The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by roachesandratsx
I regret joining this website already. You know, there are many black women out there (including me) who go through depression, identity issues and self esteem issues because of stupid flippant comments like this.

just remember: You-are-beautiful-in-every-single-way.jpg
Original post by CasualSoul
< he seems impressed :rofl:

but no obviously not everyone will find them ugly because they are not all ugly. Anyone who says they are all ugly needs to go to Specsavers :pierre:

But that vine though.. XD
Wow, this thread is getting a bit to long for me to read.
Original post by Spontogical
I wouldn't neg you, no. I would neg the diatribe being written in here.

Right. That makes much more sense. Some people are writing very neg-worthy comments in here

Spoiler

Original post by Lucy96
You can't say they're all unattractive though, it's certainly not the case! There are plenty of absolutely beautiful black women. I agree you that you can't choose who you're attracted to, but saying "their attractiveness has all been sucked away" is quite a bold, cruel, untrue and unfair statement to make.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:teehee:
Reply 145
Original post by suzylemonade
It's just something I've noticed lately, people saying that they're not/will never be/have never been attracted to a black girl. Is there any particular reason for this?

Black women are judged against western standards of beauty, which are usually favoured to white women (which makes sense since the majority of people in western countries are white).

Black women who look most like white women are seen as the most beautiful, light-skinned, small nose, long hair etc.

Black features such as a wide nose are usually regarded as not as attractive.

That's why some people find black women ugly because they are comparing them to white women.

I'm a black girl and I see it everywhere, however I know that there are plenty of beautiful black women out there and there are plenty of people that acknowledge this beauty. It's just a sad truth, that there is quite a large number of people who just deem black females as ugly because they don't look like white females.
Reply 146
My best friend is a highly attractive white man who has a penchant for black women who possess 'black features', in fact, quite a few of my white friends are into black women.
Reply 147
Original post by Per
If by any unfortunate chance there are any people, female or not, black or not who have been offended by some of the stuff that's been written on this thread, just remember: after all of the feeble minded ones-be they racist or just simply narrow minded- are after their prescriptive 'perfect' partners, it'll only leave the intellectually superior, most open minded and genuinely interesting people available.

Precisely, it acts as a pretty good filter.
Reply 148
It's because naturally if a white man and a black woman have a child, it'll grow up to be a really attractive person (am I right? Half black people are generally attractive). Anyway, ugly people (like me) in the world have teamed up to stop this happening so that we can seem more beautiful. So the uglier the people on the planet, (i.e. the less half black people), the more beautifuller I will seem.
Original post by QwentyJ
In that case, you ain't seen a lot of girls full stop!

I find it ridiculous how people can you just instantly write an entire swathe of the population off of their attraction radar. Why not just be of the mindset that 'attractive is attractive', regardless of race? So what if you haven't met a black girl who you find attractive? There might be another one around the corner who would knock your socks off. Be open-minded in your approach.

I don't get your issue

there's millions of beautiful European girls , I'm not losing out

I don't like dark skin either so your argument falls on both accounts

a black girl will have black features , why is that so hard to get? it's like someone being attracted to oriental girls , have you met one without slanted eyes ???
(edited 10 years ago)
There are plenty of stunning black women, a lot seem to have really great figures too
Reply 151
Original post by Felix Felicis
People will continue to say "there are attractive and unattractive people in every race" but from the black girls I've met/ seen, I haven't found the average girl to be as attractive as the average european/ asian girl I've met. Then again, might just be a personal preference or a small sample size. :rolleyes:

Someone who finds this offensive is drinking a little too much of the political correct kool aid.

People have their own preferences, they have the liberty to do so. If liking the appearance of a certain race is considered racist, then so be it. Ninetheless to exclusively date people based on their ethnic background is of the utmost shallowness, but that is just my opinion :redface:
Original post by noobynoo
It makes perfect sense. Humans are subconsciously attracted to fit healthy females because they will produce fit healthy offspring.

A male in Africa will be less attracted to light skinned females because he can sense that the women get sunburned and have a higher risk of skin cancer.

Likewise a male in a cold climate such as Britain will be less attracted to dark skinned females because he can sense that the women will be susceptible to vitimin D deficiency and hence more likely to get various illnesses. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_skin

That's how evolution by sexual selection works. That's just science. And it is an answer to the OP's question.

No man! People are attracted to foreign people.

And if we are getting into genes and ****, people are attracted to people from other cultures because it will produce babies with fresh genes.
All the ones.I know or have met are lovley in either looks personality or both

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 154
Original post by jusdorange
I don't get your issue

there's millions of beautiful European girls , I'm not losing out

I don't like dark skin either so your argument falls on both accounts

a black girl will have black features , why is that so hard to get? it's like someone being attracted to oriental girls , have you met one without slanted eyes ???

You're missing my point. Whether this is deliberate or not, I don't know.

All I'm saying is keep an open mind. You might see one one day that you find attractive and then mind = blown.
Original post by Anonymous
I know a lot of people stereotype against black girls and think that we are "sassy" etc!

you're an ugly black girl, otherwise you wouldn't be anonymous
Reply 156
I think TSR has some bizzare rules of conduct. You can post blatantly racist threads like this one and not get banned but if you post a picture of a nipple you get banned for two weeks. Therefor I must conclude that the owners of TSR are right wing conservatives and not left wing liberals.

Just what is TSR's agenda? Is it a mouthpiece for the BNP?

(I am not accusing... just asking in the context of open debate.)
(edited 10 years ago)
This thread is pathetic imo
Original post by noobynoo
I think TSR has some bizzare rules of conduct. You can post blatantly racist threads like this one and not get banned but if you post a picture of a nipple you get banned for two weeks. Therefor I must conclude that the owners of TSR are right wing conservatives and not left wing liberals.

Just what is TSR's agenda? Is it a mouthpiece for the BNP?

(I am not accusing... just asking in the context of open debate.)

How in the world is this racist? I am black, and I asked a question after stating an observation. There's absolutely NOTHING in my original post to imply that I was being racist (and against myself? Does that even make sense?)
Reply 159
Ugly is ugly, hot is hot. Regardless of race.

Latest

Trending

Trending