The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Катя
I don't think it's social losers who haven't sat their GCSEs who are saying otherwise, it's people who think that anything less than AAA/AAB is poor effort.

GradesABB Grades\leq ABB is a poor effort, given how a-levels are, you should be able to smash most of them if you work hard enough.
Original post by Robbie242
GradesABB Grades\leq ABB is a poor effort, given how a-levels are, you should be able to smash most of them if you work hard enough.

Never just as simple as that.
Reply 182
Original post by chelseafan

Hence why I said most, for Economics it never seems to work
Reply 183

Yes, it is. If anyone is wondering why I don't type paragraphs and paragraphs, it's because what I say is fairly basic. It is just as simple as that. ABB at A Level is typically awarded to those who slack off, are generally dumb, picked the wrong subjects, etc.
Reply 184
Also the school/college you attend for A-Levels can have a big effect on your A-Level grades, if you go to private/grammar school and get ABB that's shocking, in state school those are definitely good grades
Original post by TSR Fan
You haven't met the vast majority then who are genuinely passionate about their subject.

He's a disillusioned 17 year old who thinks that Oxbridge is the be all and end all of life. For some it may be, but for those who live in the real world, it's not. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Oxbridge, all I'm saying is that you don't have to kill yourself if you don't go there.)
TSR is so out of touch with the real world.
Reply 187
Original post by contrapositive
He's a disillusioned 17 year old who thinks that Oxbridge is the be all and end all of life. For some it may be, but for those who live in the real world, it's not. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Oxbridge, all I'm saying is that you don't have to kill yourself if you don't go there.)

I doubt that is true from his/her posts. I am of that opinion though. Lucky I met my offer, huh? :tongue: I'm thankful to still be alive.
Reply 188
He's a disillusioned 17 year old who thinks that Oxbridge is the be all and end all of life. For some it may be, but for those who live in the real world, it's not.

Jealousy, jealousy, jealousy :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 189
TSR is so out of touch with the real world.

Duh. Some people on here have high ambitions, much more than I can say for many students at schools and colleges across the country.
Reply 190
Original post by TSR Fan
Yes, it is. If anyone is wondering why I don't type paragraphs and paragraphs, it's because what I say is fairly basic. It is just as simple as that. ABB at A Level is typically awarded to those who slack off, are generally dumb, picked the wrong subjects, etc.

Dumb is a bit extreme dont you think? Or are you trolling?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TSR Fan
I doubt that is true from his/her posts. I am of that opinion though. Lucky I met my offer, huh? :tongue: I'm thankful to still be alive.

Can't say I've looked at their posts, just saw that they were 17 and based on this thread. But yeah, count your blessings.
Reply 192
Original post by Arieisit
Dumb is a bit extreme dont you think? Or are you trolling?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, I'm not trolling. I'm not a very diplomatic person - I state my mind. I don't sugarcoat the cold, hard truth like many do. If you get ABB you are most likely pretty stupid if you didn't slack off, have extenuating circumstances, etc.
Jealousy, jealousy, jealousy :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jealous of what?
Reply 194
Original post by TSR Fan
Duh. Some people on here have high ambitions, much more than I can say for many students at schools and colleges across the country.

This is so true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 195
Jealous of what?

That you're not good enough to attend Oxbridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 196

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've run out of rep for today. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't apply. Wouldn't know.
Reply 198
Didn't apply. Wouldn't know.

A Level grades?
Poverty Posters taking over the thread.

Latest