Ikat-Compact-Personal-Organiser/Product

It would take the personal sized inserts, however be aware that compact sizes have smaller rings and so you can fit less in them!

If you're near London the Filofax store there is closing down and having a big sale, from my understanding :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mammamia:0
It would take the personal sized inserts, however be aware that compact sizes have smaller rings and so you can fit less in them!

If you're near London the Filofax store there is closing down and having a big sale, from my understanding :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you possibly know how long this sale is supposed to last? :smile:
all the filofax stores are closing :frown:

Quick Reply