The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by game well and truly over
Can practicals definitely NOT be remarked? I'm 1 mark off A* in Physics (but had full marks in all the 4 writtens).. did crap in the Practicals though.

Definitely not for OCR is the only confirmation I can give
Would a priority remark allow you a higher chance of your mark going up / at least staying the same than if you get a normal remark? Because the examiner might be more kind and less harsh if he/ she knows your university place depend on the result?
Reply 622
Original post by bubblingtsr
Would a priority remark allow you a higher chance of your mark going up / at least staying the same than if you get a normal remark? Because the examiner might be more kind and less harsh if he/ she knows your university place depend on the result?

No. Don't bank on that, because I was in the exact same situation, but ended up going down 2 UMS
Still waiting on remark.

I hope to god it goes up. It won't though.

You'd think those buggers of examiners would have sympathy for people who paid and like were really close to a boundary.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Sannn
No. Don't bank on that, because I was in the exact same situation, but ended up going down 2 UMS
.. so I guess the outcome depends on whether or not you are getting a nice examiner for your remark.. :s-smilie:?
Original post by Frostyjoe
Still waiting on remark.

I hope to god it goes up. It won't though.

You'd think those buggers of examiners would have sympathy for people who paid and like were really close to a boundary.
*sigh*. Can you get another remark after the first remark, or can you do anything other thing else to boost the mark up?
Reply 626
I got my re-mark results today for sociology and it went up by 9 ums marks! So I did get an A after all! Don't lose hope guys.
*sigh*. Can you get another remark after the first remark, or can you do anything other thing else to boost the mark up?

You dan but it would be a bit embaressing.
Reply 628
Original post by Boqore
I got my re-mark results today for sociology and it went up by 9 ums marks! So I did get an A after all! Don't lose hope guys.

what exam board?
Reply 629
Has anyone done the AQA biology AS unit 3x coursework and What did they get as Im getting a remark and wondering if anyone else is.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 630
.. so I guess the outcome depends on whether or not you are getting a nice examiner for your remark.. :s-smilie:?

Pretty much. I don't mean to crush your hopes or anything, but you're really not guaranteed a positive result at all.
Reply 631
Original post by Ni$¥
Has anyone done the AQA biology AS unit 3x coursework and What did they get as Im getting a remark and wondering if anyone else is.

I got 54/60 UMS but I don't know what the situation is on getting remarks for them.
Original post by Ni$¥

I'm not sure about AQA but you can't get a remark on OCR for practicals.
Original post by Boqore
=D
congrats!! thanks for the encouragement.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Frostyjoe
You dan but it would be a bit embaressing.

'You dan' What does this mean?
Original post by Sannn
Pretty much. I don't mean to crush your hopes or anything, but you're really not guaranteed a positive result at all.
... Yea sure. Thanks for reminding me. >.<
Reply 636
I'm hoping for a miracle... I've ordered for photocopies of 8 of my scripts back - 4 chem papers, 4 bio papers. I need 7more ums for an A in chem and 26 more ums for an A in bio. I know it's practically impossible for my grades to go up for both of them but I might as well try.

also can AQA EMPAs be remarked, because they're the area where I mess up on the most.
Reply 637
... Yea sure. Thanks for reminding me. >.<

You're better off knowing the blunt reality now, instead of when your remark comes back. Don't get me wrong - there is a definite chance it WILL go up, and you'll get what you need. All I'm saying is don't be too optimistic
Reply 638
Just received my biology as remark back and have gone up 5 ums so I am now the next grade up. Only English lit and maths remarks to go, hope they go as well!
Generally, I haven't found re-marks to be particularly successful. I had an AS History and an A2 English Lit. paper re-marked (both Edexcel) but both stayed the same. I did, however, have an AQA A2 Biology paper marked up by 7 UMS, enough to take me right onto the boundary for an A* (got 100% on Unit 4 but scraped a B for the A2 ISA; I screamed at the man from my college's exam office when he told me... :biggrin:, so now he remembers me as the 'screaming girl', hmm

Latest