The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MedicineBug
Most of my practice was outside of lessons. I couldn't really afford to have more than 10 lessons anyway and only had two months to pass my test. So it worked out pretty well.

Okay was that because your theory was going to run out?
Finally passed the son of a bitch. 4th test :colonhash:
Passed first time today with no minors! I'm so happy :biggrin: Had 20 hours of lessons but plenty of practise in my parents car, that would be my biggest bit of advice for new learners, try and get insurance on a parents car and just practise, practise, practise even if you don't want to try things just do it, you'll have to learn to do it at some point :smile: Good Luck to anyone taking their test soon :smile:
Passed first time today and what makes it even better was the fact that Grand Theft Auto V had been delivered whilst I was out so now I get to drive like a maniac :colone:
Original post by Anonymousgirll
Okay was that because your theory was going to run out?

No, I did my theory in July. I just wanted to get it all done before going back to university.
Original post by MedicineBug
No, I did my theory in July. I just wanted to get it all done before going back to university.

oh ok what university are you at and what are you studying?
well done
I PASSED!!!! 4th time but don't give a ****. No one thought I'd pass!
After I failed my 3rd I thought I would never pass but I just remained calm and composed throughout.

Ecstatic!!!
6 minors
Original post by Bornblue
I PASSED!!!! 4th time but don't give a ****. No one thought I'd pass!
After I failed my 3rd I thought I would never pass but I just remained calm and composed throughout.

Ecstatic!!!
6 minors

Well done mate :smile: 1st time, 100th time, only difference between the two is bragging rights. What were your minors for?
I passed my 2nd time, but to be very honest both my driving instructor and the test guy thought I could've done it the first, if it wasn't for this stupid mistake: I got to a roundabout 2 mins before the end of the rest. I thought I put the car into first gear, but kept stalling as I wanted to enter the round about. Instructor gave me 5 seconds or so to adjust myself, but I was to dumb to figure out the issue. He then tells me that I'm in third gear and I just facepalmed.

Past my second time with no faults.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WoodyMKC
Well done mate :smile: 1st time, 100th time, only difference between the two is bragging rights. What were your minors for?

It was such a relief. Taken two years to pass (albeit I was on gap year for 9 months)
One minor was for a show me tell me question, one for a right turn, two for control, one for speed and one for parallel park.

I can't describe how relieved I am. I failed my last test 3 weeks ago with two bad majors and had to rebook at a different test centre. My parents told me I was stupid to book so soon after in a place I'd never been!
Honestly thought I'd never pass. I was so down about it.

Over the moon!
(edited 10 years ago)
Passed today first time with 7 minors :biggrin: So happy!!!
I passed today with 4 minors :biggrin: I really didn't think was going to pass :biggrin: I can't believe it :eek:
Reply 5113
Original post by graciegirl
I passed today with 4 minors :biggrin: I really didn't think was going to pass :biggrin: I can't believe it :eek:

I passed today as well! First time with 3 minors which is pretty darn good knowing how awful my driving can be at times! Waiting for people to come home so I can tell them :colondollar:
Original post by Anonymousgirll
oh ok what university are you at and what are you studying?

University of Nottingham, Theology and Religious Studies (Y2). (Sorry for the late reply)
I passed my driving test earlier this week. I am soooo happy. I had my first ever lesson on the 24th June 2013 (couldn't even move the car without stalling). I then took my theory on 12th July and passed first time. I took my practical on 25th September 2013 and also passed that first time with 2 minor faults. It took me exactly 3 months and one day from being a total beginner to passing my test. I had 17 lessons with a professional instructor and plenty of practise in my dads car. I took the test in my dads car as I had clocked more hours in it. I'm so happy I managed to do it before I go back to university today.
SO HAPPY I CAN FINALLY POST HERE!!!!!!

Passed 5th time with 5minors today, dont care but so happy!!!!!!!

Went over the kerb thought it was all over but it wasnt!!!!

Had turn in the road, SO HAPPY!!!!!!!:colondollar::colondollar:
Original post by princesshollyx
SO HAPPY I CAN FINALLY POST HERE!!!!!!

Passed 5th time with 5minors today, dont care but so happy!!!!!!!

Went over the kerb thought it was all over but it wasnt!!!!

Had turn in the road, SO HAPPY!!!!!!!:colondollar::colondollar:

Well done!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you !!! Its so weird driving on your own ! I only went to morrisons then mcdonalds lol just sat there talking to my handbag!! LOL x
Original post by princesshollyx
Thank you !!! Its so weird driving on your own ! I only went to morrisons then mcdonalds lol just sat there talking to my handbag!! LOL x

Lol. I haven't driven on my own yet! I don't have a car. Did u have a car before u passed your test or are u borrowing your parents car?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending