The Student Room Group

Grade Requirements VS predicted grades - advice

I want to apply for a uni asking for A*AA (Bristol) for English and I am predicted AAA but are they going to even consider me if they are asking A*AA??? :confused:

If not I will apply for English and Philosophy which is AAA
Original post by CuriousQuestioner
I want to apply for a uni asking for A*AA (Bristol) for English and I am predicted AAA but are they going to even consider me if they are asking A*AA??? :confused:

Bristol will have enough applicants who do reach the minimum requirements, so they don't need to be kind, I'm afraid.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Bristol will have enough applicants who do reach the minimum requirements, so they don't need to be kind, I'm afraid.

Even if I think I might get A*AA? You would say apply for English and Philosophy? Thanks for your reply

It depends a little on why you are predicted AAA instead of A*AA. If it is because your school doesn't predict A* and they include this on the reference, then they may consider you. However you would need high UMS scores at AS to be a strong candidate.

You may be safer applying for English and philosophy, but would you actually be happy studying this degree?
Even if I think I might get A*AA? You would say apply for English and Philosophy? Thanks for your reply

It's not a question of what you think you might get, it's what predicted grades your teachers give you on the application. These are what the university will base its decision on. Don't apply for English and Philosophy unless you actually want to study philosophy.
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
It depends a little on why you are predicted AAA instead of A*AA. If it is because your school doesn't predict A* and they include this on the reference, then they may consider you. However you would need high UMS scores at AS to be a strong candidate.

You may be safer applying for English and philosophy, but would you actually be happy studying this degree?

I did well at RS (philosophy and ethics) as-level I got A. Overall I got AABB for AS results and I don't know what my school policy is on A*'s but I overheard one teacher saying he didn't realize he could predict us A*'s because our subject teachers are the ones who say our predicted grades.

My other uni's are AAB, AAB, AAB and ABB/BBB
It's not a question of what you think you might get, it's what predicted grades your teachers give you on the application. These are what the university will base its decision on. Don't apply for English and Philosophy unless you actually want to study philosophy.

I am really interested in philosophy and english I was just wondering if there was any point applying just english. Thank you :redface:
I am really interested in philosophy and english I was just wondering if there was any point applying just english. Thank you :redface:

Time for me to plug my sticky again, I think:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2012563&p=37765516#post37765516

Cheers! Thanks for sharing :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending