The Student Room Group

Language or Literature?

hi so currently i am in year 11. i wish to study medicine at university. i'm definitely taking chemistry, biology and psychology for a levels but i am uncertain for the fourth subject. i found out the universities i want to apply to dont need physics or maths so please dont mention that. the question is should i take english language or english literature? thank you it would be a great help :smile:
Reply 1
Whichever you enjoy more.
Reply 2
I think universities look at english lit as a 'harder' subject but just go with what you will enjoy the most!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I would take English Literature to give you three 'solid' A-Levels.
Reply 4
language is a lot more scientific and real to life. So I would would definitely say language :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by JustKate
I think universities look at english lit as a 'harder' subject but just go with what you will enjoy the most!

Posted from TSR Mobile

prefer language more but im predicted an A* in lit, might just go with that, thanks for the advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Aquar
I would take English Literature to give you three 'solid' A-Levels.

thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by saraw26
language is a lot more scientific and real to life. So I would would definitely say language :smile:

haha in a dilemma again now, maybe i should just flip a coin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saraw26

scientific? linguistics maybe but I don't think the A-level ciriculum delves into it much.
Reply 9
Original post by John Stuart Mill
scientific? linguistics maybe but I don't think the A-level ciriculum delves into it much.

As in it's a lot more factual... :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending