The Student Room Group

Help choosing university

I want to study physics
-as grades AABB, general studies (C)
- predicted grades are A*AA in physics maths and economics respectively

Also doing further maths as predicted A
-would prefer city universities (social scene etc)
- I'm from West Yorkshire, would like to go far away ha

What universities would you recommend? I'm sort of stuck deciding

Also what careers do physics graduates mainly go into?
Finance?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Hey! I'm going into second year physics at bristol and would really recommend it :smile: the department is great and it is an amazing city with a really good social scene.

As far as other city universities I'd say check out southampton, sheffield, UCL, imperial, manchester and edinburgh. Also maybe bath, kings, birmingham and nottingham.

I'm still pretty clueless about the careers haha sorry.
Reply 2
Is it hard to get into Bristol? I am considering Bristol as its a city uni and also it's ranked well.
I'm applying to ucl, I want to apply to imperial but I am predicted a A* in physics not maths :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Try looking at durham too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Surrey's pretty good

edit: looking at your pred. grades I'de say it would be a good insurance.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
St Andrews, Southampton and Imperial College London are good for Physics. With your grades you can apply to many universities. Make a list of universities you are interested in and visit them at Open Days. As for careers, many career options are open for you ranging from research to management.
Reply 6
I applied to Bristol with just A predictions and got what I think is/was the standard offer of AAB, so with a good personal statement I think its likely that you could get an offer :smile: oh yeah and UCL looks great as well. Hmm you could probably try applying to imperial anyway (unless the entry reqs specifically say predicted A* in maths?) although be careful as two of my friends received very high offers from them (which they then didn't meet) but if you are fairly confident then go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
One other question, do universities concentrate on gcses? Or do As results usually count for more? I have 5A 2B 2c
And D*D* which are poor

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending