The Student Room Group

MEGATHREAD* - UKCAT 2014 Entry Discussion Megathread Part II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm a graduate applying with 2790... lowest section was AR 590 and highest DA 880 do you think it would be better to avoid graduate options and just apply for the undergrad courseS?
Reply 41
Original post by wam-bam
Chill you'll be fine! I just tried to FULLY simulate my exam, had shower, breakfast, left 20 minutes as if i was driving to the exam centre, then 10 miuntes to sort out and go in, sat down to do the official mock.2 at 9am and my computer decided to crash when I was on question 21 of DA!!! :angry: I'm feeling it's a bad sign :stomp:

I tried to do that too :frown: but I was really nervous!!!! Did a mock today and got 638 :frown: I hope I get higher in the real thing!!

What's your last minute prep?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
I am an overseas student. Wishing to do medicine degree here. I have done access to medicine course with distinctions in all modules. I had applied twice in the last two years but could not get any place even I had two interviews at Liverpool and Cardiff medical schools. My ukcat score was 480 and 510 respectively.

This is my third try and this time my score is 587. Highest is 810 in DA with lowest 400 in VR. Any advice where should I apply? Thanks in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Just did my UKCAT and got 665 average.
Are my chances of getting into Queen Marys gone :frown:
I am a gap year applicant.
Original post by Dr.Ugs
I tried to do that too :frown: but I was really nervous!!!! Did a mock today and got 638 :frown: I hope I get higher in the real thing!!

What's your last minute prep?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH! Dr. Ugs!!! It's tomorrow!!! :frown: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Reply 45
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH! Dr. Ugs!!! It's tomorrow!!! :frown: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I know!!!! I feel like tommorrow is the end of the world!

How's prep?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Im ****ting the **** out of this ****. :mad2::sick::zomg::yikes:
Reply 47
I have mine in an hour. balahahahshshsha
Reply 48
Original post by kchop

Good luck! I hope it goes well! I am sure you will smash it :wink:
Let us know how it goes? :cool:
Original post by kchop

ARGH gOOD LUck !!!!!!!!
I sucked in all my mocks and managed to do well in the real thing. just keep calm. thats the most important. It wasnt that hard as I thought it could have been Esp quant.
Hope u get easy Questions
Reply 50
Original post by Priya_Biju
ARGH gOOD LUck !!!!!!!!
I sucked in all my mocks and managed to do well in the real thing. just keep calm. thats the most important. It wasnt that hard as I thought it could have been Esp quant.

Was VR similar to official mock 2? :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by Priya_Biju
ARGH gOOD LUck !!!!!!!!

Mind over matter right? That's what I keep telling myself anyway! And yes I'll let you all know how it goes :smile:
tjanks for all the support guys, big love.
Reply 52
Original post by Dr.Ugs

Does medify ever give you a score / 900 they say on the full mock page "This is the reason why at the beginning we will not be able to give you a UKCAT score after taking a Mock." Do they? If so where is it, becuas i can't see it :confused:
Good luck to everyone in the last few batches of UKCAT sitters! You will be fine :smile: x

Sat mine a couple of weeks ago so let me know if you need any last min help/advice.
Reply 54
Original post by lovelycup7

Thanks, how does the VR, AR and DA compare from the 2nd official mock to the real thing? What did you get in it? and the actual exam?
Reply 55
Original post by Dr.Ugs
My hands are shaking and my exam is tommorrow :\<br>
<br>
<br>
<font size="1"><a href="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app" target="_blank">Posted from TSR Mobile</a></font>
<br>
<br>Hey Dr. Ugs, i think you've posted in this forum like every other page and have helped so much people!&nbsp;<br>
Hope it goes well for you.&nbsp;<br>Was just wondering, how much of your personal statement have you or will you change when submitting UCAS this year?&nbsp;<br><br>Good luck!&nbsp;
Reply 56
Original post by wam-bam
Does medify ever give you a score / 900 they say on the full mock page "This is the reason why at the beginning we will not be able to give you a UKCAT score after taking a Mock." Do they? If so where is it, becuas i can't see it :confused:

Nah it doesn't and it won't coz it can't :smile:
But for guesstimating try the equation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by Chi-
<br>
<br>Hey Dr. Ugs, i think you've posted in this forum like every other page and have helped so much people!*<br>
Hope it goes well for you.*<br>Was just wondering, how much of your personal statement have you or will you change when submitting UCAS this year?*<br><br>Good luck!*

Thanks! Yeah I practically live on this thread!

I wrote my first draft and posted it on TSR but haven't had a review yet :frown: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Original post by Dr.Ugs

yeah thanks :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by keh92
I'm a graduate applying with 2790... lowest section was AR 590 and highest DA 880 do you think it would be better to avoid graduate options and just apply for the undergrad courseS?

Well I've never gone for GEP but from what I've gathered on here, GEP is even more competitive and they all use the UKCAT to a much greater extent (since you have huge amount of graduates coming into medicine with all sorts of degrees), so I'd say go for the undergrad route, you goal is to get into medicine and I'm definitely sure you would stand a much stronger chance with undergrads than with grads, besides you have more options and breathing space this way at the cost of an extra year (I know it's another £9000 sadly :frown: and another year of your life in education) but what's the alternative? (Not getting in because you were too proud and went all out graduate?) 2790 is a great score (don't judge solely on TSR), choose wisely and you've got a solid chance with your UKCAT and degree (which I assume is a 2:1 or 1:1 :tongue:).
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending