The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Apart from access to HE what does ucl want to

Hi people,
I started Access Science course this year and really aspire to get on to pharmacy or related degree subject. I know it's not easy to get an offer from top universities with this kind of qualification, but ucl is certainly on my list. I am confident I can achieve their required grades but I know there is more to it then that.
And there is my question, what else they are looking for? What level of your relevant experience is conveniet enough for ucl?
I would really appreciate any advise,
thanks
paulina.
Reply 1
I got in on an Access to HE: Education. The offer UCL made was actually rather low asking for 28 level 3 points at Distinction and 15 level 3 at Merit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Antonward
I got in on an Access to HE: Education. The offer UCL made was actually rather low asking for 28 level 3 points at Distinction and 15 level 3 at Merit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A good personal statement helps. Your tutors will know what Universities are looking for. Focus on your Access course for now, it doesn't get easier. Remember "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're probably right."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Paulina.
Hi people,
I started Access Science course this year and really aspire to get on to pharmacy or related degree subject. I know it's not easy to get an offer from top universities with this kind of qualification, but ucl is certainly on my list. I am confident I can achieve their required grades but I know there is more to it then that.
And there is my question, what else they are looking for? What level of your relevant experience is conveniet enough for ucl?
I would really appreciate any advise,
thanks
paulina.

Hi I'm 19 And I Was Wondering How Do They Assess You In The English And Maths. What did you have to write for your English and Maths assessment.
Reply 4
Hi, I have my Maths GCSE done and now doing level 3, and IELTS international test for English
Reply 5
A good personal statement helps. Your tutors will know what Universities are looking for. Focus on your Access course for now, it doesn't get easier. Remember "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're probably right."

Posted from TSR Mobile

I liked that.
I know I need strong personal statement. I am just wondering if they expect me to be familiar with chemistry lab on daily bases, or do sth exeptional, win any contests? Or maybe attend some scientific conferences?
What do you think it is that got u an offer?
Reply 6
As I was applying for a languages course I just highlighted my time in foreign countries and how I perceived language is used in both education and normal life. So my best advice is to highlight what you have done and then emphasise on the parts you are really interested in.
Reply 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

Offer was actually 28 credits at Distinction/Merit at level 3 and 15 credits at level 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending